R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2015, 11:32 AM   #1
Tech Elite
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,593
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 8th Annual Timezone Grand Prix July 14-17, 2016 with Scotty Ernst!

Here it is fellow racers! The 8th rendition, of the Woodstock of RC Racing, this years Timezone Grand Prix! Held at the majestic grounds of Timezone Raceway Park, in Battle Ground, WA, July 14th-17th, 2016.

Making his return trip to this years TZGP, the World Wide renowned announcer of RC racing, Scotty Ernst! He had such a great time last year he decided to grace us again with his presence. We all feel honored to have you back!

Continuing with our tradition of improvements to the facilities, On-Time Services will be providing a second tent with tables, chairs and electricity. This will bring up our capacity to almost 100 racers. This will be enough to cover all racers, travelers and locals!

I would like to welcome the addition of Paul Lemieux and Gravity RC for sponsoring the tires of this years Scale Spec/VTA class. We will be using the USGT pre-glued tires as our Spec tire.

Sweep racing will again be the Spec Tire Sponsor of the GT8 (Sweep 50's) and the electric sedan classes (Sweep 36)

This race has always been about fun and good times. Last year an impromptu poker game broke out after dinner Saturday. We figured we have all the means to have a larger tourney with all the poker tables and chips that we decided to have the Official 1st Ever TZGP No-Limits Hold-em Tourney! Thanks to Troy Mckune of Mckune Designs with the help facilitating this event! And no Luke Pittman, last years win doesn't count

Signups will open April 1st at Tzgrandprix.com. As always, please be signed up by July 1st to receive your complimentary, limited edition, Woodstock inspired, tie-dye race T-shirt.
Please be advised, that due to the rising popularity of this race in the last few years, we may have to limit entries caused by time constraints.
Attached Thumbnails
8th Annual Timezone Grand Prix July 14-17, 2016 with Scotty Ernst!-tzgp2016rctech.jpg  
__________________
-Ryan Newbury-

TomAHawk Racing - On-Time Services - XRay Racing - Sweep Racing - RoseCityScaleRacing.com - Timezone Racing,
9th Annual Timezone Grand Prix July 13th-16th 2017!
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #2
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 41
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hawk View Post
Here it is fellow racers! The 8th rendition, of the Woodstock of RC Racing, this years Timezone Grand Prix! Held at the majestic grounds of Timezone Raceway Park, in Battle Ground, WA, July 14th-17th, 2016.

Making his return trip to this years TZGP, the World Wide renowned announcer of RC racing, Scotty Ernst! He had such a great time last year he decided to grace us again with his presence. We all feel honored to have you back!

Continuing with our tradition of improvements to the facilities, On-Time Services will be providing a second tent with tables, chairs and electricity. This will bring up our capacity to almost 100 racers. This will be enough to cover all racers, travelers and locals!

I would like to welcome the addition of Paul Lemieux and Gravity RC for sponsoring the tires of this years Scale Spec/VTA class. We will be using the USGT pre-glued tires as our Spec tire.

Sweep racing will again be the Spec Tire Sponsor of the GT8 (Sweep 50's) and the electric sedan classes (Sweep 36)

This race has always been about fun and good times. Last year an impromptu poker game broke out after dinner Saturday. We figured we have all the means to have a larger tourney with all the poker tables and chips that we decided to have the Official 1st Ever TZGP No-Limits Hold-em Tourney! Thanks to Troy Mckune of Mckune Designs with the help facilitating this event! And no Luke Pittman, last years win doesn't count

Signups will open April 1st at Tzgrandprix.com. As always, please be signed up by July 1st to receive your complimentary, limited edition, Woodstock inspired, tie-dye race T-shirt.
Please be advised, that due to the rising popularity of this race in the last few years, we may have to limit entries caused by time constraints.
Yeah!
__________________
VBC Racing USA / EMRfactory
Timezone I & II
RoseCityScaleRacing
s-v-e-n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 828
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

on my to do list
looking at renting a rv this year
__________________
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Motiv------Apexrc-----
SWEEP Racing USA
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:33 AM   #4
Tech Master
 
el salvador's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Western Seattle Bucko!
Posts: 1,062
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Exclamation April 1st?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hawk View Post
Signups will open April 1st.
Had to do a little digg'n but, me thinks there's a joke in here somewhere

BTW, TZGP powers that be, will it be 7minute quals for the Nitro classes or, arez we gonna consider doin 4 minutes like "the Californians"........
__________________
ARC R8 X2/ Max RP9 or O.S. R2101 ,Capricorn LAB C02-TOP Elite R, ARC R11....

