R/C Tech Forums

Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers

Like Tree1Likes

Old 06-15-2017, 10:21 PM   #511
Tech Rookie

Thank you! My wife and I are headed to the Oregon coast next week, with a stop in Portland, so I think I'll be there this Monday. I'm excited to check it out and try some racing!
TPDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:28 AM   #512
Tech Adept

Great, hope you can make it. Bring all your stuff and we can help with any questions. Not that we have all the answers, but there is strength in numbers.
SC Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:18 PM   #513
Tech Adept

Tomorrow night, June 19th Free racing, PDX Mini Z at PDX Sports Center from 5pm to 11pm. more info above. See you there. Ty
Old 06-20-2017, 11:33 AM   #514
Tech Rookie

Thanks for a super fun night. It was great to meet everyone and do some fun racing in a friendly low pressure atmosphere. I hope I can make it back once in awhile.

The friends I am staying with suggested that the Multnomah Arts Center in Multnomah Village has large rooms available for rent for affordable rates. I don't know what that means or your budget but you might want to inquire if you haven't before. Thanks again and I hope you guys have a great summer!

Paul
TPDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #515
Tech Adept

And it was great to have you last night..Come back anytime. I will have to look up the arts center and see what they offer. Thanks for the lead. Hope you have a nice trip to the beach. cheers.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:13 PM   #516
Tech Adept

Hey Everyone,
We are back racing tomorrow night, July 10th at Roundtable Pizza Barbur. We will be starting our Fall HFAY Points Series. This is the first of the 5 month series. Set up is at 5pm and racing as soon as possible after that usually around 6pm. Sooner the better. We are done and out the door at 10pm.

The normal HFAY website has been having problems, so we can follow the series here at this site below, as well as see the tracks for the series. We are running the tracks for HFAY Season 24. Starts with one of our all time favorites, track 16.

HFAY Season 24! - Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Then Monday, July 24th, PDX Mini Z is back at the large arena, PDX Sports Center, for more huge track action. Stay tuned for info.

And if you want to see some really big track action, check out our friends over at Rose City Scale Racing, hosting the 2017 Sven Boehringer Family Reunion Race next weekend for some 10th and 8th scale action both electric and nitro. They will have well over 100 racers coming from different parts of the country and possibly internationally and will be a huge event. Action starts Friday with Mains on Sunday, July 16th.

Here's video from a couple years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDimDZ-SPWg

I myself will be heading over to check out the racing for sure, but also to see this guy in person. Scotty Ernst, world renowned race director, will be calling the races. SO COOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q4D...QIY0n2zGvuBfnb

Looks like an action packed July. See you all tomorrow night for our first round of HFAY.

Ty
Old 07-17-2017, 09:35 AM   #517
Tech Adept

Next Monday, July 24th, PDX Mini Z is back at the large arena, PDX Sports Center, for more huge track action. Come for an all fun night or racing. We are setting up at 5pm and closing at 11. See you there. Ty
Old 07-23-2017, 06:39 PM   #518
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

If anyone is looking I have a basic z for sale in the NW for sale thread.

davesrctracks.net
tomdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:48 PM   #519
Tech Adept

Keeping with our Portland theme (last time was PDX), this time we will run a 503 pattern. Should be fast and fun. And have a joker lap as well (Yoker lap as they say in Sweden. Sorry, been watching too much World RX ).

Tomorrow, Monday July 24th, we are back at the big house of PDX Sports Center, 8785 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy. Portland, OR 97225, (503) 297-4145

We have the space from 5pm to 11pm. Set up begins right at 5 and racing as soon as we are set up. It was great last time as we had up to 8 cars on the track at once.

They have some tables and chairs, but if you have a small fold up table or chair, bring it, as well as an extension cord or two.

PDX Sports Center is just 15 minutes west of Downtown PDX, and only 30 minutes from most other areas… besides traffic.

See you soon, Ty
Attached Thumbnails
PDX Mini Z Racing Club-503-image.png  
Old 07-25-2017, 08:53 AM   #520
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for a great night of racing.

I need to step up my cars a little and get another one running.

Till Next Time!

