Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Any Tracks left in Oregon to Run/Race Nitro Vehicles? >

Any Tracks left in Oregon to Run/Race Nitro Vehicles?

Any Tracks left in Oregon to Run/Race Nitro Vehicles?

Old 12-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Any Tracks left in Oregon to Run/Race Nitro Vehicles?

Yup. I'm new. Been out of the RC thing for 25+ years. I'm centrally located in the W. Valley (Corvallis) and am willing to travel if necessary. I picked up a couple Nitro Buggies for myself and my daughter before I learned of any sort of industry 'shift' towards electric. Frankly, I prefer Nitro. But sure could use some quick answers as to where we can find a Nitro friendly track in Oregon?

Whatever happend to the R/C Track in Hubbard, OR?

Thanks in advance.

GK
Old 12-20-2013, 03:30 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GoldKimber
Yup. I'm new. Been out of the RC thing for 25+ years. I'm centrally located in the W. Valley (Corvallis) and am willing to travel if necessary. I picked up a couple Nitro Buggies for myself and my daughter before I learned of any sort of industry 'shift' towards electric. Frankly, I prefer Nitro. But sure could use some quick answers as to where we can find a Nitro friendly track in Oregon?

Whatever happend to the R/C Track in Hubbard, OR?

Thanks in advance.

GK
The only ones I know of are Brians track in Jacksonville and Chucks track
in Prineville.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Don't they run Nitro down in Grants Pass as well but only as part of the OSS in addition to the two listed above? Otherwise, all of Nitro racing in OR is best described as being on a pretty limited basis at this point.

There's an indoor track 20 minutes from you in Albany - racing electric isn't too bad when you can do it indoors year-round , check it out sometime: http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...thread-86.html
Old 12-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks mark! And ya buddy come on down! We have some cool rentals you can give electric another shot!
Old 12-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the good info JsK. I'll have to make my way out to Prineville before long. Got some family in the area.

I spoke with Matt over at Santiam Hobbies in Lebanon. The track needs TLC. But they are definately Nitro and electric friendly and we have all been invited to come and play. I'm going to try to make it out there right after x-mas and see if we can get the track back to a runable surface. Won't be perfect or even 'event ready' but should be at least usable for some practice. That's the goal anyway. Anyone interested in helping out an ambitous rookie should consider themselves invited.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

@ Mark and Casey - Thanks Guys! Year round racing does sound appealing! I know it's just a matter of time before I break down again and will be buying some electrics. I had to start with Nitro because it's what I wanted as a kid and I'm hoping my daughter will learn to take care of her vehicles before she turns 16 and the cost of ownership of a real car is a reality.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...thread-47.html
Old 01-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

looks like Santiam hobbies in leb is getting new management and may have an outdoor track for the summer! That is where most of the nitro gang has gone! from the Hubbard group or to Dave's tracks for electric racing Dave Ernst who did most of the track maintenance out in Hubbard now has his own place near Woodburn! there may be a nitro outdoor in cottage grove this summer also was planed for last year just never happened!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is a cool place in Oregon

https://www.facebook.com/#!/CrownRaceway