Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Bearings in clutch bell question when to replace? >

Bearings in clutch bell question when to replace?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bearings in clutch bell question when to replace?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 09:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Bearings in clutch bell question when to replace?

Have removed clutch bell as there a bit of side to side play were pinion is.
Should I replace as there more play than I would like there? And do u replace the bell housing as well. Am running a agama 215 best using there own brand bearings or are the better alternatives? Am new to nitro so just doing some prep work so don't have as many issues on track when we get out there

Old 05-01-2020, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yelreppa
Have removed clutch bell as there a bit of side to side play were pinion is.
Should I replace as there more play than I would like there? And do u replace the bell housing as well. Am running a agama 215 best using there own brand bearings or are the better alternatives? Am new to nitro so just doing some prep work so don't have as many issues on track when we get out there
if your teeth are nasty replace bell, if side to side play is happening then replace bearings cause it's probably blown, just like inner or outer wheel bearings when your wheels start to rock it's from bearing slop in one or both of the bearings and getting ready to go. You should probably take everything apart and deburr your shoes too or replace them. Make sure you put the shims back in like they came out.

tko has a great cheap one way bearing that last good, don't buy individual clutch bearings or else u will pay 8 bucks for 2-4 dollars in bearings.

look online the size bearings and u will find a million. The more expensive the better