MOmo
"Im not a racer, but I play one on the Internet"
MOmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:08 AM   #521
Tech Adept

Hey Guys, We have had a ton of fun the last couple months with huge tracks at PDX Sports Center, but we are going to try out a new location in the month of August. We will be at Greater Portland Bible Church, located just 10 minutes from downtown Portland. The address is 2374 SW Vermont St, Portland, OR 97219.

We have a room that is about 20 x 60, so there will be plenty of room for both big and small tracks. Plus it has AC.

August Schedule:
Monday August 7, regular fun club night.
Monday August 21, HFAY round 2, and hopefully will have 2 tracks up, one for practice / fun and the other to run the actual races on.

We want to thank PDX Sports Center for the opportunity to have used their facility the last couple months and we hope we can come back when we have a larger group.

See you next Monday.
Ty
Old 08-07-2017, 06:56 AM   #522
Tech Adept

Tonight, Monday, August 7, we will be at Greater Portland Bible Church, located just 10 minutes from downtown Portland. The address is 2374 SW Vermont St, Portland, OR 97219.

The picture shows 2040 SW Vermont, but that is the apartment complex. You still enter here as you have to go through the complex to get to the church. Go down the hill, and continue straight and you will see the yellow gates. Enter there and continue a long loop to the right.

See map for entry, loading, and parking. The doors should be unlocked, but if not, give me a call.

We have the space from 4pm to 9:45, and have to be off property at 10pm, closing the entry gates behind us. So the earlier we show up the quicker we get set up and racing.

We can order food from local venues, even our buddies over at Roundtable deliver here. Or you can bring your own items. There is a kitchen next to our room, but our room also has running water and counter space.

We have secured this space for both times this month, tonight and Monday August 21.

Should be fun. See you tonight.
Ty
Attached Thumbnails
PDX Mini Z Racing Club-greater-pdx-bible-church-street-sign.jpg   PDX Mini Z Racing Club-greater-pdx-bible-church-map.jpg   PDX Mini Z Racing Club-greater-pdx-bible-church-1-7-7-17-12x18.jpg  
Old 08-13-2017, 09:47 PM   #523
Tech Adept

Racing, next Monday, August 21 at Greater Portland Bible Church. We have the space from 4pm to 10. The sooner we arrive, the sooner we are racing.

We will have 2 tracks up, one for HFAY, and one for practice and fun racing.

See prior post for more info.

See you then, Ty
Old 08-20-2017, 06:27 PM   #524
Tech Adept

Hey Everybody,

Race day, tomorrow, Monday August 21. Round 2 of our Fall HFAY Series. Yup, eclipse day too, so as long as there are no freak out traffic issues, we’ll be racing.

With the new space, I think we will be able to get two exact tracks set up, giving us a practice track and the HFAY track. Then for fun at the end of the night if we have time, we can combine the track and do a few large track races.

We will be at Greater Portland Bible Church, located just 10 minutes from downtown Portland. The address is 2374 SW Vermont St, Portland, OR 97219.
The picture shows 2040 SW Vermont, but that is the apartment complex. You still enter here as you have to go through the complex to get to the church. Go down the hill, and continue straight and you will see the yellow gates. Enter there and continue a long loop to the right.

No need for chairs or tables as they are provided. But bring and extension cord and power strip as we will need some of these.

See map for entry, loading, and parking. The doors should be unlocked, but if not, we’ll have a phone number to call on the door.
We have the space from 4pm to 9:45, and have to be off property at 10pm, closing the entry gates behind us. So the earlier we show up the quicker we get set up and racing.

We can order food from local venues, even our buddies over at Roundtable deliver here. Or you can bring your own items. There is a kitchen next to our room, but our room also has running water and counter space.

Will be a good time. See you there, Ty
Attached Thumbnails
PDX Mini Z Racing Club-greater-pdx-bible-church-2-hfay-18-plus.jpg   PDX Mini Z Racing Club-greater-pdx-bible-church-street-sign.jpg   PDX Mini Z Racing Club-greater-pdx-bible-church-map.jpg  
Old 09-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #525
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Gonna stop by on the 18th to check things out! Do you think 200 sqf is enough space to hold a club HFAY night? I've been toying with the idea of hosting some miniZ here in NoPo at my shop. I just miss racing with everyone!
tommy911t is offline   Reply With Quote