Wiki Posts
Search

Werks Power Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Werks,
Yes, you did answer my question regarding Rulon clutch shoes. I decided to purchase a set. Only problem ... snow and ice around Chicago!! Won't be able to run my car until April!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
Werks,
Yes, you did answer my question regarding Rulon clutch shoes. I decided to purchase a set. Only problem ... snow and ice around Chicago!! Won't be able to run my car until April!
At least you got some of the best pizza inthe US to keep you happy over the winter!
Old 12-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
At least you got some of the best pizza inthe US to keep you happy over the winter!
Sorry. but NY style is much better.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have heard good things about the power clutch. My question is will it work on my rc8's I know they use a 32mm flywheel.

Thanks
Old 06-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Werks,
I have a new power clutch and I an having a difficult time keeping the adjusting nut in one place. Mine tightened up after a 10 lap qualifier.I even used thread locker (locktite blue, 242) last time and the nut position moved out until the clutch shoes would not let the engine idle freely. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Werks,
I have a new power clutch and I an having a difficult time keeping the adjusting nut in one place. Mine tightened up after a 10 lap qualifier.I even used thread locker (locktite blue, 242) last time and the nut position moved out until the clutch shoes would not let the engine idle freely. Any help would be appreciated.
Can you pull your spring tension adjusting nut off and let me know if it has a groove machined in it with an o-ring in it? The early adjusting nuts did not have this but we added it to the later production runs.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, the adjusting nut has the o-ring inside of it.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, the adjusting nut has the o-ring inside of it.
PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a couple of new o-rings. The one you have is probably worn out.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Can U buy the new style nuts seperately for the power clutch?

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by madhammer
Can U buy the new style nuts seperately for the power clutch?

Thanks.
Yes you can, A-main has them available on their site. Also Curve your replacement nut will go out tomorrow.

Ron
Old 09-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I've been running the Power Clutch in my Ofna GT car and really have liked how they work. Coming from On-Raod this clutch makes the most sense for tuning. But as noted by Curve Racer, I have a similar issue with the nut backing off to the point, where the clutch locked up. I've got a fair amount of hours on this so probably just need to replace the nut. I went to A-main and they have the nut for the 4 shoe clutch but not this one.

Any other place to get some replacment parts?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I've been running the Power Clutch in my Ofna GT car and really have liked how they work. Coming from On-Raod this clutch makes the most sense for tuning. But as noted by Curve Racer, I have a similar issue with the nut backing off to the point, where the clutch locked up. I've got a fair amount of hours on this so probably just need to replace the nut. I went to A-main and they have the nut for the 4 shoe clutch but not this one.

Any other place to get some replacment parts?
As your an ex on-road guy you probably can see the similarity to a really simplified centax clutch system! Regarding replacing the adjustment nut, assuming that you have one of the later nuts what has probably happened is that the o-ring inside of it (to stop it from vibrating/moving) is probably just worn from repeated adjustment. I'd just replace the o-ring first and see if that takes care of the issue. Just take it out with a pin or something and you should be able to pick up a pack at your local hardware store for fifty cents or so!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Yes I like how the clutch works, just need to get the timing down on when to clean, adjust and replace the o-ring.

Can you tell us the size of the o-ring, so I know what to purchase.

I would like to have a spare or two (have this clutch on 4 engines) just need to know where to purchase.

Also, any option for a nut that has 50% more height at the hex. I know that it would have to be set flush with the flywheel nut (or shimed) so the clutch bell does not hit, but would like the extra surface for adjustment.

Your recomendation when I started running this clutch this year has been pretty much dead on. So thanks!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Yes I like how the clutch works, just need to get the timing down on when to clean, adjust and replace the o-ring.

Can you tell us the size of the o-ring, so I know what to purchase.

I would like to have a spare or two (have this clutch on 4 engines) just need to know where to purchase.

Also, any option for a nut that has 50% more height at the hex. I know that it would have to be set flush with the flywheel nut (or shimed) so the clutch bell does not hit, but would like the extra surface for adjustment.

Your recomendation when I started running this clutch this year has been pretty much dead on. So thanks!
The new nut is pretty solid and we are not planning on changing that. Just use a good quality socket when adjusting and you should not have any issues at all. Regarding the O-rings, just PM me your address and I'll stick 4 or 5 of them in an envelope and mail them off to you.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Werks
The new nut is pretty solid and we are not planning on changing that. Just use a good quality socket when adjusting and you should not have any issues at all. Regarding the O-rings, just PM me your address and I'll stick 4 or 5 of them in an envelope and mail them off to you.
LOL ........ Thats what I get for purchasing an Hudy tool!!!! Maybe I need to just grind the end to make it flat .......

PM on the way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.