Wiki Posts
Search

2014-15 Mike's RC world SNOWS series

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 2014-15 Mike's RC world SNOWS series

okay, the 2014-15 SNOWS series is fast approaching, this is the largest club racing series in the northwest and Mike's RC World in Bellingham, WA is the place to be in the winter. here is the tentative plan, subject to change..........

October 4th-open practice
October 11th-1st points race
October 25
November 8
November 22
December 6
December 20
December 27 or January 3-track rebuild
January 10-special event to replace annual SC event
January 24
Febuary 7
Febuary 21
March 7
March 21
April 4th-awards race

series will be best 8 of 11 races

Classes-
Novice-2wd 1/10th scale only, RD has the right to move driver if need be
17.5 buggy-blinky ESC, same rules as last year
Open 2wd buggy
open 2wd truck
open 2wd SC
4wd buggy
4wd SC
open TLR mini 8ight 1/14th scale buggy and truggy, depending on entries we may split them if enough of both. class open to the TLR brand mini buggies and truggies

personal transponders highly recommended.

stay tuned for the vintage class details and dates, probably same as last year, every third race or something..........

also please read carefully---NO PIT SPOTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO RESERVE TILL THE OCTOBER 11TH RACE. don't call the store and offer to pay more and don't expect to get a spot on the 4th, for it to be fair to everyone they wont be available till the first points race on a first come first serve basis. be nice about it, don't be a A hole to the awesome people who allow us to do this each winter. its just a pit spot...........

okay, have at it.......

Last edited by monty c; 10-01-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm there! Time to put pen to paper on a layout
Old 08-19-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nate Clark
yea buddy, glad your coming back. wondered if you had a layout in mind, one less thing for me.....
Old 08-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Did you mean to say 1/14 scale instead of 1/8th scale??

open TLR mini 1/8th scale, buggy and truggy, depending on entries we may split them if enough of both. class open to the TLR brand mini buggies and truggies..
Old 08-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=BigLosiNut;13480527]Did you mean to say 1/14 scale instead of 1/8th scale??

open TLR mini 1/8th scale, buggy and truggy, depending on entries we may split them if enough of both. class open to the TLR brand mini buggies and truggies..[/QUOTE

yes i quess, if you want to be a stickler about it.....haha

Losi mini 8ight and 8ight-T.

http://www.losi.com/Search/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=1/14 Mini 8IGHT
Old 08-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Losi link shows three mini 8 versions, one being the AVC radio system. I haven't tried AVC but from what I read, it is an unfair advantage.

Should AVC radio systems be allowed or not allowed for this series (in all classes)?
Old 08-25-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GasserX
The Losi link shows three mini 8 versions, one being the AVC radio system. I haven't tried AVC but from what I read, it is an unfair advantage.

Should AVC radio systems be allowed or not allowed for this series (in all classes)?
most people i know are binding thier current radio systems to them. if any has run one of these please chime in.....
Old 09-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Track

Originally Posted by Nate Clark
Ready to till it up! Let's go!
Old 09-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So when is the build going to happen anyway?
Old 09-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've been out for a few years. What's this about reserved pit spots?
Old 09-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
I've been out for a few years. What's this about reserved pit spots?
drivers have the option of "renting" thier pit space for the winter. that way there is no 6 am rush to get a pit spot you like. drivers can not reserve a pit space till the first race(oct. 11) if not a weekly racer there is still open spots for the occasional guy.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:22 AM
Tech Rookie

The layout is in! A good amount of water and a day of running and sweeping to break it in and we should be all good!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

this from Mike and Penny taken from the facebook page--

Hello everyone! guess what? it is time! lots of changes this year, so, let me go over it.

as long as everything looks good, the track will be open on Saturday for practice. Practice is how $10 a day. however, we will have a monthly pass. we will only be open Friday, Saturday and Sundays. a monthly pass will cost $40.00. it starts on the first and ends the last day of the month. there will be NO prorating. as always, mike and I are usually here during the week, so ...if you want to come and practice during the week, call us.

We will also have a new system for practice. you MUST be wearing a lanyard to be running on the track. if you purchase a monthly pass you will have a certain color. you will put it on when you get here and leave it here when you leave. Daily practice will have a different color.

The first race will be Oct. 11th. Doors will always open at 6;30am on race day however, if you purchase a pit spot you will not need to show up so early. Pit spots will be $20.00 this year. IMPORTANT!!! Oct. 11th race, it will be FIRST COME FIRST SERVE for picking your pit spot to purchase. Shon Serles and Guy Morrissy were the winners last year, so they will have already chosen their spots along with employees and Nate Clark and Jarred Clark for building the track.

We are working on a area for the kids and I have already purchased crafts to get us going for the year.

if you are not able to afford practice, racing or a pit space or parts, food, anything, please let me know. I am starting a sponsorship program this year for those that are in need of it. If you are able to donate to the sponsorship program to help your fellow racer, this would be appreciated.

This is our 8th annual S.N.O.W.S. series and I am sure it will be bigger and better then before. Our goal is to expand the building another 30' (haha, I put inches at first) and add more pit space. We are going to get a cost of this and start a "goal" so everyone can see how close we are. if you are able to donate any time, material, or money, please let me know. Our goal is to have it up and running for our 10th annual.

ok, I have rambled on enough now........LET'S RACE!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monty c
this from Mike and Penny taken from the facebook page--

Hello everyone! guess what? it is time! lots of changes this year, so, let me go over it.

as long as everything looks good, the track will be open on Saturday for practice. Practice is how $10 a day. however, we will have a monthly pass. we will only be open Friday, Saturday and Sundays. a monthly pass will cost $40.00. it starts on the first and ends the last day of the month. there will be NO prorating. as always, mike and I are usually here during the week, so ...if you want to come and practice during the week, call us.

We will also have a new system for practice. you MUST be wearing a lanyard to be running on the track. if you purchase a monthly pass you will have a certain color. you will put it on when you get here and leave it here when you leave. Daily practice will have a different color.

The first race will be Oct. 11th. Doors will always open at 6;30am on race day however, if you purchase a pit spot you will not need to show up so early. Pit spots will be $20.00 this year. IMPORTANT!!! Oct. 11th race, it will be FIRST COME FIRST SERVE for picking your pit spot to purchase. Shon Serles and Guy Morrissy were the winners last year, so they will have already chosen their spots along with employees and Nate Clark and Jarred Clark for building the track.

We are working on a area for the kids and I have already purchased crafts to get us going for the year.

if you are not able to afford practice, racing or a pit space or parts, food, anything, please let me know. I am starting a sponsorship program this year for those that are in need of it. If you are able to donate to the sponsorship program to help your fellow racer, this would be appreciated.

This is our 8th annual S.N.O.W.S. series and I am sure it will be bigger and better then before. Our goal is to expand the building another 30' (haha, I put inches at first) and add more pit space. We are going to get a cost of this and start a "goal" so everyone can see how close we are. if you are able to donate any time, material, or money, please let me know. Our goal is to have it up and running for our 10th annual.

ok, I have rambled on enough now........LET'S RACE!!!!!!!!

Was chatting with Penny this morning and it sounded like the 4th wasn't a race with heats and stuff, or by "playday" did she only mean non points race? Thanks!
Old 09-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gticlay
Was chatting with Penny this morning and it sounded like the 4th wasn't a race with heats and stuff, or by "playday" did she only mean non points race? Thanks!
no racing format, just practice. it was originally going to be opening day but they built the track a week early.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.