Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Unless Culp turns the lights off!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I miss you to man.
It's just a idea to help control the cost of travel and help more local racers to show up. And of coarse the fast guys will travel to most of the races. If you look at the results from last year there was only a small handful of people that went to all the races.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hal Hudson
I'm not worried about the RC Pro Series. They just want to come up here and take your cash.
That's nice Hal. I guess John Vic did ruin for everyone with his RC Pro hosting.

I think 3 out of 5 for the NWCT.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Default My vote.

Keep it all under one event please. Good way for everyone to gather and meet new people. Segregation is not a good idea in my opinion. I look forward to seeing everyone every year.

besides Hal you know we love ya and like to Raz you at the Hank plus you run a tight show!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Roy, John didn't have a thing to do with it. It was Frosty that did.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

It wouldn't be a bad idea to split the season in two if there were more months in a year. I would like to see an event, west of the mountains in WA. Peel It's a nice track and west of the mountains. Maybe add it to the existing tour. Sure theres Canby. Just a thought.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hal, ya know we love you man, but lets not try to reinvent the wheel.

This is some of the things that need to be addressed.

1- A seires director that people can contact.

2- Sponsors for the seires.

3- A web site that works.

4- Track conditions that are more frindly to electric cars. ( Keiths 2wd had to be replaced after NCT-5)

5- NCT rules to be on site at every race.

Torry Hadley
Old 11-16-2005, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

I know this won't be popular, but split the electrics from the nitro and run electric during winter and nitro during summer. Mixing the two just adds too many classes and that is what keeps things going till midnight on qual days.

Now putting fire suit on, flame away.

Glenn
Old 11-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teambighead
Unless Culp turns the lights off!

Man you were Pissed.....
Old 11-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by golfinglenn
I know this won't be popular, but split the electrics from the nitro and run electric during winter and nitro during summer. Mixing the two just adds too many classes and that is what keeps things going till midnight on qual days.

Now putting fire suit on, flame away.

Glenn
I thought it was the Northwest Championship Tour not the Northwest Gas Tour.

The way that most of the tracks ran their program was just right electric quals first then gas later. As for the mains......that was a different story.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Adept

Yo,

I don't know about the east and west thing, the way the current setup (last years setup) wasn't all that bad...it probably only punished the guys on the western side of washington (not sure how many Western Washington guys actually came over). But I would definitely miss not getting to race with world class people such as the Hadley's (or anyone from across the mountains in that matter). I think your current East posting is good, it happens at a good time during the year...and allows student racers such as my self to be able to afford it both monetarily and in time (Engineering Homework and Friday Practice/Early Monday Return don't mix so well). Granted Racer's only have to attend 1 series to qualify for the Mapston....but it is so good to see people from all over the NW to come race. So I will definitely agree with Corey. 3 out of 5 sounds alright... Electrics shouldn't be split from the Gas though, all racers...electric and gas alike unite to race the NCT.

Personally I think it is un-favorable for the Series not to schedule around Pro-Series (or at least coordinate with Pro Series Staff) so that the racers that do want to attend the Pro Series Races in the PNW can...without missing any of the NCT races. If you think they are just here to take your money...then don't enter. Personally I like it when all of the Californians sp? roll on up and show us how they do it. Its a different expierience and therefore enjoyable...regardless of who wins/places in the A.

2 races a month is manageable/enjoyable during the summer..from an LHS Manager/Racer Standpoint its barely enough time to tear all of your rigs down, and order it up so that you can have by the time you leave the following week (hopefully its in stock).

Also from a first timers standpoint I think Les did an okay job, no races were cancelled, put on horrible weekends and he made an appearance at each one of them I attended (all except Canby) and if you asked him what was up about points being late...or anything else, he would explain it. So I am not too upset about that..but then again I have known no-one else.

All in all I had a great time this serie and enjoyed helping/getting help on the whole racing scene. I plan on attending it next year again (as well as bring noobs into the scene) and if help is needed in organization I would more than happy to help during the series.

Thanx,

James Russell
S and P Hobbies
Moscow, ID
Old 11-17-2005, 02:09 AM

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ok, so i think its pritty overwhelming that no one likes the east-west idea, and i for one hate the idea of splitting up electric and gas.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:54 AM
RMG
Tech Adept

Hudson you need to get over what ever your issue is/was with RCP. Sinclair is not part of the RCP any longer, and Eppes outstanding organization of his RCP series should be a model to anyone trying to run an organized large series!

Why not split electrics from nitro? Be honest, the majority of electric enthusiast do not care for Nitro, and vise-versa with the nitro crowd.

Make the NCT an all electric series and let the nitro crowd follow the RCP series???
Old 11-17-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In my opinion, running gas and electric east and west is what makes the NCT so special. I like to bring all my toys out and do as much racing as possible at any 2 day race. Without that aspect, I probably wouldn't travel very far for these races.
1- A seires director that people can contact.

2- Sponsors for the seires.

3- A web site that works.

4- Track conditions that are more frindly to electric cars. ( Keiths 2wd had to be replaced after NCT-5)

5- NCT rules to be on site at every race.

Torry Hadley
Sounds like you want to be Series Director... I'd support you if you want to do it. (do points again, only from the start instead of after 2 rounds)
Old 11-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

RMG, I don't have issues with the RC Pro series. They can race in the Northwest anytime they want. I just don't think we should give them our Series, thats all. And believe me they want it. We have the biggest regional series in the country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.