Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by n9netn9ne
Haha yeah so they are a little heavy
and tons-o-fun too
Old 09-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrathfull
Hey all, I am planning to come out to the races for the novice or stock SC class, but was wondering, what kind of tires are good for the track? thanks in advance
Suburbs work good too..
Old 09-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

rebars seem to be working good too, gold bar codes. Suburbs work good on 1/8 i didn't like them on 1/10 stuff but i havn't tried them for sc yet. I don't think you can go wrong with bar codes.

Dude, have you and mike decided on a layout yet?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah i am probably going to use barcodes, is it true the novice class is a bit crazy?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

not if your out front its not bad though
Old 09-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wrathfull
Yeah i am probably going to use barcodes, is it true the novice class is a bit crazy?
We all started in novice and provided our share of havoc. Novice here should be similar to novice at any track. One thing I noticed last season was decent driver etiquette in novice class. There may be some new racers this year who have never raced before.

Key to novice is to learn car handling, predicting what the cars surrounding you are going to do, and keeping it on all fours even if it means driving slower and in the middle of the pipes.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

and you can always race novice your first race and see how it goes and if you feel you need to move up do so. The first race on the 22nd is non series points so that would be a good time to do it.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GasserX
We all started in novice and provided our share of havoc. Novice here should be similar to novice at any track. One thing I noticed last season was decent driver etiquette in novice class. There may be some new racers this year who have never raced before.

Key to novice is to learn car handling, predicting what the cars surrounding you are going to do, and keeping it on all fours even if it means driving slower and in the middle of the pipes.
Are you able to switch classes during the season?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

yes, you just can't go back down to novice once you step into another class i don't think
Old 09-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by n9netn9ne
yes, you just can't go back down to novice once you step into another class i don't think
Yeah i got a few weeks to think about it, so i still have time to decide, I do understand about starting in the novice, so if i could switch i might do that.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

You can change from novice to stock, but you most likely will lose your points (for the series). Not only will it affect your point’s score, but hurt your chances for Hawaii raffle tickets.

Like 99 said, best to try novice in the "warm-up" race Oct 22. Nov 5 is the next raceday, which also starts the point series.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

You can change from novice to stock, but you most likely will lose your points (for the series). Not only will it affect your point’s score, but hurt your chances for Hawaii raffle tickets.

Like 99 said, best to try novice in the "warm-up" race Oct 22. Nov 5 is the next raceday, which also starts the point series.
Yeah thats a good idea, thanks dude.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

I bought a used SC10 for my son to use, and I ordered a RS RTR for myself but it turns out the used one has better electronics. I am wondering if i can use my ORCA VRITRA VTC PRO SPEC MK2 V2.1 ESC but modify the settings so it can qualify as a esc i could use in the novice. Otherwise id use the one that comes with the RTR, can anyone help?
Old 09-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

and tons-o-fun too
Is there a max weight limit on the track?
Old 09-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Okay, here is how i run the points as far as novice is concerned. say you do 3 races in novice and then decide to move to the stock or mod class of your car. i will delete your novice scores for those 3 races and give you last place points for the class you are moving into for those 3 races. this way you still get your required races for that class for overall season points.

as far as your chances for the hawaii trip, you changing classes has no effect on that. since the final season points will show you doing the required 7 races in that class.

this only affects the novice guys and gals. they are the only ones i will move points over for, a example is if you start in stock and move to mod, i will not move points. i will only move points for novice moving out of novice.

Also if Matt or I notice a novice driver killing the novice class and running laps close to the other class times we may ask you to move also. hope this answers a few questions........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.