Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 season @ Timezone Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default 2012 season @ Timezone Raceway Park

Hey guys good morning, what about tyres for the IGT class will it be open tyres this year???
that is what my concern is that many people that travel run different tyres and should we open the tyre rule and leave the motors alone.

your thoughts

Rick
Old 03-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fabman
Hey guys good morning, what about tyres for the IGT class will it be open tyres this year???
that is what my concern is that many people that travel run different tyres and should we open the tyre rule and leave the motors alone.

your thoughts

Rick
I personaly think to spice things up a bit we should have a tire like the full size F1's do. i think its like a softer set and the drivers get to choose when to put them on like beg. of race or end of race??? also are there any rules about a center diff?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Connor B.
I personaly think to spice things up a bit we should have a tire like the full size F1's do. i think its like a softer set and the drivers get to choose when to put them on like beg. of race or end of race??? also are there any rules about a center diff?
Connor! go to school!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

your thoughts

Rick
Im game for open tIres
Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
Connor! go to school!
i am at school and am very bored!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default IGT Tires

I think our IGT racing should have open tires throughout the season. We all share info and it lets everyone try different options.

As far as the TZGP I am leaning toward a spec tire and here's why. I read the race report in Peru last week. By the second round all driver's were using Alpha tires. They were using a super soft Alpha tire that lasts roughly 15 minutes of track time. In the main they were running a combination of medium and soft Alpha tires.

If we don't have a spec tire be prepared to be racing against guys who are using a new set of supersofts everyone run. I am open to whatever is decided, but I do think if you want it cheap make it a spec tire.

T
Old 03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
I think our IGT racing should have open tires throughout the season. We all share info and it lets everyone try different options.

As far as the TZGP I am leaning toward a spec tire and here's why. I read the race report in Peru last week. By the second round all driver's were using Alpha tires. They were using a super soft Alpha tire that lasts roughly 15 minutes of track time. In the main they were running a combination of medium and soft Alpha tires.

If we don't have a spec tire be prepared to be racing against guys who are using a new set of supersofts everyone run. I am open to whatever is decided, but I do think if you want it cheap make it a spec tire.

T
good point
Old 03-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Yes to spec tires. we were seeing great life out of the sweeps.

Jeff
Old 03-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

your thoughts

Rick
you running IGT?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

no Andy, just seeing what the guys want for the IGT class this year so we can post rules for the TZGP flyer so there is not any changes after we post it.

Rick
Old 03-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Default Tires

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune

T
I would like to see the spec tires too. Keep in mind availabilty will be a issue as well. Mark and Rick have done a great job of providing tires and fuel (for all classes)... I am sure that Mark does not want to try to carry all the different brands.. Sweep has been good to us, I will stay loyal to my track owner, my parts suppier and to the locals that want a inexspensive alternitive to other nitro classes.... remember why we started this.... So new people can have fun with us....
We had great racing last year...some door to door action with a lot of laughs and high fives, with few drivers that would not have taken the nitro plunge. We are also getting some interest from the Seattle Folks!
One last note... Even when people traveled in were ok with the spec tire...
Keep on smiling.... see you bitches at the track!
Old 03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Connor.. how are you going to afford to keep up with a open tire rule?????

Get back to class!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
Connor.. how are you going to afford to keep up with a open tire rule?????

Get back to class!!!
I will find a way trust me...

Also im sorry i have absolutely nothing to do in my auto 3 class "basicly a 2/6 period class" to do just auto projects such as my rc car .
so i have plenty of time to surf the net durring school.

I still have a question about the open motor rule and the center diff?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Nothing to do in auto class....thats just wrong...lol
Old 03-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

I will find a way trust me...

Also im sorry i have absolutely nothing to do in my auto 3 class "basicly a 2/6 period class" to do just auto projects such as my rc car .
so i have plenty of time to surf the net durring school.

I still have a question about the open motor rule and the center diff?
YOU ARE KILLING ME SMALLS! Your center "diff" is your two speed clutch, what are you trying to do? your ofna .28 is a spec motor which is just fine for you, I run one too and put the wood to cletes car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.