R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Offroad Nitro Engine Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum-157/)
-   -   Sirio engines thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/29456-sirio-engines-thread.html)

EVOLUTION 12-15-2003 05:34 AM

Sirio engines thread

Discuss Sirio engines here. :cool:

B 12-15-2003 08:13 PM

you like beating other ppl to starting engine threads dont ya?:cool: :lol: :lol:

EVOLUTION 12-16-2003 12:04 AM

Yes,that way we don't have a hundred different threads opened which are all discussing different issues with a certain engine.It's maybe best to try to keep most of the info on a particular brand engine in one thread so it can also be used as a refernece and all the info grouped. :cool:

berwicknitro 12-16-2003 10:39 AM

What's the best plug to use with a Sirio .18? Using 20% nitro

Thanks, Brad

thefuzzclub 12-18-2003 02:15 AM

.12 Sirio ABC (black head)

i heard a lot of good things about this engine, please can anyone tell me the bad things. i'm planning to buy this engine soon...:)

Manticore 12-18-2003 06:31 AM

Re: .12 Sirio ABC (black head)

Originally posted by thefuzzclub
i heard a lot of good things about this engine, please can anyone tell me the bad things. i'm planning to buy this engine soon...:)
sirio carbs are bad so far. I took out the stock carb and sticked the engine with a novarossi carb and forget about the possible leaking problem.

afm 12-18-2003 06:35 AM

Berwicknitro
if your engine has a std. plug (non-turbo) use Novarossi C7S or C8S, if your engine has turbo plug use Sirio S001720127. These engines love cold plugs.
AFM

Fuzzclub

If you are buying the Sirio .12 engine, get yourself the "new" Sirio Evo2, it is a rocket, I have one and it has an awesome high end.

Following is a report on the new SIRIO S12-TRP EVO 2, and it's comparison to the old. I only could get the text of my word document, because i don't know how to post an attachment with pictures, sorry.
AFM

"This new engine is in conformity with the 2004 regulations It is an evolution of the Sirio 12 TRP which was the first production Sirio . Having used the old 12TRP, I will benefit from it, to compare the 2 engines and to see thus what evolved. With the first glance, what one notices is the cylinder head which is larger, of blue color and the Sirio initials are engraved above with the name of the engine EVO 2. The carburetor is not any more with 2 adjustment needles as on the last TRP but with 3 adjustment needles.It is new and resembles much the one equipping the .21 Sirio Kanaï. Much more material around recovery screw (mid range needle), it is in this place that Sirio had problems with sealing in the past. Still a common point with the Kanaï, the casing evolves and integrates now an “O” ring to improve the sealing with the carburetor, moreover the mating plane is more significant. That should ensure a perfect sealing. The casing is equipped with new high speed bearings, which is too often neglected in this category of engine. The front bearing is a new more resistant model. As his big brother.21, the casing of the .12 is worked from origin with cuts at the bottom of the boost transfer and at the top of the exhaust transfer. The crankshaft has now more work in observance of the new regulations. The skirt is worked with beveled cuts on the side transfers .The exhaust transfer is modified at the top sides to match the cuts on the casing. The piston is machined and not molded.That ensures much better thermal and mechanical qualities.The rod is of the knife type with a central groove and 2 bronze rings equipped with holes for lubrication. The back plate is equipped with 2 "ears" in order to aid the side transfers. The S12 TRP EVO 2 is delivered from origin with a turbo insert. This insert is very thick and deeply fits in to the cylinder head in order to support heat exchange and to thus ensure an optimum cooling. The engine has 1.5 hp and 41,000 rpm, with a more progressive power band and a killer high end."

afm 12-18-2003 06:48 AM

Manticore

Not to contradict you, but I have the "new" SIRIO S12 TRP EVO2
and the carburator works perfectly, it seems the problems are a thing of the past, I even tried the engine with a Nova carb just for performance comparison and didn't get any difference. The engine works fine with both. Ceck my previous post on a report on the new engine.
AFM

Manticore 12-18-2003 06:54 AM

Originally posted by afm
Manticore

Not to contradict you, but I have the "new" SIRIO S12 TRP EVO2
and the carburator works perfectly, it seems the problems are a thing of the past, I even tried the engine with a Nova carb just for performance comparison and didn't get any difference. The engine works fine with both. Ceck my previous post on a report on the new engine.
AFM

remeber i said "so far". I do sure sirio is improving their stuff and no doubt about it !!

leo28 12-19-2003 06:31 AM

Where's the best place to get the new SIRIO S12 TRP EVO2? ..

afm 12-19-2003 07:27 AM

I got mine in Spain, at www.azormodelismo.com. Cost me 237.00 Euros.
Also i've seen it advertised at Kyosho-France, and in the USA Trinity is announcing it for 2004, but it isn't for sale yet.

Hope this info helps.
AFM

Darkseid 12-19-2003 07:36 AM

I'm awaiting the arrival of my Sirio .12 TRP (black head) and I was wondering what plug I should start with? I plan to run Trinity Platinum blend 30%.

If you can, offer up a plug and what temp it is, and if possible, comparible plugs in alternate brands.

Thanks

afm 12-19-2003 01:12 PM

Plugs,plugs.OK:

For non-turbo head (std. plug):
Novarossi C6S mediumplug, for cool days
Novarossi C7S cold plug, sunny and hot conditions
Novarossi C8S verycold plug, for extremely hot days or high RPM running.

For Turbo head engines:
Novarossi C6TGF hot plug, for cool days
Novarossi C7TGF medium plug, best all round plug for most conditions
Novarossi C8TGF cold plug, for extremely hot days or high RPM running.

Don't have experience with other brands, sorry.
AFM

leo28 12-19-2003 02:40 PM

Originally posted by leo28
Where's the best place to get the new SIRIO S12 TRP EVO2? ..
And does anyone have any specs?? ..

Darkseid 12-19-2003 03:07 PM

Originally posted by afm
Don't have experience with other brands, sorry.
AFM

Thats cool, thanks for your answers...:cool:

Anyone else got any info on other brands of plugs they've used in their Sirio .12 TRP?