Search

2014 Northwest Asphalt Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Racing

Originally Posted by ChadB.
The whole purpose of me taking over this series was to keep it going; have a lot of fun, and give back to the racers. I had so much fun last year and was really looking forward being in this series again this year. When Brian told everyone that he needed to step away from this, a piece of me was broken. I was really excited and was more than willing to do whatever it took to make this a great series. I made changes that I felt were beneficial for everyone to make it more efficient and fare to all of the racers. Lies were said about me at the racetrack regarding certain race track owners. This personal business should have never reached the racers and I apologize that it did. This type of negativity creates drama for everyone, and it didn’t help the race series either. This continued controversy through the short amount of time since this was announced, has created a high rate of stress for my family and I.

Due to all of this, I am sad to say that this series will not happen this year. I want to thank those that had the interest in the series and tried to stay positive. I am sorry to those that had doubts that I had the ability to make this happen.

Thanks to Gravity Rc for keeping in contact with me and who really wanted to be a part of this series. I am sorry I couldn’t make it happen. Be sure to keep purchasing stuff from Paul, he has a great business and top quality products too.
I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have cause to any of you. Have a happy summer.

Moderator, please delete this thread in a couple days.
That is sad news hope everything will be fine and hopefully it will return next year
Old 04-23-2014, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So what your saying is YOUR done with it. Series can still happen...
Old 04-24-2014, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
So what your saying is YOUR done with it. Series can still happen...
Sweet. Are YOU gonna make it happen??
Old 04-24-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Any word on the spec tires for NWAC.2?
Old 04-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hard work

Bremerton is still in.

If somone wants to pick this up it looks like the hard work is done.
Website is made.
Dates are made.
Tracks are in.
Race fees are set.

Make some flyers, pick a spec tire and a tech table person and run a race series. The tracks put on the races . This person just needs to collect money, add up points and put out a few fires along the way..

As for sponsers and free stuff don't sweat it. I don't think most people race for the free stuff, they race to have fun.

Just my thoughts.

BRCR
Old 04-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 23elim
Bremerton is still in.

Website is made.
Dates are made.
Tracks are in.
Race fees are set.

Make some flyers, pick a spec tire and a tech table person and run a race series. The tracks put on the races . This person just needs to collect money, add up points and put out a few fires along the way..

As for sponsers and free stuff don't sweat it. I don't think most people race for the free stuff, they race to have fun.

Just my thoughts.

BRCR
Well said
Old 04-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 23elim
Bremerton is still in.

Website is made.
Dates are made.
Tracks are in.
Race fees are set.

Just my thoughts.

BRCR
Bryan,
You need to rethink what you are saying buddy.

For those that need a better understanding and still dont quite get it, this series is DONE. If you choose to start another series, it will need to be under another name and have your own website.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadB.
Bryan,
You need to rethink what you are saying buddy.

For those that need a better understanding and still dont quite get it, this series is DONE. If you choose to start another series, it will need to be under another name and have your own website.
Why?

You picked up where Brian left off, how come someone can't pickup where you left off?

If anything, you've helped it come along so far, it should be do-able to run.

EDIT: re-reading this, it sounded a bit offensive, but it was not meant to be. We appreciate your work Chad.

Last edited by R3VoLuTiOn; 04-24-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ill have to agree with john. why cant somebody else take it over. if your done with it let someone else take it and run with it. no sense in killing it completely. Alot of people are looking forward to this series happening. why not let it continue with somebody else at the wheel.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
ill have to agree with john. why cant somebody else take it over. if your done with it let someone else take it and run with it. no sense in killing it completely. Alot of people are looking forward to this series happening. why not let it continue with somebody else at the wheel.
Will probably require serious therapy with suicide watch after this but I have to agree here. Unless you paid for the name you can't call it done. I am sure this is not what Brian had in mind. You did hard work and got it this far (which is appreciated by all racers) now let someone else take it from here. Please explain why you said it's DONE.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Probably couldn't find a spec tire.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Probably couldn't find a spec tire.
Your witt is making me proud padawan.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

If the series doesn't happen why couldn't we still run those days and help each club out. Rules will be house rules at each club. I could care less about trophies however I do enjoy running the different tracks and meeting different people that love racing toy cars as much as I do. I also don't see why it has to be one person that puts it together it should be a collective of people maybe a person from each club Idk but I'm bummed that it's "done". And that's my 2 cents
Old 04-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Something to that affect is what the plan is....
Old 04-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

As a mostly off road guy, I really enjoyed the series last year. I met some cool guys and was introduced to a level of nerd I had never experienced before...on-road racers. Chasing set up was a much bigger part of racing on-road and I bought in. The aluminum set up wheels, ridiculously huge pinions, tire warmers and tasty carbon fiber everywhere...so good. I also found that there is a lot of petty b.s. that goes with it as the margins were closer. In spite of that, it was super fun to meet a great group of guys and many families participating. Burgers were dialed as well.

So...I get there might be some hurt feelings floating around but I think it is reasonable to still have the tracks host the races on their original dates. As far as sponsors or goodies..."we would race for painted rocks, as long as we knew which color rock was first". I know I might be oversimplifying it, but like a few have said, the "northwest asphalt challenge" can still go, even if it has a different name. I personally like the Ian Radford painted rock NW domination tour. Its domain name is available. I'll provide the painted rocks, I know a few people with preschoolers that paint for graham crackers.

Who is in?

Besides I have all these extra Team Powers 36's to burn up. Spec Tire?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.