Search
Like Tree5Likes

Central Oregon Racing???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Central Oregon Racing???

Hello folks. First post.

Is there currently any organized RC Offroad Racing in the Bend/Central Oregon area? Or, Is there a public practice track in Central Oregon?

Thanks for your replies.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Not really, your best hope is for enough interest to revive this: http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...neville-6.html
Old 07-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mark, thanks for that information.

Unbelievable to me that an area as booming as is Central Oregon has no RC Offroad Racing activity.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RGunn
Mark, thanks for that information.

Unbelievable to me that an area as booming as is Central Oregon has no RC Offroad Racing activity.
Too geographically spread out to support the mainstream kind of indoor 1/10th track, used to have an active 1/8th track that died along with the rest of most nitro racing in OR. If anybody still answers posts on that page, they may know a bash spot at least.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mark, folks in Central Oregon are use to travelling up & down Hwy97 across the high desert for various activities. My Grandson races Motocross and I routinely drive between LaPine & Redmond to take him for practice sessions at least twice a week.

I can't believe a track situated in Bend wouldn't do enough business to keep the doors open??? But then again, tracks in the northern Willamette Valley can't seem to stay in business so perhaps there just aren't enough willing RC participants??? Too bad for those who enjoy the hobby.

I'm going to build my own track on our rural property that backs to National Forest and will invite interested neighbors to come use the track.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RGunn
I'm going to build my own track on our rural property that backs to National Forest and will invite interested neighbors to come use the track.
Sounds like a good plan
Old 07-07-2017, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Currently the only open track is one in Redmond out by the baseball fields and dump. It's on park land and open all the time. There are no races or organized events. We have tried but just haven't seen enough interest. There are a few of us that try to keep it maintained but it's hard with kids in soccer cleats and bicycles occasionally making laps.

There is a plan in place by the Bend parks to open a (1/10 Electric) track at Big Sky rec area (Google for more info). This is scheduled to open by end of next year. This is what I am looking forward to. The plan is to be club run and maintained.

Last edited by E-Mann; 07-07-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

E-Mann, thanks a bunch for that information!
Old 07-07-2017, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Feel like driving south?
2 hour haul from bend.. it's a ways.. I know.
But we are usually done by 2-3pm,.. get you home by dinner anyways..
;-)

Not sure what you are running??
Old 07-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

dnsducks, thank you for the invite.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:53 PM
Tech Rookie

So, I live in Bend and have a big yard. I have a section put aside to build a track for 1/10 electric off-road. If anyone wants to help me build it, maybe we can have some casual get togethers.

Come the spring, I will be building a house here, so I will have occasional access to a bobcat...

Just a thought. I am doing this regardless, would be nice to have people to hang out with!
Old 12-25-2017, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gsmblue
So, I live in Bend and have a big yard. I have a section put aside to build a track for 1/10 electric off-road. If anyone wants to help me build it, maybe we can have some casual get togethers.

Come the spring, I will be building a house here, so I will have occasional access to a bobcat...

Just a thought. I am doing this regardless, would be nice to have people to hang out with!
PM sent (also just notice your reference to 1/10 scale)
Old 12-25-2017, 09:33 PM
Tech Rookie

I have never raced on dirt before, I tried using the cars in the yard this summer and they just dug holes!!

PM responded to.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a track in Prineville. but some think its too far to drive its 100 across and 200 feet wide I spent 35 grand building it.. they came for 5 yrs then it died no one has come for 3 yrs now. track in La Pine closed. John Cooper had it for a long time. the track in Redmond is small the tower is small Im thinking 5 could fit shoulder to shoulder,..Dee.s hobby in Bend says parks and rec is going to build a track in Bend in 2019 Klamuth Falls has a track. Sunriver has one. Portland and mid west off of 26 Eugene.. not to much going on in RC unless your now inn to drones
Jowers and OGPerk503 like this.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by E-Mann
Currently the only open track is one in Redmond out by the baseball fields and dump. It's on park land and open all the time. There are no races or organized events. We have tried but just haven't seen enough interest. There are a few of us that try to keep it maintained but it's hard with kids in soccer cleats and bicycles occasionally making laps.

There is a plan in place by the Bend parks to open a (1/10 Electric) track at Big Sky rec area (Google for more info). This is scheduled to open by end of next year. This is what I am looking forward to. The plan is to be club run and maintained.
Just moved to Redmond two years ago and finally got the chance to drag my r/c out of the moving boxes and get it fixed. My friend's son just bought his first r/c and was looking for places to have some fun. I drove to the Redmond track before work today just to see if it was still there. Just curious if there is anyway I can help with the track in Redmond or Prineville. Thanks for the replys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.