Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005-6 ECT Changes

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Also why not include Eddies new track in there somewhere? Would this possible?
Old 04-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds like me Eddie, I got 3 kids, fiance, I play Softball in the summer and also the 2 girls do dance class and the boy is going to be doing Karate, then hmmmm add in doing motors, prepping for racing and racing. Well that explains the bald spot I am getting - LMAO!
Old 04-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I talked to Brian a bit after the series ended about my track being part of the series.....he seemed interested.

I'll have some photos up this weekend of the offroad track.....it's turning out really good....everyone has touched the clay says its gonna give very good traction. It's been in a building for over a week now with 70+ degree temps and its still nice and moist....you will have a tough time finiding a rock in it...

We should be building the 40 foot long 12+ feet high drivers stand next week.....

Later EddieO
Old 04-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Cant wait!

So I am assuming Red Taper Pins all the way around on truck?

What are the hours?

I want to come up for a weekend and just practice.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

We don't really know yet, as we have yet to run on it.....but Phelps said that will probably be the hot tire. It's a river bed clay, pulled straight out of the ground just for the track......its nice and sticky.

As for hours, we don't know yet.....I do think we will be running on it this weekend for fun....probably have to use a truck for a drivers stand!

Later EddieO
Old 04-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

i vote for peel it raceway to be in the series next year i know that dirt is going to rock with jeff helping plus i don't see how you can even take a vote for 10 minute mains the only reason 10 minutes is being ran now at tacoma is because business is slow for the summer so they are just adding some excitment to the place but anyways i don't see how you can run 10 minute mains for this series the average was 70 entries for each race and it was atleast 8-9 hours of racing think about it that was with 5 minute mains that means 8-9 hours times 2 16-18 hours of racing ummm i don't think so there was people complaning because the races got over at 9:00pm so brian you should really think before you post a vote like that and george you need to think a little more clearly before blowing the 10 minutes out of portion 10 minutes suck heck even 8 minutes suck i know i raced it plus corning sucks.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds like slicks might be the hot ticket.

Johhny.
10 min mains are awesome!

You trippin.

PS try using some punctuation.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

I think we should look into a Grammar and English test for team drivers.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Slicks won't be allowed.....so don't bring em...

Peel it raceway is gonna have some unique tire rules to keep everyone on the same playing field while keeping costs down.

Later EddieO
Old 04-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if by unique tire rules you mean using a tire that dosent work but lasts a long time ...... how lame
Old 04-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Can you define unique tire rules?
Old 04-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default GUESS WHO

sorry guys couldn't resist. i'm just lovin it............

I`m speaking for the health of racing in the whole region.....

Dave , I understand your trying to be ahead of the world & all with the extended race times..

Don`t you think it would be better to conform to Roar rules?

I would think having a constistant racing program that conforms to Roar rules would only incourage others to travel & run at Fantasy. And for that matter, it would also help the other racing programs in the region...

Having ALL the on-road facilitys & off-road, use similar rules would only help our local racer`s developement in our regions racing program ..... (A good thing)

A racer`s opinion.....

i guess this is what happens when you express an opinion when you have no idea what your talking about,

Old 04-29-2005, 10:02 PM
TSB
Tech Master

Everyone brings up some really good points

10 Minute Mains --- hmmm I think that is a big stretch but it is up to the racers and the tracks

Novice Points- I missed it once and I will NOT make that mistake again.

Results - I am Buying a scanner so I can email the results straight to Dave next season. I DID drop the ball on that.

Universal Rules- I like that idea and as far as I know there is NO Tire rule at all... It is up to all tracks to agree on a tire rule. I am sure peel it can fallow rules that are apart of the ECT. :-)

I am going to start working up a schedule that should impress and expand the ECT

Brian Phillips
Old 04-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Why would I use a long lasting tire that gave no traction?

Long an the short of it....no slicks, no cut tires, no prototype tires.....and there will be a set tire list you can run (there will be multiple choices in multiple compounds)....

Of all the people who have come up to the track that I have talked, seem to like the rule....makes tire selection a little easier, while keeping the playing field as fair as possible and keeping costs down.

Still needs some fine tuning.....but in the end, the average racer will like it....I guess the guys sponsored by Panther might not like it....

I don't think you need universal rules....consistent rules however will make things easier.

Later EddieO
Old 04-30-2005, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Eddie,

So what you are saying if I'm reading it right, is your track is going to dictate what tires can be run?

And why would us Panther guys not like it, Are Panther tires not going to be allowed? And if so Why?

Torry Hadley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.