Wiki Posts
Search

Mike's R/C World Spring racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Mike's R/C World Spring racing

I've got news for Mike's we will be doing a track rebuild the weekend of the 29th and 30th of March. I talked to Nate Clark today and he will be helping out with the layout. We will start racing on the first weekend of April and will be racing every Saturday with a couple of exceptions that will be posted soon. All the same classes with the mini 8ights added to the schedule.
More info to come.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

The track build went really good we got the layout done in one day and it is the best yet! Thanks to all who helped out with the build and a big shout out to Nate Clark for the design and hours of packing.The track is open a couple of days this week and the first race is next Saturday. You don't want to miss out on this layout while it's fresh. The traction is already where it needs to be and the layout is fast with some big jump sections. Lots of passing and high speeds should make for some great racing. The weather is not looking to great for the weekend so see you at Mike's.

If you want to check out a video from the first test run search "29/03/14 Mike's Spring layout" on YouTube.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey David - what days are they open? Was thinking of Thursday.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Clayton I'm not sure of the hours this week asked Penny to post them on here. I know that Tim plans on being there on Thursday as well so's the track should be open he has keys either way. Just call and ask also ask them to post the hours.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Whiterayzen
Clayton I'm not sure of the hours this week asked Penny to post them on here. I know that Tim plans on being there on Thursday as well so's the track should be open he has keys either way. Just call and ask also ask them to post the hours.
Cool thanks. Thinking of spending the WHOLE day there. I got some testing to do!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Only 2 more days....hopefully most of the series regulars will make it on Saturday, the new layout should provide some good racing!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

normal signup times as always, 7-10 am, all the regular classes plus the mini eights so bring out the little pocket rockets. not time for outdoor just yet.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Track

Practiced today for awhile. The track is awesome, and like Nate said, some interesting passing zones. Should be a lot of fun!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

I don't know if Monty is planning on posting the results but dayum the track is FUN! It has a little bit of everything and not only is it a driver's course but it has a FULL STRAIGHT! Seems like we never get to run a full length straight but whoomp, there it is! So much fun yesterday - thanks to Mike/Penny/Monty/everyone.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

This should be a great weekend at Mike's, not as many other races, and no sunshine. If you haven't had a chance to run the new layout yet make sure you come out and bring a friend to check it out. Should be fun and I know that we will beat last weeks turnout so save the date and see you there.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Lookin forward to it... I'll be there!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

One of the last races scheduled for the year the rain is back after the wonderful heat wave time to race at Mike's.