Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Possibly moving to Seattle, WA >

Possibly moving to Seattle, WA

Possibly moving to Seattle, WA

Old 12-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Markcuda
Don't for get, pot smoking is legal.
Hmmm, Washington famous for Pot, Florida famous for Cocaine. What a person to do..
Old 12-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1209 (100%+)

A little off topic, but... Seattle traffic is HORRID. My wife is from Seattle and we lived there for a year in 07 and promptly moved again. A 100 mile drive could be an hour and a half or a day and a half. Hope you have a REALLY good job. Average cost of a house in King County is 500k. I'm originally from FL and have lived all over the world. If you like the sun... don't do it. If you don't mind traveling to the sun then... Snows some years others it doesn't. Summer and early fall are really nice.

There are a few offroad choices, but the one across the sound I saw was closing, but some folks are trying to keep it open. Tacoma track is nice and I heard they do a great job. Onroad scene is good there.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I hate the sun lol. Not looking to purchase a home either. I will be making more than enough for me, no kids no wife, just me, and my rc lol. Oh yea and my fiat, but that lil guy doesn't cost anything to use. I spend more on tires for my rc car than I do in gas in a month.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

My job is in Tacoma, so I am currently looking in Tacoma and surrounding areas for living, I would prefer to rent a home just because I like the privacy, but am not opposed to renting an apartment. As long as I have an RC/Man cave and a master bedroom I could care less about the rest.

I have a few friends that I have met in Florida that are from seattle, and infact 2 close friends just moved back there so that helps out a lot, atleast I will know a couple people, plus I will get to know people at the track, so I am not terribly worried.

I just needed a change, and I turn 30 in January so I figured do it now, while I can enjoy the scenery weather climate etc.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Captcha
Yea socal and florida my whole life. What is this winter you talk about. It is 71 degrees as I type this
I lived in SoCal for most of my life..I can pretty much do all the activities I did there,just have to drive a bit farther. I can still surf, snowboard and ride MX here. Outside the cities is awesome if you like hiking, camping and fishing at all. The fresh food you can get at the multitude of farmers markets is cool. Traffic on the I5 corridor sucks, in my opinion is worse than L.A. (where I am from) and the 405 is comparable to the 405 running through Santa Monica.

You get used to the cool, drizzly weather pretty quick.

Summer is awesome...all 2 weeks of it lol.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

I would rather have only 2 weeks of summer vs 2 weeks of winter.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you work in Tacoma and live in Tacoma or any of the surrounding areas, traffic is no different than anywhere else in the country. I live in Federal Way and work in Tacoma. 20 minutes for me to drive to work and plenty of alternate local routes if one is blocked. Yes, I-5 and I-405 traffic sucks as freeway traffic does in most big cities.

Tacoma RC Raceways is great with great people working there. Just remember, it is grey here a lot, but when it's nice it is really nice! Most people who move to the area have the most difficult time getting use to the greyness!! Enjoy!