Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

if there isn't 7 they won't run
Old 10-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Not meaning to be overly pessimistic...But,

Originally posted by Mike Dana
if there isn't 7 they won't run
Is it going to be seven entry minimum at the pre-registration cut-off date...OR...Do I have to drive six hours to Round five before I find out I don't get to race?
Old 10-27-2004, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

(seriously, not trying to be a smart-ass here)

or you could make a phone call,

or you could race more than one class,

or (and best idea yet) you could make sure your racing buddies pre-enter

I know there is a special place in your heart for that last one and it's obviously not directed toward you IBEX Trust me the hosts feel your pre-entry pain as well. Those that don't pre-enter have never had the joy of putting on an event and understanding just how much of a pain it the ass it causes the hosts.

Speaking of which, every venue will have online entries for '05. Considering the hosts WILL be limiting entries, I suspect each round will sell-out on pre-entries. So you should have plenty of notice.

(now back to the main question at hand) There are multiple points to this position the NCT and hosts have taken on this topic (and maybe one or more of them will chime in here on this thread as well):

Considering the timeframes the NCT is trying to maintain we will not be running, nor offering trophies for classes that cannot fill up at least 1 heat. Considering all of the electric classes now have bumps that is 8 cars.

So...why 7 you ask???

Considering the lack of volunteer corner marshalls for those classes that were lucky enough to be run right after the less supported classes, they either got to wait, and wait, and wait for volunteers (while each time it pushed the program farther and farther behind on the time table) only to end up running with insufficient marshalls on the track anyway. 7 turn marshalls was the agreed minimum necessary to offer a fair program for ALL classes, at ALL of the tracks on the schedule.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

sorry IBEX, after re-reading your post I didn't answer your question (and lord knows I'm not a politician so I wasn't meaning to dodge it) as presicely as I meant to.

I would suspect that if a particular class does not have 7 entries min at the pre-entry dealine.......and the race is "sold out" that class would be dropped and maybe an additionall heat of an "over-sold" class.....or maybe a heat of a class that has an alternate list would be added.

I would suspect that if the event is NOT sold out then it would be open until the entry deadline on Friday's pratice of that particular event or whenever that hosts decides to close entries.

I hope that answers your question.

Mike
Old 10-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

There is five months before the first race, plenty of time to get 7 mod buggies together, right? Who wants to watch 3 cars in a race? At a two day event?
Old 10-27-2004, 10:00 PM
TSB
Tech Master

Mike- Is there going to be a set format that the races will fallow to ensure that the triples will not be ran back to back?
Old 10-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

There is no set format. Each Host will run the classes in the order they desire that best suits their track. Electric and Nitro Mains will not be seperated. As far as back to back etc... Isn't that common sense? I'm sure all of your suggestions will be taken into consideration..............???
Old 10-28-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default JUST TO REITERATE

TSB- set format doesnt work the same for all tracks, The hosts have a good idea what works for their tracks, most of us have hosted several LARGE 2-day races,
- as far as not enough time for trips.... the example that i posted gives at least 1 hour of runtime, plus at least 1/2 hour of track maintenence inbetween. 1.5 hours should be ample time. that is also just 1 example.......
- As far as not enough time at the first shoot-out, Hmmmmm, that was 3 years ago, and there was 35 minutes between. we have learned alot since then,but, that should still be ample time. as DP stated
Plus, knowing about it now gives my plenty of time to get a second (decent) charger, another battery or two, and a spare motor.
Having these things would probably cure any time problems.
- bump-ups..... sweeet isnt it.

Ibex - Like mike has said, at least at RCCCW the class will be open until the entry deadline, wether it has 2 cars or 22 cars. BUT if there are not 7 registered by the deadline, or the race packs out, then the class will not run.

DP - you cannot combine classes, that will affect overall points for that series. besides the scoring nightmare. And qualifying issues.

Again, as mike stated, most races will sellout early, keep this in mind, get your entries in early.

corey

Last edited by crashin73; 10-28-2004 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now that we know about the minimum entries and such, there is no problem if you PRE-ENTER. It's good that the rule is what it is (I hadn't thought about marshalling), and that it's not flexible, that way you know for sure.

Best have another vehicle (or motor) ready to go in case the vehicle you were planning on running doesn't have a class. Then, even if the race isn't sold out when you leave Thursday evening, you can still switch to the other class when you get there, assuming there aren't 7 in your first class.

Having said that, all us electric guys better pony up and PRE-ENTER to help eachother out.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:16 PM
TSB
Tech Master

If I sign up and there is only 6 in Mod Buggy do I get a refund?
I am just looking for clarification...
Old 10-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up .................

If there are 6 signed up and you sign up, there would be seven, so, NO, you would not get a refund!
Old 10-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Ha!

It would be up to each individaul host to handle refunds on a case by case basis. Most don't, because your money is already spent on trophies, shirts, rental equipment and ear marked for other expenses. But again. that is up to the individual hosts. I'll say it again, you have five months to get 7.

TSB, which class do you forsee this being an issue? Let's take a pole right here. 2 mod buggy???

Since all hosts for next year will have on-line sign-ups, I am sure most will have a running total per class during pre-entry. Remember Spokane's cool system? You'll already know if a class is going to fill quickly or not.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

and as we hear they (Colin and RCCCS) are even improving it for '05

Damon,

I'm really interested in your thumper truck. When will it be operational? I'm hoping (weather dependant) to get some testing in at Sullivan and/or maybe Clarkston after I get back from Florida (mid November). Maybe we can hook up???

Last edited by Mike Dana; 10-28-2004 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:27 PM
TSB
Tech Master

I was just amased that IBEX had a great point... I was assuming that I was one of the 6... I am wanting to race 2 mod and 2 stock next season...
Old 10-28-2004, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sure. I have a thread for it http://forums.rcccs.com/index.php?showtopic=574 where I keep a work log of sorts. I'm just a few pieces away from firing it up for the first time, so we'll see. If you're going to do some off-roading mid-november, I would be interested, unless snow flies.

I plan on running 4mod at all NCT races I attend, and may also run 2mod buggy if I want to run 2 electric classes.

Last edited by DP-buggyboy; 10-28-2004 at 01:47 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.