Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Official Top Gear Hobbies PDX offroad track thread >

Official Top Gear Hobbies PDX offroad track thread

Official Top Gear Hobbies PDX offroad track thread

Old 10-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcplus
One of the reason for the change from tue night is to no conflict with us here at rcplus as we have been racing that day for 15 years somthing that jim for some reason decided not to consider! Albany is most likly going to thursday night if top gear runs wednesday and cottage grove is going to fri nights. That way all the tracks can have people travel!
sound reasoning right there Ron!

cant wait to come race in Oregon!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I left offroad racing because im in the car buisness and work every single weekend. a mon-tue race night would be absolutely awesome and get me back on board and spending some money lol
Old 10-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by rcplus
One of the reason for the change from tue night is to no conflict with us here at rcplus as we have been racing that day for 15 years somthing that jim for some reason decided not to consider! Albany is most likly going to thursday night if top gear runs wednesday and cottage grove is going to fri nights. That way all the tracks can have people travel!
Thursday has been the usual racenight for our carpet compadres to the north at Timezone as well and there are some who go both ways so to speak lol. I personally like Wednesday nights.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

hey everyone im very excited to see portland will still be on the map Congrats Tom.
I have a couple questions if someone doesnt mind helping out.
I left PRCR when my daughter was born 2 years ago at the time SC was becoming big,
Is SC the way to go if i want to get back into this? I raced buggy and truck and never had an SC.
Is the Tekin Redline stuff out dated now or would it still be able to compete well?
Old 10-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zshaver05
hey everyone im very excited to see portland will still be on the map Congrats Tom.
I left PRCR when my daughter was born 2 years ago at the time SC was becoming big,
Is SC the way to go if i want to get back into this? I raced buggy and truck and never had an SC.
Is the Tekin Redline stuff out dated now or would it still be able to compete well?
You can almost guarantee there will always be a Stock SC and a 4x4 SC class around here. As for the motor, I think you will be fine.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I personally really like the race days and times you have announced on your website. Looking forward to getting back in.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

The biggest class is stock buggy on almost every night. Now mod is growing too
Old 10-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by the big rc
The biggest class is stock buggy on almost every night. Now mod is growing too
i was very excited to see this track staying open but i work wednesdays and saturdays so i guess im out lol good luck everyone
Old 10-24-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

i was very excited to see this track staying open but i work wednesdays and saturdays so i guess im out lol good luck everyone
You just never know what is going to happen, stay tuned!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Im staying tuned!!!!

With this wait and no racing, my cars will probably be rebuilt a few times before the 7th!

Whatevers happening over at TGH, keep up the good work!!!! It's appreciated!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I vote for an earlier start time on Saturdays. If racing starts around 1 it will still give remote people the chance to attend, and will allow them to get home at a reasonable time.

J
Old 10-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hurt'n4SomeDirt
I vote for an earlier start time on Saturdays. If racing starts around 1 it will still give remote people the chance to attend, and will allow them to get home at a reasonable time.

J
WORD!!!!
+1

K
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Im in for saturday I like starting a little later as well why dont we meet in the middle some like a later start some like earlier...I seen 1 pm and 5 pm how about going in the middle at 3pm ? Might work out just a thought

Dwaine
Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Congratulations Tom. I am very happy you are taking on the task.

As far as race days I am sure you will figure it out and most will adapt. I would say you might look at adding a 3rd raceday. Maybe shortcourse only or a series night or something. I know TRCR races 4 days a week.

Good luck and let us all know when you need some help. I will do my best to try to make a work party.

Troy
Old 10-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
Congratulations Tom. I am very happy you are taking on the task.

As far as race days I am sure you will figure it out and most will adapt. I would say you might look at adding a 3rd raceday. Maybe shortcourse only or a series night or something. I know TRCR races 4 days a week.

Good luck and let us all know when you need some help. I will do my best to try to make a work party.

Troy
The idea of a third race day for sc only just blew my mind.

Mod and 10.5 super stock for entry fees and supporting the shop?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.