Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Premier RC Raceways & Hobby thread >

Premier RC Raceways & Hobby thread

Premier RC Raceways & Hobby thread

Old 06-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

First look at the place and it's huge!! http://www.thebigrc.com/?p=5729

All I can say is this is gonna be amazing. This is the first day in there, and even though it's being cleaned up, I was just in awe! Can't wait to run on it!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That's awesome! I need to hurry up and get the rest of my gear so I can run when it opens.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Stopped by today and OH YEAH!

I am currently down at RC Plus. Good news, panther slicks rock on carpet. I wish i had my front slicks as well. I heard Cameron brought this up a while back. They are very hooked up but also a little forgiving on aggressiv driving.

Sent from droid.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
Stopped by today and OH YEAH!

I am currently down at RC Plus. Good news, panther slicks rock on carpet. I wish i had my front slicks as well. I heard Cameron brought this up a while back. They are very hooked up but also a little forgiving on aggressiv driving.

Sent from droid.
I was very successful running them on carpet. A little sticky kicks on them to help with the bite for a the first few laps but when they get warm they are very fast. Much like on road rubber tires. 4w a few burnouts on warm up laps to get them warm and your good to go.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
I was very successful running them on carpet. A little sticky kicks on them to help with the bite for a the first few laps but when they get warm they are very fast. Much like on road rubber tires. 4w a few burnouts on warm up laps to get them warm and your good to go.
So slicks are just fine on 4wd sct? Maybe I won't need mini pins after all.

Also what should I do to my 4wd sct as a basic qui decline setting it up for carpet?
Old 06-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by traxxas13
So slicks are just fine on 4wd sct? Maybe I won't need mini pins after all.

Also what should I do to my 4wd sct as a basic qui decline setting it up for carpet?
SC there is a trick I do to the front tires to reduce corner bite. Actually a euro trick they use. JP reminded me of it when I was fighting going on two wheels in every corner.

About 1/4 inch of super glue on the outside edge of the front tires is all it takes. Kind of easier to show you than describe it.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SC there is a trick I do to the front tires to reduce corner bite. Actually a euro trick they use. JP reminded me of it when I was fighting going on two wheels in every corner.

About 1/4 inch of super glue on the outside edge of the front tires is all it takes. Kind of easier to show you than describe it.
Pics!!!!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TopGear_RC
Offroad/ onroad 80x48 oval is 75x40 ish
Thank you for the reply!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Tech Adept

Defiantly pics will help. Just need to get some slicks first since my wheels are bent to all heck.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Defiantly pics will help. Just need to get some slicks first since my wheels are bent to all heck.
Use a q-tip to run a 1/4 strip of glue around the outboard edge of the tire's contact patch. Don't glue the q-tip to the tire, it'll throw off the balance. I've used this trick on high-bite clay, as well. It always felt like a band-aid, but it works remarkably well.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Jumps look legit in this vid. I have a few hours today if you need some help

http://youtu.be/9yvwqTi54k4
Old 06-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Definitely sounds defiantly good for sure!!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
Use a q-tip to run a 1/4 strip of glue around the outboard edge of the tire's contact patch. Don't glue the q-tip to the tire, it'll throw off the balance. I've used this trick on high-bite clay, as well. It always felt like a band-aid, but it works remarkably well.
Don't glue the q-tip to the tire, it'll throw off the balance.----LMFAO, kinda like walkin out of the bathroom with TP stuck on the sole of your shoe. LOL

Thank You for the pic Kevin!!! Wow is right!!!

Gene
Old 06-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
So just normal super glue or the gel type? Cause normal super glue seems to run all over the dam place.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

So just normal super glue or the gel type? Cause normal super glue seems to run all over the dam place.
In on road we do this all the time to foam tires and sometimes rubber. We did this to our F1 cars a lot. Normally just use normal super glue. Put your car on a stand so that you can freely rotate the tire. Spin the tire slowly as you apply super glue from the bottle. Start near the rim and work up putting a light coating of glue on. You can then use the side of a hex wrench shaft or screw driver shaft to even out the layer of glue even more. You want a thin coat so it does not run and dries on it own rather quickly. Do not use zip kicker because it will bubble. Apply more coats as needed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.