Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
CGRC Indoor Dirt Offroad Raceway (Cottage Grove Oregon) >

CGRC Indoor Dirt Offroad Raceway (Cottage Grove Oregon)

CGRC Indoor Dirt Offroad Raceway (Cottage Grove Oregon)

Old 10-31-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks for the update Brad.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys have some Pics?
Old 11-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

current update on track status

HVAC guys and water from the roof has caused some damage on the track and it will not be ready to run this weekend yet, but should still be on schedule for the 9th

thanks for your patience as the track is looking so good.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Well hopefully not to much damage. Can't wait to make it up.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Wow this is cool congrats on the dirt guys!

looks like there is lots of racing in the nw now
tue rcplus
wed top gear
thursday santiam???tz onroad
fri cottage grove
sat lots of choices and sunday also!

Its going to be a great season! First race of the I5 series is this weekend! hope to see ya there!

Ron
Old 11-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

here is a teaser
Attached Thumbnails CGRC Indoor Dirt Offroad Raceway (Cottage Grove Oregon)-cgrc.jpg  
Old 11-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Wow that looks good. Any idea what the composition of the dirt is, i.e. what percentage clay?

I'd love to see some Tuesday night racing there as well.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

When is the first scheduled race going to be? I'm looking forward to making it down there.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Default First race

I believe Friday is the schedules first race. Levi we need confirmation on this asap please.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got to put some laps on CGRC's new track. The track lay out is driver friendly. It is a track that will build racers confidence. I was running my B4.1 with a 10.5 and a carpet setup with DD's on back and hole shot on front. The track is smooth enough that the stiffer suspension was not an issue. The track is new and I'm sure that soon a tire in the barcode arena will be the tire of choice, for now you can't go wrong with a hole shot, double dee type tire. Traction started coming in quickly and even with just one buggy ran on it, it has traction as good, if not better than Daves RC. At first my 10.5 was a little much but as the track started to develope it be came easier to to push it. I can see an 8.5 in my future.
The design of the track is such that it almost corn marshals it's self I put a complete battery pack on it and ony had to flip my car over a few times. The drivers stand is taller than what other tracks around here have, but it is perfect. you have a good view every where and corner marshalls creating bling spots shouldn't be an issue.
Brad and his crew has created a very nice race facility that they should be proud of. I suggest that you go down to CGRC and put some laps down. The next I5 series is at CGRC on the first and I expect it to be the best one sense the series start last year. The track is fast is is going to be fun to race.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stu541
I believe Friday is the schedules first race. Levi we need confirmation on this asap please.
Yes
We r racing tomorrow night
See u there thanks

Brad
Old 11-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by glen
I got to put some laps on CGRC's new track. The track lay out is driver friendly. It is a track that will build racers confidence. I was running my B4.1 with a 10.5 and a carpet setup with DD's on back and hole shot on front. The track is smooth enough that the stiffer suspension was not an issue. The track is new and I'm sure that soon a tire in the barcode arena will be the tire of choice, for now you can't go wrong with a hole shot, double dee type tire. Traction started coming in quickly and even with just one buggy ran on it, it has traction as good, if not better than Daves RC. At first my 10.5 was a little much but as the track started to develope it be came easier to to push it. I can see an 8.5 in my future.
The design of the track is such that it almost corn marshals it's self I put a complete battery pack on it and ony had to flip my car over a few times. The drivers stand is taller than what other tracks around here have, but it is perfect. you have a good view every where and corner marshalls creating bling spots shouldn't be an issue.

Brad and his crew has created a very nice race facility that they should be proud of. I suggest that you go down to CGRC and put some laps down. The next I5 series is at CGRC on the first and I expect it to be the best one sense the series start last year. The track is fast is is going to be fun to race.
Thanks Glen
Really looking forward to everyone coming out tomorrow night
Old 11-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MarkA
Wow that looks good. Any idea what the composition of the dirt is, i.e. what percentage clay?

I'd love to see some Tuesday night racing there as well.
About 25% clay
Very clean dirt with little to none rocks
Dirt was very expensive
If track holds up well we will leave it
If not we will add clay if needed
Old 11-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by B rad919
About 25% clay
Very clean dirt with little to none rocks
Dirt was very expensive
If track holds up well we will leave it
If not we will add clay if needed
Brad, thanks again for making this happen and for always wanting the best facility possible!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stu541
Brad, thanks again for making this happen and for always wanting the best facility possible!!!!!!
For sure

Hope to see you tonight

Please spread the word to all the guys down South

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.