Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Werks Power Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I have never seen the new clutch but I too have been talking to some people who have seen it being tested. Werks product line is sold in Holland by the same MFG that makes the Ascendancy/JVD Clutch so we expected them to team up.

After the last post from Ron on another thread I do beleve that he was just using ours for testing and a jump off point. I cant wait to see what they offer to the market. Werks has a great rep of good products and they are teaming up with a great MFG...

I can not wait to see what the new clutch looks like and I am sure we will all know soon enough. Ascendancy will continue to supply the great product they have become known for in this last year and will continue to stive for the best service possable!!!! Compitition is always good for the end user!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by helena646
I was just talking to my buddy who is Tennessee. We were talking about clutch setups and when I brought up the new clutch from werks he said he saw it in action and it looked good...... then there was a big BUT!!!!

He said "It is identical to the Ascendancy Clutch but just had the name Werks on it" He went on to tell me he spoke to the guy running it and it was the Prototype for Werks.

Has anyone else seen it. I saw a post before where Ron confirmed that Kortz was testing the Ascendancy Clutch.... So were these test to see if all the hype about the Ascendancy Clutch was true and if so to copy it?????
Lol, you can relax I've never copied anyone's products before in my life, I leave that for the guys in Taiwan to do lol! I normally do not like to talk about products prior to release or about who our manufacturing partners are but as Jason chose to come on here and put everything out there I might as well clarify things a little bit more.

We work with several companies across the world and specifically when it comes to Holland our importer/distributor also manufacturers a line of clutches that he sells under the JVD brand. Ascendancy buys those, puts there header cards on them and sells them under their own brand name here in the US. So to start with we can not copy anything from Ascendancy because they don't actually make anything lol. Secondly we have been working with our importer to develop a line of clutches for us, might their be some visual similarities to other clutches on the market, sure. After all a four shoe clutch has 4 clutch shoes, and you might have a top plate on it to hold everything together right? After all how different can you make a clutch look? I can tell you though that none of our components are interchangeable with any clutch system that is currently on the market.

The thing that differentiates our soon to be released system to those of others on the market is the shoe design, material choices and several other things that we have been testing and developing over the last 5 or so months that I do not really want to get into until our product ships. Rest assured though that we have tested our clutch system extensively and we feel that we will offer one of the most adaptable and best performing systems on the market when we come out with it. I hope that this helps clarify things a bit.

Regards,

Ron
Old 06-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
Lol, you can relax I've never copied anyone's products before in my life, I leave that for the guys in Taiwan to do lol! I normally do not like to talk about products prior to release or about who our manufacturing partners are but as Jason chose to come on here and put everything out there I might as well clarify things a little bit more.

We work with several companies across the world and specifically when it comes to Holland our importer/distributor also manufacturers a line of clutches that he sells under the JVD brand. Ascendancy buys those, puts there header cards on them and sells them under their own brand name here in the US. So to start with we can not copy anything from Ascendancy because they don't actually make anything lol. Secondly we have been working with our importer to develop a line of clutches for us, might their be some visual similarities to other clutches on the market, sure. After all a four shoe clutch has 4 clutch shoes, and you might have a top plate on it to hold everything together right? After all how different can you make a clutch look? I can tell you though that none of our components are interchangeable with any clutch system that is currently on the market.

The thing that differentiates our soon to be released system to those of others on the market is the shoe design, material choices and several other things that we have been testing and developing over the last 5 or so months that I do not really want to get into until our product ships. Rest assured though that we have tested our clutch system extensively and we feel that we will offer one of the most adaptable and best performing systems on the market when we come out with it. I hope that this helps clarify things a bit.