"Every Cemetery in Chicago Votes Democrat!"
el salvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:15 AM   #5
Tech Elite
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,593
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by el salvador View Post
Had to do a little digg'n but, me thinks there's a joke in here somewhere

BTW, TZGP powers that be, will it be 7minute quals for the Nitro classes or, arez we gonna consider doin 4 minutes like "the Californians"........
Dear Mr. Vanclukenstein, this was left off of this years flyer just in case we need to change things up due to turn out. But more than likely it will be 7min quals if time allows.
__________________
-Ryan Newbury-

TomAHawk Racing - On-Time Services - XRay Racing - Sweep Racing - RoseCityScaleRacing.com - Timezone Racing,
9th Annual Timezone Grand Prix July 13th-16th 2017!
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:04 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,593
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Volunteers

Looking for some volunteer tech guys, or gals, for RC Woodstock. Half Days? Full days? Kyle?
__________________
-Ryan Newbury-

TomAHawk Racing - On-Time Services - XRay Racing - Sweep Racing - RoseCityScaleRacing.com - Timezone Racing,
9th Annual Timezone Grand Prix July 13th-16th 2017!
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #7
Tech Champion
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,350
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Done. PM me for Paypal address for tips..
__________________
Kyle Predmore
Facebook - "AE Fanboy"
B6D|B64D|B44.3. FOR SALE!
TC7|TC6TEK|12R5.2|10R5.1
Logi Maker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:25 PM   #8
Tech Elite
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,593
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hotel Info

Battle Ground is having their Summer Festival the same time as the TZGP. The Best Western there is gouging people $178 a night for a 2 bed room. This is by far the closest lodging to the track though.

Here are some other options in nearby Salmon Creek WA, roughly 8-11 miles away but with plenty of food options.

Holiday Inn Express $135 a night
13101 NE 27th Ave. Vancouver, WA 98686
360-576-1040

La Quinta Inn $143
1500 NE 134th ST. Vancouver, WA 98685
360-566-1100

Quality Inn $156
13207 NE 20th Ave. Vancouver, WA 98686
360-574-6000

Shilo Inn $123
13206 NE Hwy 99 Vancouver, WA 98686
360-573-0511

Other nearby choices,

Best Western Vancouver Mall $130
9420 NE Vancouver Mall Dr, Vancouver, WA 98662
(360) 256-0707

Hilton Downtown Vancouver $173
301 W. 6th Street, Vancouver, WA 98660,
360-993-4500


Also Look on Trivago for better deals and more selections.
__________________
-Ryan Newbury-

TomAHawk Racing - On-Time Services - XRay Racing - Sweep Racing - RoseCityScaleRacing.com - Timezone Racing,
9th Annual Timezone Grand Prix July 13th-16th 2017!
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:08 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,593
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Does anybody know what's going down in exactly 4 months??? This year is already shaping up nicely! I would like to thank Robbie Collins of Mugen Seiki and Flash Point Fuel for our first batch of giveaway prizes!!! I would also like to thank all of this years sponsors so far!

On-time Services
RC America
Xray
Hudy
Scotty Ernst Productions
ProLevel RC
Max Power America
Edge Hobbies
Gravity RC
Sweep Racing
Serpent America
Desoto Racing
Mugen Seiki
Flash Point Fuels
Mckune Design
2wdmod.com
Fusion Grafix
541RC.com
ARC Racing
Byrons Fuel
Rose City Scale Racing
Timezone Racing
Blue Ribbon Auto Body
__________________
-Ryan Newbury-

TomAHawk Racing - On-Time Services - XRay Racing - Sweep Racing - RoseCityScaleRacing.com - Timezone Racing,
9th Annual Timezone Grand Prix July 13th-16th 2017!

Last edited by T-Hawk; 03-14-2016 at 01:16 PM.
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:17 PM   #10
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9
Default

Always a blast!
Arrin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:57 PM   #11
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 375
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-v-e-n View Post
Yeah!
Haaaa, RRR got knocked the fuck out, but I'd still bang her
WooHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:55 AM   #12
Tech Elite
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,593
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default More Hotel Info

Okay fellow racers, I got us a good deal on a block of 20 rooms. Please keep in mind that this is a Value hotel and not a Hilton. The rooms are 2 queen beds with refrigerators. This hotel is 13 miles south of the track. It is a straight shot up SR503 to get to Timezone. It is right next to Vancouver Mall with Outback, Red Lobster, Red Robin, Olive Garden and many more choices within a 1/2 mile.

Prices are for Double occupancy;
Wednesday/Thursday $73.60 a night plus tax
Friday/Saturday $86.40 a night plus tax

Howard Johnson Vancouver Mall
9201 NE Vancouver Mall Drive,
Vancouver, WA 98662

To reserve a room, you must use this number, ext and conf #
1-800-363-2297 ext 7584,
talk to Colin.
Confirmation #37428998 Timezone
__________________
-Ryan Newbury-

TomAHawk Racing - On-Time Services - XRay Racing - Sweep Racing - RoseCityScaleRacing.com - Timezone Racing,
9th Annual Timezone Grand Prix July 13th-16th 2017!
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:36 PM   #13
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 2,947
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I'm rocking an RV this season. Gonna tie a hammock to what ever tree is left. Might even pit for someone. But I'm hanging just for the parties and the bbq
__________________
Stay dialed my friends!
www.slapmastertools.com
Team Roche USA
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:49 AM   #14
Tech Elite
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,593
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
I'm rocking an RV this season. Gonna tie a hammock to what ever tree is left. Might even pit for someone. But I'm hanging just for the parties and the bbq
Can we put a sliding van door on the RV? So we can re-live some good memories
__________________
-Ryan Newbury-

TomAHawk Racing - On-Time Services - XRay Racing - Sweep Racing - RoseCityScaleRacing.com - Timezone Racing,
9th Annual Timezone Grand Prix July 13th-16th 2017!
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:02 PM   #15
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 2,947
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

No
__________________
Stay dialed my friends!
www.slapmastertools.com
Team Roche USA
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:50 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0