Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skagit River Raceway Enduro Feb 24th

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kody
Yes we will be driving an Associated car. That's what you SHOULD be worried about! Powered up by the reliable Reedy battery too.

Hope the Novak motor can handle all this...
I am worried, woried about parts falling off and getting in our way...
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Hey Allen do you need any drivers? Lmk
Old 01-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazy5
I am worried, woried about parts falling off and getting in our way...
Sure hope they have everything safety wired
Old 01-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Updated Team List : As Of 1 / 26 / 13

1) Team Broadway Hobbies
Drivers : Jeff Kuney, Steve Anderson, Ty Folis, Kaleb Matthies

2) Team SNS
Drivers : Bill Swadener, Sam Swadener, Rob Swan, Brayden Swan

3) Team Mason
Drivers : Todd Mason, Stuart Mason, Wes Briscoe, Ben fuesel

4) Team Taxdahl
Drivers : Allen Taxdahl, Larry Mulholland, 3 & 4 TBD

5) Team Associated
Drivers : Kody Knudtson, Sean Maybell, Alvin Nucum, John Devine

6) Team DDT
Drivers : Steve Todd, Jake Danilchik, Alex Danilchik, 4 TBD

7) Team Tomahawk
Drivers : Ryan Newbury, Brenden Newbury, Joe Levine 4 TBD ( Team Tomahawk is taking driver resume's )

8) Team ( Can we get our car on the track ) Curry; Sorry Steve, couldn't help myself after that post by Allen earlier...
Drivers : Steve Curry, 2, 3 & 4 TBD

2 team spots left. Teams Taxdahl, DDT, Tomahawk and Curry still have spots left to fill. Let me know and I'll update.

Let the smack talk commense...
Old 01-27-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

So I have an issue (yes, insert your perferred joke here), We need to run Novak 25.5 Ballistics correct, are they all the same. Novak seems to be making so many upgrades and optional parts for their motors, do they do the same for the 25.5? Are we allowed to run anything as long as it's a Novak 25.5?

Also, I don't own any tire or bodies of this type. Everything that I own is more the Modified Sedan type stuff. I am thinking of getting the 26mm X patterns for the car, again what would we do about inserts and rims. Obivious we are going for a "scale" type of look but I would appreciate some pointers as to aviod going to outside the spirit of the rules.

Same thing with body. The body style that team Mason will be running is really nice, I came accross a Audi R8 Lemans entry sedan with Big Ole wing kinda like Team Masons Ferrari, but this is not like a Mazda speed 6 or anything like that. Would like some imput here as well.

Anyone watching the Rolex 24 hour race?

Steve
Old 01-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Here's the body....

http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...roduct_id=1700

It's on Backorder, but is this Ok if I find it elsewhere
Old 01-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Hey Steve, I have that body all painted up that I ran at TCS. It's painted in The old Martini livery. It's also the concourse winner from that race too. I'll donate it to the cause, since I won't be able to make it. You'll just need to punch some headlights and tail lights in it. I'll bring it Saturday if you want to look at it!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Hey Steve, I have that body all painted up that I ran at TCS. It's painted in The old Martini livery. It's also the concourse winner from that race too. I'll donate it to the cause, since I won't be able to make it. You'll just need to punch some headlights and tail lights in it. I'll bring it Saturday if you want to look at it!
Yes, I would love to look at it. I love love love the Martini livery. Does it have holes drilled in it?
Old 01-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by corallyman
So I have an issue (yes, insert your perferred joke here), We need to run Novak 25.5 Ballistics correct, are they all the same. Novak seems to be making so many upgrades and optional parts for their motors, do they do the same for the 25.5? Are we allowed to run anything as long as it's a Novak 25.5?

Also, I don't own any tire or bodies of this type. Everything that I own is more the Modified Sedan type stuff. I am thinking of getting the 26mm X patterns for the car, again what would we do about inserts and rims. Obivious we are going for a "scale" type of look but I would appreciate some pointers as to aviod going to outside the spirit of the rules.

Same thing with body. The body style that team Mason will be running is really nice, I came accross a Audi R8 Lemans entry sedan with Big Ole wing kinda like Team Masons Ferrari, but this is not like a Mazda speed 6 or anything like that. Would like some imput here as well.

Anyone watching the Rolex 24 hour race?

Steve
Steve, your on the right track on the body. Realistic looking bodies is within the spirit of the class. HPI also has a cool line of realistic bodies. Get one you and your team would like to see race around the track. Handling of the body is secondary.

As far as the motor goes, when I bought mine I just picked the first one off the shelf I saw. I literally walked into RC Hobbies and grabbed it off the shelf. I believe the 25.5 motors are all the same. It is their spec motor so it would be silly to make upgrades for something they are trying to keep the same. As in anything I'm sure there are some a little faster then others but if you watch the class, and as a racer in the class, it seems to me they are all REALLY close to the same. The difference is always gearing and driving. I gear mine for the infield, some gear for the straight. I realize that there are always people modifiying their stuff. The spirit of this race is to have fun, I hope nobody feels the need to try and bend the rules to try and win this one. For the enduro I am not going to tear apart motors to make sure wire is the right size, that circut boards are over soldered, rotors have been stuffed up an alien's nose or whatever people are doing to them. I'll leave that up to the integrity of each team, and I believe hear in the northwest, our onroad drivers have the highest integrity.

I hope that makes your decision easier. Someone may be willing to lend you a motor as well. We have a couple motors and I have offered mine to Team Taxdahl so they do not have to buy one.

Don't over think this. This is a race for fun. If it goes well we will do more next season. We have kept the cost way down so try and spend as little as possible and come out for some fun!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

I already had a 17.5 ballistic, so I just bought a 25.5 stator for $35
Old 01-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Fear the Deathmobile!

Last edited by T-Hawk; 11-19-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by corallyman
Yes, I would love to look at it. I love love love the Martini livery. Does it have holes drilled in it?
It does have holes drilled for the Ta06 that I ran, but the body holes for that car are more narrow than most, so you should be able to make it work.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
U can drive the barstool for six hours
Ohmygod yes!

..... Would take me six hours for a clean lap at Nora

Where'd you buy the 25.5 stator? I haven't found one

I would love to participate, just gotta plan the schedule
Old 01-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Amain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.