Wiki Posts
Search

2005/2006 Northwest Onroad Indoor Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 2005/2006 Northwest Onroad Indoor Championship Series

Figured I'd start a new thread. Darren is crazy busy with work and his track.
He will be at the Sizzler so we can maybe throw a few ideas around then too.

Snide, have Les e mail Darren if his email changed.

So the questions are which tracks, dates, classes and ??

Any other input of what to run?

spec - stock rubber
stock-rubber
19t-foam
mod-foam no motor limits?
1/12 mod no motor limits?
1/12 19t/stock?

3700-3800 ok?

If each track that is interested in participating could start asking their racers, especially those interested, what their thoughts are, would be great.
I know a lot at the Rain are talking 19T foam this year.

There are only so many months and weekends available. Also, in the past we've tried to schedule events about 2 weeks apart so as not to impact the club racing.

So, what else needs to be discussed? Give some input-especially if you are travelling or are thinking about it. What would make it better for new racers to want to travel or more fun for the returnees. (Other than strip clubs)
Old 08-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Of vital importance: list of all locations serving Creme Brulle.

Jacko
Old 08-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Seattle Indoor Raceway would like to be part of this.
Just let us know
Old 08-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Looks good to me, cant wait to start running foam again . A list of tracks would be good when it gets all figured out as well.

-Korey
Old 08-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Initiate

All classes on foam. It's time to get on track with the rest of the nation that runs carpet.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

i think you would hate to run foam on asphalt.
maybe not
Old 08-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

My vote would be. Sedans is 1 stock class on a spec tire (cs27) and 19 & mod on foam. 1/12th stock & mod. No motor limits in mod. Basicly lets keep the number of classes to a min. so we have large #'s of people in each class.

If there are five carpet tracks this year, Rain, Peel-it, RC-Plus, Spokane, and Tri-cities then just make one of the races regionals or beter yet give the overall series winner the regional title. But I do not think that we need a seprate ROAR race.

This has been historically a carpet series so I do not know how SIR would fit in.

Chad
Old 08-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Classes i'd like to see this year

Stock Sedan- rubber or foam tires (dont really care, mostly up to the people that will be running this class, though it would be nice to see it on foam so that people aren't going to need an extra car if they want to run 19T)

19T Sedan- foam tires, same motor rules as last year (C2, Reedy Quad Mag, and Top Element Based motors only)

Mod Sedan- foam tires, no motor limit.

Stock 12th- same rules as last year.

Mod 12th- No motor limit

3700-3800 batteries allowed in all classes. they are widely available to everyone.

thats it, no truck classes, no mini classes, thats it. keep the extra classes for non-series races and try to promote the hell out of the ones on the tour. racers are getting spread far to thin as it is. no spec class (stock is spec enough as it is).

and i agree the indoor series has been a carpet series traditionally, i dont want to run 4-5 races on carpet and then have to...

A: rebuild my car for aspahlt rubber tires (which would contradict the series rules for every other race in the series)

B: get a second car for one race in the middle of the winter season, which for me is all foam carpet racing.

so basically, id like to see a the five classes above... and keep the racing on one type of surface.

Peter

P.S. the pro-series for off-road is HUGE, and they offer only 4-5 classes, and one type of surface conditions... think about it

Last edited by peter_robinson; 08-10-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think it’s important to try to get new people in the hobby and to feel welcome. No matter what they drive or where they race.
It adds to the fun and to the day and to be honest, to the tracks income.

Open up your minds and let the sunshine in! Actually, I don’t think anyone meant to dismiss any other racers or owners.
Not everyone is a big bad 4wd sedan touring car racer who travels and has lots of sponsors. It’s important to allow the others have some fun too.

And if the asphalt guys want to try carpet, and change their set ups, then I don’t see why our carpet gods can’t make one or two changes too! Or don’t go to that race!

There are many who have been racing quite a while and have never raced a 2 day, mainly because they aren’t a “hot dog” and don’t feel welcome. We need to change that attitude.

Yes, off road has a lot of racers… that’s great… until we have the numbers that they do, then I think we need to keep as many coming out as possible.

Also, this year will be a tough one in the sense of having to travel. And with the gas prices going up and up, it’s going to be an issue a lot of racers will have to look at.

Having a stock spec class encourages the less than perfect driver to have a crack at a good time with racers of their own skill. It's also a money saver for those who have to count their pennies. If there aren’t enough for a series race, then it won’t be counted. But at the club level and for the track owner it’s a great experience for all of us.
I am not saying that we should have a “masters class, a junior class, a spec stock, a stock, a pro stock, and a super pro stock”. But having 2 stock classes is not that big of a deal. There are 2 FOAM classes.

