Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Area52 Off-Road Racing 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Area52 Off-Road Racing 2013

Hello out there, are there any RC racers left out there around Carnation?….Well we plan on running some RC racing this summer at our outdoor track facility. We welcome you to join us for some RC racing fun a52 style. More info at area52RC.com
Old 01-27-2013, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

still here...................................
Old 01-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

bad ass looking track may have to come try it out!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:07 PM
T$
Tech Adept

Yeehaw!

Tracy, sent you a PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Joe Dirt????
Old 01-29-2013, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

My rc stuff is down for the moment but im hoping its back up soon. Lemme know if you need help setting up some events.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Hey there, glad to see there's still a few of you around, maybe we can scrape up an A main in each class this season, would be fun!

The quick answer right now for you guys on the Joe dirt or any event race, I honestly don't know, my interest and level of commitment towards large races is practically nonexistent now days for a lot of reasons. I'm looking more at a simple relaxing non stress eight race series every other weekend starting June through September. Larger races take A LOT more work, way more work than I'm really interested in. They kind of interrupt the flow of a nice series at a track being that they're so much involved in the planning. And then you have the dreaded track change which is a definite interruption between series races. There's just not a lot of time to do it all in four months especially when I want those off weekend between the series races for doing other things I'm into in the summer. It can get overwhelming and exhausting quickly for a little summertime mom-and-pop Podunk track.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Sounds good to me, I'm looking forward to it!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Awesome Matthew!, Miss you man… Last year was kind of a bummer Summer with a couple of chronic right arm issues and being sick with cold before that and it's been a long winter. I'm just hoping for some decent weather this year.

Hope things a been good for you this winter, will see you at the track soon enough.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

I posted a tentative schedule for this season @area52RC.com but still subject to change.

Will probably have a couple track prep/maintenance cleanup work parties in May. We will need to box blade the track with the Kubota, rake and flat shovel any significant holes or bumps in the track and jumps which I don't think there are not too many, if I remember the track was in pretty good shape.
And lastly will need to weed whack all around the track tubing in the outfields surrounding the track which shouldn't be too bad if we can get three or four weed Wacker's running. Probably about one days worth of work on a weekend. These maintenance issues will need to be repeated a couple times through the summer, so I'm hoping we can get a handful or two of volunteers to help out or it can be quite a struggle otherwise.

Last edited by Leopard1; 02-14-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm interested in coming up from Everett. I've been out of the sport for 20 years but I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on an 1/8 scale buggy with my tax return. What would you say is more popular in the area 1/8 nitro buggy or 1/8 e-buggy?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

I'm interested in coming up from Everett. I've been out of the sport for 20 years but I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on an 1/8 scale buggy with my tax return. What would you say is more popular in the area 1/8 nitro buggy or 1/8 e-buggy?
Hi there, it's hard to say which of those classes will be more popular, gas used to be more popular but that changed in the past few years with more and more people going electric, and it's always hard to say from year to year which guys are coming back to race and what they're going to be racing. Racers come and go and also the past couple years attendance has dropped for whatever reasons and it's unclear who and how many will be racing with us this year.

I would just probably go with whichever class you think you'll be the happiest with. I started with the nitro eighth scale Losi buggy and then ended up converting it to electric. I love the nitro sound and smell but I also like the plug-and-play electric buggy. I like each one for different reasons.

Tracy
Old 02-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

The pit row has plenty room for the bump box and all if your choice is nitro. Definitely nitro friendly out there in my opinion. I too have gone electric for ease of plug and play. Still have to watch engine temps for signs of other problems like blown wheel bearings or cling-ons or ....
But, no more bump box, clutch, glow ignitor, fuel, ... to worry about, just batteries, charger(s), power, and uhmm ....

Last edited by Slickem; 02-02-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It seems like a lot of green/enviro sensitive areas are starting to complain about the noise and fumes from nitro cars (at least as I browse through the forums) and I see that some tracks have voluntarily banned them. This is leading me to lean more towards e-power (with all the spotted owl loving granola eaters around here I can only see it as a matter of time) and exchanging the costs of fuel and replacing burned out motors, for the cost of killing Li-Po packs and ESC's instead. The Tekno EB-48 and the OFNA/Hong Nor X3 Sabre 2.0 buggies are at the top of my list right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.