Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
OS Speed versus Axe Cobra X1 evo >

OS Speed versus Axe Cobra X1 evo

OS Speed versus Axe Cobra X1 evo

Old 11-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a§h
Cobra X1 sucks, get an RB
ass, or what ever your name is, it shows a lot of immaturity coming over to a post that has nothing to do with RB, and bash another motor you probably have never even seen...

If you like RB thats great, but keep your RUDE comments to yourself. Your not impressing anyone, just making yourself look like and ass...

Last edited by Steve Walters; 11-23-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by a§h
Cobra X1 sucks, get an RB
This is a broad generalisation 'sucks'. Ah, what do are you refering to:

Ceramic Rear Ball Bearing
Turbo Glow plug head button
Bigger buster exhaust ports than the normal Cobra
Plastic insert in the crankshaft for the fuel/air mixture flow path optimization
Crankshaft with tungsten inserts on the flywheel for balanced performance
Carburetor with heat insulation prevents fuel vaporization
Crankcase with a new patented intake ports system
3 year warranty

Which feature don't you like? I don't see an off-road rb engine come with half of list. If you take a closer look at your rb engines you will notice that it is last generation Novarossi engines. They are a good engine but they haven't been changed much in the last few years.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

a little off topic, im buying a AXE rossi Cobra,need to know what experience anyone have had with it in terms of performance and feel.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Lets just say you wont be dissapointed !!!
Great performing engine with excellent durability.
A lot of the US guys are starting to use them and are giving very positive feedback.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtRacer
a little off topic, im buying a AXE rossi Cobra,need to know what experience anyone have had with it in terms of performance and feel.
I have one now that I'm still running in. I have the Cobra and Mamba, and they are great. The Cobra does have more top end performance and I feel more coming. I have it with a JP-3 pipeset and will try the TTR 2035 & 2039 to see how they react with each engine. I may also try my Nova 9853 & 9901with them also. It feels like its still pulling at the end of my straightway the more I run it in. They both have 10-11 tanks through them and still have metal pinch, so they are not fully up to speed yet. The Cobra will take some fine tuning with the 3 screw carb, but nothing serious. Just use the low side rear (mid screw) as your acceleration tuning screw for mixture. The LSN will be for idle mixture. Use the top screw for all out speed. My next venture is installing the Turbo button on both engines.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DirtRacer
I have a Cobra with 1.5 gallons threw it now, and it still has a little metal pinch left. (Not much) I took my time with the break in process (1 gallon) and for its first race I ran it on the Fat side (bottom) for the day. The temps came of a little high (240-250) for running fat, but it was from some metal to metal friction it still had after the break in. The last race I ran it in, I race tuned it after the morning practice (3-4 tanks) and it came A LIVE! Screaming fast, amazing bottom blowing a good blue trail threw the whole power ban. Temped out on fumes in the low 230's running @ 9.5 minutes. (7mm carb) I don't tune via temp gun, but was curious to see what it was at. Actually I could of leaned it out one more hour on the top to get more speed, but it had more then enough for the track and the conditions.

The break in process was very similar to my V-Spec's. (It had a little more metal pinch) I richened up the top 12 hours (For factory setting), I used a lot of after run oil for lubrication & heated it up to 220 before its first tank. I still continue to heat up the case to 200+ before each cold start. I found with "my" Cobra, its race tune (From factory stock setting) was negative 4-5 hour on the top, and positive 3-4 hours on the bottom. So make sure you richen up the top (From Factory) before you break it in to make sure it has enough oil/smoke. Thats the only thing I found disapointing from AXE was the stock setting. "Mine" was to lean even for race tune. There is another Cobra at my local track, has his race tune was within and hour of mine top and bottom too...

Last edited by Steve Walters; 11-23-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah, both of my engines plumed under accel. I didn't have any issues with stock factory settings. It was so rich it was 4 stroking all around. I ran 5 tanks off the ground with 10% nitro, 18% oil, and one tank on the track. Its now running Maxy's Fuel 20%, and I add some castor now while slowly bringing it in for race tune. They've seen 4-5 tanks now with Maxy's, and I'm leaving it now a little fat till they get some more fuel through them. I haven't seen any thing past 234F deg so far. just tuning it for all alround good acceleration while running rich. So far, they are very textbook easy to tune.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys i am just curious what does the 3 year warranty cover. Thanks.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rocket42
Hey guys i am just curious what does the 3 year warranty cover. Thanks.
I'm curious about that too??
Old 11-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Steve Walters
ass, or what ever your name is, it shows a lot of immaturity coming over to a post that has nothing to do with RB, and bash another motor you probably have never even seen...

If you like RB thats great, but keep your RUDE comments to yourself. Your not impressing anyone, just making yourself look like and ass...
Yes Steve you are absolutely right, I must not know anything about AXE Rossi engines:

Old 11-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Hey sorry to steel the thread but I am am curious ash, what car is youf favorite out of that batch of cars I currently own a hyper 8.5 I would like to know what you think of it compared to the others.

It also looks like your running different rear arms on the 8.5, what advantage did that give you

And just to stay a little on topic, does anyone know where I can find out about the 3 year warranty like the website, thanks.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

YGPM
Old 11-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well by looking at his cars, he likes RB and has a transponder in his 8.5 I figure he must like the 8.5 better or it seems that way.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

I've not had much runtime with the Losi if I am honest, my Hyper is a car which I have raced on many occasions before and certainly have more experience with. That said up until just recently the Cobra X1 Evo was in the Hyper, I have a 3-Shoe Hong Nor clutch on the Cobra which is suitable for either Hyper8.5 or the 8ight, so the engines are easily changed.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Rookie

I had ran Axe Rossi engines the last season and I'm now breaking in one Cobra X1 and one Mamba X1 for the next season.

The Evolutions X1's have some issues fixed and are ballistic.

I have 1.5Gal trough my Cobra X1 and i never ever saw an OS Speed rev as high as my Cobra X1. In fact i never saw and engine perform that kind of top end! Bottom end is also better than the Speed and C6BB7T engines. This new Axe engines will shake the 1/8TT world.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.