Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Dynamite Mach 2 .21

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Rookie

I am sure i could lean out the hsn for better performance but it seems to me that this would only increase heat. Also, with the lsn set at 4 turns out, I am unable to lean it out as my idle goes to high. Would that be an air leak problem or possibly a bad setting on my idle screw?

BTW, I have the same pipe also. So far I am only on the 10th/11th-ish tank
Old 08-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jc338
I am sure i could lean out the hsn for better performance but it seems to me that this would only increase heat. Also, with the lsn set at 4 turns out, I am unable to lean it out as my idle goes to high. Would that be an air leak problem or possibly a bad setting on my idle screw?

BTW, I have the same pipe also. So far I am only on the 10th/11th-ish tank
set idle gap at .5 to .7 mm.

reset needles back to factory settings

change fuel line & check all gaskets.. check gas tank for leaks

seal back plate & carb with high temp rv

then start tuning from there..

if u still get high temps after you do all that, then your gonna have to take engine apart to inspect.

could be a leaky front bearing also..
Old 08-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tate13
set idle gap at .5 to .7 mm.
Thanks....Does idle gap need to be set with the carb. re-stricter removed?

Also, did you try any of the other re-stricers, or without one in, what results did you get?
Old 08-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jc338
Thanks....Does idle gap need to be set with the carb. re-stricter removed?

Also, did you try any of the other re-stricers, or without one in, what results did you get?
I set my idle gap with carb restricter installed, im guessing u could do it with it out to get it more precise..

It came with a 8.5 stock i took it out and used the 7.5 for more runtime . It also comes with a 8.0.

U need the restricter in, without it runtimes will be horrible.

I was barely gettin 6 mins with the 8.5 so i changed it to the 7.5
Old 09-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pascalfd
Ok, so the manual is definitely wrong claiming LSN 2 turn out. Needs to be at least 4 out - just like out of the box setting.
Just wanted to add this is my experience too. LSN at 2 is impossible. Did they perhaps change this in more recent versions?

Can anyone else speak to the LSN: how it came out of the box and what works for ya?
Old 11-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SamuraiJack
Just wanted to add this is my experience too. LSN at 2 is impossible. Did they perhaps change this in more recent versions?

Can anyone else speak to the LSN: how it came out of the box and what works for ya?
Just bumping this question.

Also, are temps typically hotter with turbo button/plugs?
Old 11-18-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Default High Idle / take offs

(I may be the only one who cares about this engine anymore, but I'll give it one more whirl, may be a general engine issue this folks can help with.)

I may be having same old issue of too rich LSN and too wide idle gap, however I have tried avoiding it, got the gap quite small. But I still get what I believe is referred to "runaway", or high idle that does not want to settle. Not on the bench, but after laps.

What happens for me is I tune the engine warmed up on the bench (140-220 degrees) but after running some high speed laps on the track my engine likes to take off on its own after I let off the throttle, and then when I bring it in it doesnt go back down to idle and I have to kill it. I assured the carb is closing properly (spring). I have a few more things to do verify air leaks/proper seals tho. Is it possible that as the engine gets real hot air leaks present themselves? I had to zip tie fuel lines because as they got hot they lost seal. I wonder if air is getting into the engine somewhere.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SamuraiJack

Heard from Horizon Support that factory setting is 2.5 turns out for LSN.... fwiw
Old 10-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Thanks for the info, your not the only one. I ran their other motors (.21s) years ago, just came across a new Mach 2 to try out in my old buggy, for friends and family to try.