Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
CGRC Indoor Dirt Offroad Raceway (Cottage Grove Oregon) >

CGRC Indoor Dirt Offroad Raceway (Cottage Grove Oregon)

CGRC Indoor Dirt Offroad Raceway (Cottage Grove Oregon)

Old 06-20-2015, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

If most of your newer customers bought cars that excel on high bite during the winter, it might make sense to stay high bite year round. The added expense of having a rear motor car might be driving people away. Have you ever considered moving your race day back to Saturday's as well?
Old 06-25-2015, 07:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone up for racing tomorrow? Jerry Rude...
Old 06-26-2015, 06:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default track change

Well, speaking from a strictly financial viewpoint, we could make a multi use space by going astroturf/carpet. I know, I know. Dirt is better, but expensive and time consuming to maintain. Just my two cents.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We will be racing tonight at 7pm. As far as the program and track are concerned, there is a lot more going on here behind the scenes than can be explained on this forum. I appreciate everyone's input and thoughts on the matter of the track and schedule. Racing has to stay on Friday nights at this time, as you know we are a dual purpose business here and this time of year the motorcycle side is much busier than the RC side. Saturday is one of the busiest days for business this time of year and I have to be available to work the sales floor, which makes running a race program impossible. During the fall and winter season, RC picks up and motorcycles slow down which makes it logical to run the Wed and Sat race program. As far as the track itself is concerned, I am open to any ideas and help to do what the racers would like to see. We went to a low bite loose track last summer and it was pretty successful, as a lot of guys go up north to race outdoor during the summer and having a local place to test and tune for similar conditions is nice. This summer has been up and down...it started out very strong and has slowed down some. I see the industry changing all the time and with this year's worlds being on a turf track it becomes more apparent what direction it is going. I personally love racing on dirt, I am from the old school, but the current trend of super high bite clay tracks is starting to go towards carpet and turf because it makes more economic sense. It is more consistent than dirt will ever be and that is what guys are looking for...consistency and speed. I know how much money and work goes into maintaining an indoor clay track. It is hard enough to be successful in this business, especially in a low population area. I don't know what the solution is, but I am doing the best I can. I hope to see some racers showing up to race and not just talking...that's the first step to any kind of change or solution.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

and with that .......RACE ON!!!
Old 06-30-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Rookie

I don't come out much and prefer dirt but would be happy to race on anything. Racing is racing, if I lived in an area where the only thing that was raced was lawn mowers then I guess I'd build one. Hight bite clay or carpet, whatever you decide running on will do.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Track Change

We will be doing a track change tomorrow, if any one has any free time. Brandon and I were there this afternoon and pulled the pipe, and flattened the track.I don't think we can be done in 1 day, but we are going to get a jump on it. I am hoping to have it ready to race a week from Friday. I'll be there about 9. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by Cfconcrete
We will be doing a track change tomorrow, if any one has any free time. Brandon and I were there this afternoon and pulled the pipe, and flattened the track.I don't think we can be done in 1 day, but we are going to get a jump on it. I am hoping to have it ready to race a week from Friday. I'll be there about 9. Thanks.
I'm open on Saturday....PM sent
Old 07-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Track change half done. Track should be ready for Friday!
Old 07-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

I'm at the track if anyone has time to help. Happy 4th!
Old 07-05-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

I'm at the track if anyone wants to help.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Track change is done! Let's see if we can groove this track Friday. Bring your clay tires, I think they will work.
Attached Thumbnails CGRC Indoor Dirt Offroad Raceway (Cottage Grove Oregon)-image.jpg  

Last edited by Cfconcrete; 07-05-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cfconcrete
Track change is done! Let's see if we can groove this track Friday. Bring your clay tires, I think they will work.
Chuck is a bad ass!!! just sayin and to anyone else thank you also
Old 07-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Track looks killer Chuck....gave her a good sweep and some water today should take a groove within a few laps!!!
Old 07-09-2015, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Dave. I ran a few laps yesterday. I think the track will groove with some sauce and rubber. Track is not very difficult, it should be pretty fast. lets get a good turn out Friday! If anybody runs on it today, please sweep and water. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.