EB Mods JS Engine

Old 08-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default motor

I rest my case,I just want to know who makes the motor, because I know it is not a company called JS that is going to come out with one .21 buggy motor and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on the equiptment to make a single engine.
Attached Thumbnails EB Mods JS Engine-fmstoronero21t.jpg   EB Mods JS Engine-rbc01009-s9.jpg  
Old 08-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You might be right but who said this would be the only motor they will make?

If I was starting a motor company, the first motor I would market (besides plane motors) would be offroad .21 motors. They are far easier to get right then onroad motors where shear horsepower is everything but people still expect them to last. I'd get my feet wet with offroad motors and take a LOT of time developing before I sold the first onroad motor.

Just look at GRP. They came out with everything at once. Lots of people seem to love the offroad motors but most onroad racers wouldn't run one if you gave it to them. They should have done a little more homework first.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
I rest my case,I just want to know who makes the motor, because I know it is not a company called JS that is going to come out with one .21 buggy motor and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on the equiptment to make a single engine.
who says there is only gonna be 1 engine? I would think that other versions of the engine will show themselve, you have to give it time. Have to be settled on product #1 before you start on product #2.

I'm sure Ed can clear it all up, but i'm sure he wants to wait till he has a complete press release ready
Old 08-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by megasaxon
who says there is only gonna be 1 engine? I would think that other versions of the engine will show themselve, you have to give it time. Have to be settled on product #1 before you start on product #2.

I'm sure Ed can clear it all up, but i'm sure he wants to wait till he has a complete press release ready
Cool I hope it is a good motor, I will try it.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
Why would a company starting to make engines want to invest all possible machinery just to get things done inhouse ? Does RB make everything on their own ? In Taiwan there is a bunch of capable companies where one can source parts as per spec. It's more down to being able to define the specs and needed materials in a correct level.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I guess this is a Dumb question. WHY OR WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHO MAKES THE ENGINE? If its good its good.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PUDDIN
I guess this is a Dumb question. WHY OR WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHO MAKES THE ENGINE? If its good its good.
Because of quality, tolerance, material and longevity. Italy has Taiwan and Malaysia beat in these categories. The Asian motors might be "good", but need to step it up a notch.

Go Tech learned from their mistakes and now is including an extra con'rod in their GX Series.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
Why would a company starting to make engines want to invest all possible machinery just to get things done inhouse ? Does RB make everything on their own ? In Taiwan there is a bunch of capable companies where one can source parts as per spec. It's more down to being able to define the specs and needed materials in a correct level.
Actually novarossi makes all RB engines. Just an FYI
Old 08-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Doesn't RB design them tho?
Old 08-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by san.
Because of quality, tolerance, material and longevity. Italy has Taiwan and Malaysia beat in these categories. The Asian motors might be "good", but need to step it up a notch.

Go Tech learned from their mistakes and now is including an extra con'rod in their GX Series.
Italy because they make ferrari and other things people think they are the best when it comes to quality and materials .Now that is not true at all no matter were you manufacturer as long as your willing to pay the quality and the tolerence is there .
Its the person behind the project that knows the quality dont forget that .We make our rims out of du pont nylon but we import it into china from the usa because china has copies of material like what they call there fake
pa66 which is rubbish.
But we make the highest quality of rim in the world period but its not china that does it its the people behind it all .

Were do you think Novarossi pipes and headers come from .were do you think novarossi bearings come from .taiwan but its the people behind it all at novarossi with there quality control that make it all happen with the quality .
I have a friend who owns a panel shop and works on ferraris and let me tell you once those panels come of those cars even the interior it never goes on like it should again you have to kick the door trims on.

So what im trying to say is quality is everywhere as long as the person knows what they are doing .

Not putting down anybody just putting my point across.

Ive seen the JS engine run here in Australia with Ian haley and it has run time ,its fast and it will only get better .

So who cares who makes it and what country its made from.Only care that it is a Good motor that will give others a run for there money and it's 100% quality .
Old 08-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
So what im trying to say is quality is everywhere as long as the person knows what they are doing .
I concur.

Material is going to be a driving factor for the success of these JS motors. Just hope Ed doesn't slim in that area to keep cost down.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Default motor

I just want to know who makes the motor in Taiwan because you can only hope it is made by GO. It costs thousands of dollars to make a new motor and alot of testing, just look at how long the new Odonnell motor took to come out, because it is made by a Taiwan 2 stroke engine company that had no model engine experience and it took 2 years to get the quality. I have seen how long Thunder Tiger has been working on the new Reedy motor and the thousands of dollars they have spent to develope it. Any one can make a fast motor that can win a race but the Italians and now GO and Thunder Tiger and SH in China are starting to figure out that we want Quality. Any one try the STS S21T the motor is sick fast and will win any race but you are lucky to get 3 gallons out of it lol. That is all I am trying to say. I will buy one because I love micro motors that is why I like this hobby I try them all.

Last edited by Marcus Falconie; 08-19-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

And you nicely missed my point
Old 08-19-2009, 05:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

And actually not all are Nova, a few are made by Star (Sirio).
Old 08-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Any more info on the new EBMODS JS Engines -
I still see no dyno sheets posted on them - just curious and want more info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.