Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Pacific NW Showdown Round #2 Portland RC Raceway FEB.11th >

Pacific NW Showdown Round #2 Portland RC Raceway FEB.11th

Pacific NW Showdown Round #2 Portland RC Raceway FEB.11th

Old 01-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pacific NW Showdown Round #2 Portland RC Raceway FEB.11th

Get ready for round #2 of the Pacific NW Showdown. Let's see if we can hit 200 entry's at Portland after a awesome start to the season at Tacoma RC Raceway. Do not miss this race it will be exciting and a fun time for all. If you have questions about rules and race dates please look at the official Pacific NW Showdown page. THANKS!

I want to thank everyone for showing up to Round #1 of the Pacific NW Showdown series. Thank you to ORCA, Fusion Graphix, High Velocity, Associated, AKA and JConcepts. Thank you to Scott Brown and the Tacoma RC Raceway crew that put on a great show. We had 194 entries at the first Showdown race that sets the entry record for any Northwest RC indoor touring series. Everything went smooth and I could not have asked for a better way to start the Showdown series. It was so cool to be a part of the mains and hearing all the cheering for the mains. That was awesome! After the 4wd A-2 Luke Smith, who finished second, turned to me and said "What just happened?" During the A-2 Michael Schoettler, Luke Smith and I all had the lead in the last minute of the race, and we all had a chance to take the #1 plate home. People loved the double mains and in most of them it came down to whoever finished first in the A-2 won the race. I got a lot of good feedback on the 8 min. B mains and as usual they had the most guys who had a shot for the bump-ups from the back of the pack. Next up is Round #2 at Portland. Spread the good word about the Showdown and see if maybe we can hit 200 entries! I would like to get a list of people who need to share hotel rooms and carpool to Portland, helping as many people travel to Portland next month as I can. Also, we will have our first batch of #1 red plates from Fusion Graphix for our point leaders. They will be fun. If the point leader is not at the race they will no longer be the point leader when Quals start, so whoever is next in line at the race will put the #1 plate on their car. I'm ready for Portland! It will be a fun race! Let the BATTLE continue! I will have race photos from the Tacoma race up here, and on RC Tech, within the next week. Friday, I have to get a flash drive from TRCR with a bunch of race shots on it.

Thanks!

Marty Barnes

Last edited by snakebarnes960; 01-20-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I cant wait! I still haven't been to PRCR since they changed the track. Should be awesome!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default PRCR Feb 11th

Fellow Racers,

The Monarch has once again secured special rates for us... The price is $79.00 for a King or Double Queen. You'll need to reference PRCR or Pacific NW Showdown when making your reservations to get the special rate. The Monarch has a restaurant/bar on-site, they are close to other restaurants (sorry, not the Acrop) too, and only 3 miles from the track.

MONARCH HOTEL
12566 Southeast 93rd Avenue
Portland/Clackamas, OR 97015-9760
(503) 652-1515
1-800-492-8700

See you in three weeks!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

Check out how nice the Portland RC Raceway is! Round #2 Feb.11th.
Thanks for providing us with such a nice race track for the Showdown.

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Pacific NW Showdown Round #2 Portland RC Raceway FEB.11th-portland-flyer.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Pacific NW Showdown Round #2 Portland RC Raceway FEB.11th-portland.jpg   Pacific NW Showdown Round #2 Portland RC Raceway FEB.11th-portland3.jpg   Pacific NW Showdown Round #2 Portland RC Raceway FEB.11th-portland5.jpg  
Old 01-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'm counting down the days...Going to be EPIC!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey marty that was our old layout on the ooooollllldddddddddd track!

heres our last years invitaional layout!

as you can see BIGGER AND BETTER
Attached Thumbnails Pacific NW Showdown Round #2 Portland RC Raceway FEB.11th-new-layout-6-21-11-300x225.jpg  
Old 01-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Nealeigh
hey marty that was our old layout on the ooooollllldddddddddd track!

heres our last years invitaional layout!

as you can see BIGGER AND BETTER

I thought the last years Portland ECT layout was the funnest layout I ever raced on...Even though it was on the smaller configuration. Had the jump up after the straight and then down 3 stepdowns. it was cool...
Old 01-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

I got a question, So we can't run tires that have already been sauced at PRCR???
Old 01-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Shirk
I got a question, So we can't run tires that have already been sauced at PRCR???
The house rule is No sauced tires. Please respect the tracks rule and do not sause. Some people have strong reactions to the chemicals in tire sauce. I hope all tracks will soon go to this rule. The track has a tire sniffer that will detect tire sause. Not sure how many weeks a tire has to sit without being sauced to pass the test. If your tire fails you can not use and please leave it in your car in the parking lot. The track will have someone checking tires. Please respect them they have the rule to protect all of us and want to make our hobby as safe as they can.

Thanks

Marty
Old 01-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default tires

Speaking about tires what tires are the mod guys running down there? I herd somthing about rebars being the best. But what about inserts? And are rebars really the best for front and rear?
Old 01-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JPKinsella
Speaking about tires what tires are the mod guys running down there? I herd somthing about rebars being the best. But what about inserts? And are rebars really the best for front and rear?
most guys have been running BK bars rebars as far as fronts go scrubs taper pins vektors etc...

and if you have sauced tires i think if you just wash them REALLY good simple green them you can run them.. double check to make sure though.

nealeigh!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shirk
I would be more worried about guys trying to get away with running a different compound tire in the stock classes for example BLUE instead of GOLD.

With all due respect, the sniffer is kind of a joke. But in past experience everyone has done a great job respecting the rules regarding tire sauce and/or presauced tires.

Portland is an awesome facility lots of talented friendly racers. Strongly urge everyone to attend round #2 of the Showdown at PRCR worth the trip!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snakebarnes960
I hope all tracks will soon go to this rule.

I really wish all tracks would adopt this rule. I know the past few years sauce has never bother me. But this year almost every day after racing I drive home with a headache and feeling all stuffed up. It doesn't effect me enough to not race, or sauce as its crucial to do. Although I know for some the effect on them is worse.

Sorry I dont want to create a new debate. Just my opinion. I support PRCR and their stance on the rule.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Legend

I love the smell of wintergreen early in the morning .....

smells
like R/c racing..
Old 01-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

I have another question, if I run new tires unsauced at TRCR to break them in will they pass the sniff test???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.