Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Go-Tech Engines Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

just finished building my spare 808..2009spec so I thought I'd throw the MM5 7 port in it with the 2047 pipe..forgotten what a screaming never ending top end it had with that pipe..no idea what the runtime will be but who cares
Old 08-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gizmatron
just finished building my spare 808..2009spec so I thought I'd throw the MM5 7 port in it with the 2047 pipe..forgotten what a screaming never ending top end it had with that pipe..no idea what the runtime will be but who cares
That will be sick in the 808 mate
Old 08-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yeh I know I bought best part of 2 cars for under $200 but after sorting through the crap you get in a sale like that I made up one entire 2009 spec car with all new plastic..and I mean all..chassis is pretty good, got 4 spare diffs but all need new bodies as they have at least one crown gear screw with the thread stripped.Not expensive to fix those though.loadsa spare cvd's steering stuff.motor mounts.and so on...I'm waiting on RCmonster to finish testing his new complete electric chassis kit conversion for the 808 (almost the same as the one for the xt8 already on his site)Then I think I'll sell the mp777 that's still kicking around and make the 2nd 808 brushless.was gonna do the kyosho but makes more sense to have both nitro and electric the same so I only need ones box of spares.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gizmatron
Yeh I know I bought best part of 2 cars for under $200 but after sorting through the crap you get in a sale like that I made up one entire 2009 spec car with all new plastic..and I mean all..chassis is pretty good, got 4 spare diffs but all need new bodies as they have at least one crown gear screw with the thread stripped.Not expensive to fix those though.loadsa spare cvd's steering stuff.motor mounts.and so on...I'm waiting on RCmonster to finish testing his new complete electric chassis kit conversion for the 808 (almost the same as the one for the xt8 already on his site)Then I think I'll sell the mp777 that's still kicking around and make the 2nd 808 brushless.was gonna do the kyosho but makes more sense to have both nitro and electric the same so I only need ones box of spares.
Good deal for under $200. All that stuff should keep you going for a season or two.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Wher to Buy?

I don't have time to read through several hundred pages.
Where can you get a go engine in the USA?
Old 08-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by TTREB4
I don't have time to read through several hundred pages.
Where can you get a go engine in the USA?
you got pm!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Could you post a link Dead I would like to shop around thru them too. Also, which one are people running in Truggy? The 3 port I would assume....
Thanks in advance,
Rich
Old 08-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Do-Over
Could you post a link Dead I would like to shop around thru them too. Also, which one are people running in Truggy? The 3 port I would assume....
Thanks in advance,
Rich
you can go to www.go-engine-usa.com .....but you cannot purchase off of the website!....www.go-racing.co.nz they can hook you up... you can also look at www.go-engine.com and they have pics and info on EVERYTHING made by GO Racing!......if you want to purchase ANYTHING just let me know and i will get you guys HOOKED up!

Last edited by deadmancourt; 09-01-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Most truggy guys are running the 5-port in the states. I know the MG66 is a powerhouse but not sure if it's common in a truggy.

I would also like to know where the US resellers are. I bought mine at AMain and can't find anything GoTech there anymore. I know there are some supply line changes so I'm not panicking just yet. I love these engines and I'd really hate to bail because I can't get parts. Any direction or information would be great.

Edit: Here's the dealer list fellas http://www.go-engine-usa.com/index.php/dealer-list.html
Old 08-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by makaluch
Most truggy guys are running the 5-port in the states. I know the MG66 is a powerhouse but not sure if it's common in a truggy.

I would also like to know where the US resellers are. I bought mine at AMain and can't find anything GoTech there anymore. I know there are some supply line changes so I'm not panicking just yet. I love these engines and I'd really hate to bail because I can't get parts. Any direction or information would be great.
just let me know!.... i can get you guys anything you want GO related!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

I would like pricing info as well as combo availability. I'm not ready to order today but within the month I'll be getting an engine just trying to do my homework.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

I would like pricing info as well as combo availability. I'm not ready to order today but within the month I'll be getting an engine just trying to do my homework.
you have pm!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I am running the GX-5R with the Go 2072 pipe in my RC8T. i bought the combo from our local engine guy for around $250. It has plenty of torque and top end for a truggy. at my last race i had a number of guys come over and ask what i was running saying they could deffinetly tell when my truck was coming on the track couse of the sweet sound the motor made. Thats what i would GO with if i were you, you wont be disapointed.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you for the reassurance rider! I'm a budget racer. (oxymoron) With these prices and the performance I'm hearing about, this seems a top contender for my hard earned cash. As long as I can get 5 gallons out of one of these I'm sold on it.

I do have 1 concern. I have almost 3 gallons on the AE .28 pro that came in my truck(RTR). I have tuned and worked on Werks, Nova's, and some older O.S.'s. I keep hearing about the long LSN in these motors and how they're harder to tune. As I'm not super experienced with any motor, do you think this will affect me? If so, do you have any tips on this or can you direct me to a post on it? I'm not sure how to use the search within a thread, sorry!

Thanks for the support, time, and knowledge,
Rich
Old 08-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you for the reassurance rider! I'm a budget racer. (oxymoron) With these prices and the performance I'm hearing about, this seems a top contender for my hard earned cash. As long as I can get 5 gallons out of one of these I'm sold on it.

I do have 1 concern. I have almost 3 gallons on the AE .28 pro that came in my truck(RTR). I have tuned and worked on Werks, Nova's, and some older O.S.'s. I keep hearing about the long LSN in these motors and how they're harder to tune. As I'm not super experienced with any motor, do you think this will affect me? If so, do you have any tips on this or can you direct me to a post on it? I'm not sure how to use the search within a thread, sorry!

Thanks for the support, time, and knowledge,
Rich
if you order through me you will NOT get the long needle carbs!....all the USA stuff has the SHORT needle....so you have nothing to worry about!....if you can tune good enough to get 3 gallons on a RTR motor then you should have NO porblem getting MORE than 5 gallons on our GO motors!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.