Regards,

Ron
Ron will you be selling clutch bells as well? or do you have to use what we already have?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sluggo_sx8
Ron will you be selling clutch bells as well? or do you have to use what we already have?
Right now I'm not planning to release any clutch bells but that might change in the future. I only make products when I can figure out a way of making things better than what is already being offered by others. Frankly when it comes to something as basic as a clutch bell with all of the brands that are available I'm not sure how I would do that lol! In any case I'd prefer to shelf the discussion about new products for the time being and leave this thread about our Power Clutch!
Old 06-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Can you tell me what the 2 harder springs are for. When I try to use them, they don't let the clutch engage at all.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Right now I'm not planning to release any clutch bells but that might change in the future. I only make products when I can figure out a way of making things better than what is already being offered by others. Frankly when it comes to something as basic as a clutch bell with all of the brands that are available I'm not sure how I would do that lol! In any case I'd prefer to shelf the discussion about new products for the time being and leave this thread about our Power Clutch!
thats cool run! I was just wondering if the new clutch willl work with my losi bells?
Old 06-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sluggo_sx8
thats cool run! I was just wondering if the new clutch willl work with my losi bells?
Yes it will!
Old 06-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dayglo33
Can you tell me what the 2 harder springs are for. When I try to use them, they don't let the clutch engage at all.
We sell these clutches in Europe also and there they use the harder springs for Rally Game cars, here they are known as GT cars life OFNA sells. Also each spring offers a range of adjustment until you basically get coil bind. As There are variations in inner diameters of the various clutch bells we had to make sure that we had a range of spring allowing the full range of adjustment. Plus a lot of the drag race guys run these clutches and they will use the realy hard springs with the soft Roulon shoes so that the clutch only engages at realy high rpm giving them a hard launch. It's a pretty flexible clutch set up used in a lot of different applications!
Old 06-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default My 2 cents

I came from on road cars 1/10 and 1/8 with centax clutch when I got out of on road due lack of places to run without a lot of travel and got my losi 8ight I put the werks clutch on with out even trying the losi clutch using the info from this web site http://www.twf8.ws/new/tech/options/...werclutch.html. 2 ½ gallon with go engine GX-7R with Mod by RB-MODS. Set it and forget it other than blow it out with air gun and clean the Bell. Werks is as good as a centax any day…
Old 06-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I got quite a few of these and they always have worked great for me. FYI the dust cover versions works on most .28 engines as well.

Ron - What is the wear on the shoes before it needs replacing? I got the answer couples ago from you (I think) but lost the email after I switched ISP
Old 06-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Redvet79
I came from on road cars 1/10 and 1/8 with centax clutch when I got out of on road due lack of places to run without a lot of travel and got my losi 8ight I put the werks clutch on with out even trying the losi clutch using the info from this web site http://www.twf8.ws/new/tech/options/...werclutch.html. 2 ½ gallon with go engine GX-7R with Mod by RB-MODS. Set it and forget it other than blow it out with air gun and clean the Bell. Werks is as good as a centax any day…

Yep that's exactly how we got the idea! At that time I was pretty hard core involved in 1/8th on-road my self and thought that it would be awesome to have similar adjustability as we had with our cenax clutches but without all of the shimming, fly weights and of course thrust bearing which would not last 30 seconds in the dirt lol! The end result.... the Power Clutch! A realy simplified centaxish clutch for the dirt! Unfortuantely the off road guys still have a little bit of an issue understanding how it works lol but for anyone with on road experience after dealing with centax's the simplicity is like a god send!

Regarding when are the shoes worn out? Simply when you set the spring to the softest point and the engagement is later than you want!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Regards,

Ron
Like I said Werks makes great products and we can not wait to see it!!! Competition can only be good for the consumer!!! It makes better products and WAY LOWER PRICES!!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by janderson78
Like I said Werks makes great products and we can not wait to see it!!! Competition can only be good for the consumer!!! It makes better products and WAY LOWER PRICES!!!!
I know, it's a good thing that I only have one if not two of the best selling engines in the US to help subsidize my participation in the ultra competative aftermarket clutch business lol! Nite nite...

Last edited by Werks; 06-12-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

So do you put lock tight on the locking nut? The one that holds the spring in?
Old 06-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dayglo33
So do you put lock tight on the locking nut? The one that holds the spring in?
Thanks for bringing the thread back on track. Regarding the 10mm spring tension adjusting nut, it actualy has a thin groove machined on the inside that has an o-ring inside of it. Think of it like the o-ring on one of your needles on the carb, it makes it realy stiff to turn just like that. In essence this acts just like thread lock. If you want you can obviously also put a little dab of blue loctite on it also!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.