I have a good number of racers in my winter club series who do the spec/sportsman class.
They know they aren’t ready to race against a “perry, maloy, hagen, curtis, or buchanen”, but they have a good time. The spec/sportsman are the ones to encourage and keep racing.

We, track owners, don’t have to worry about the “hot dogs” you guys are hooked. You’ll always have a class of your own and be happy. But you are also sponsored and don’t have to pay out for the good stuff like others do.
But I think we have to start welcoming other classes and tracks, no matter what they are and enjoy them and just maybe they will want to try something else.

Looking at the numbers and classes from the point series that are listed, there were other classes at the tracks that hosted them.
So, are you saying we should exclude them? I guess it’s ok as long as you don’t drive a truck, or 1/18 mini. Nah, I’m sure you’re not.

As for SIR, I think we should welcome anyone who wants to give it a try. It may or may not work. But if we offer a Tamiya class, say Mini, or GT1 or GT3, who knows? Maybe RCPlus or West Coast, or Spokane might pick up new racers! Wow, that would be cool.
And very helpful to all the businesses.
There should be 6 tracks this time if everyone gets going. We can count 4 of the 6 races. Spokane, Tri Cities, RC Plus, Rain, SIR, and Peel it.
Providing Darren and Eddie get the carpet down.

We’ve had 100 people viewing this thread since I started it yesterday. I would love to hear from the others too. Or talk to your track owner if you don’t want to post.
Or e mail us, mine is [email protected]

I would hate to see this become just a “pro” series in the sense that only the sponsored or wealthy racers can afford to do. But make it easy for everyone to enjoy.
As I said, the "other" classes may not work, but I think we should offer them, get them posted and see what happens. If no one races them? fine... nothing is lost. But I hate to see any one dismissed.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Now Peter come on

the pro-series for off-road is HUGE, and they offer only 4-5 classes, and one type of surface conditions... think about it
Last time I checked I have not heard of a Carpet off road track......

As for set-up you can't tell me that every track you use exactly the same tire, and set-up. It changes if not weekly then monthly as temps change etc.

We have said SIR would like to be part of the series. Add the track to the series if there is no attendance then why would we want to come back next year.

If anyone who is planning on running the series has questions about our facility or our surface come out to the track. I will offer up a free practice session to anyone who has the question.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Mal

I don't mind SIR being in the series. Most people have a baseline set-up for asphalt plus their track is temperature controlled, what worked 3 months ago will work today. I'm sure the sponsored guys won't have any trouble asking for a second car that they could set-up for asphalt while leaving their carpet car untouched.

As for the number of classes, I think that's up to the track. If mini or sportsman was part of the series it might enourage more people to run the indoor series making the tracks money. Unless you're a track owner I don't think anyone has any say in what classes can take part in this series.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Mal

Is peel-it still expecting to make a carpet track? I figured that they would stay aspahlt for those gas car guys that want to run during the winter. Plus, from an engineering point of view, I still don't know how a modular carpet track would work. If you made it out of wood, it would warp in a matter of months unless you kept the humidity at a constant 0%. If you made the blocks out of composite it would cost you 10s of thousands to make. Why not be the other asphalt track of the winter with SIR?
Old 08-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I don't have any problem with adding SIR to the track lineup either. The track itself is top notch, and traction is consistant. Yes it is different, but thats not a bad thing. This might pull in alot of new drivers as well that normally don't race carpet. The addition to a "tamiya" based class would be cool too, and again it might create more draw to the hobby.

-Korey
Old 08-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Difuser
Last time I checked I have not heard of a Carpet off road track......
Dan take a look at the off road worlds tarck they ran on this week, green indoor/outdoor carpet in some of the sections.

For the foam classes racing on asphalt is a huge deal if we are going to do that then that is a race I would not go to and I would have to think about the series as I have 1 throw out allready taken.

I have never understood why we run multiple stock classes, What is the differance between the beginer/budget racer being in a spec A-main or in the regular B-main you end up running with the same people.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Mal

Chad, it's easy for you to say that. You're sponsored and either get stuff for free or at a big discount. Spec is for people who want to be competitive and not worry about having to compete with people who are sponsored and still run stock. Plus, why are you even commenting on these classes if you're not running in them? If a class is created that may draw in more people, making the tracks extra cash, then I don't think anyone has any say, except the tracks, on what classes are run.

That's almost like saying, why is there a stock class in the nationals? They all know that the a-mainers would be in the d-main if they ran mod.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.