Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle (and surrounding areas) racing scene? >

Seattle (and surrounding areas) racing scene?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle (and surrounding areas) racing scene?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Seattle (and surrounding areas) racing scene?

Hey all,

I'm considering relocating to Seattle from the Austin area of Texas. I've been offered a few jobs out there and from the few times I visited, I really liked it (that and I'm tired of the Texas heat/dustbowl).

In spite of the heat, the racing scene here is pretty vibrant, there's national and state level series and a lot of local club racing, what's it like out there? Is it similar?

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...-30-a-463.html

If you want dirt, you will have to go to Tacoma.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
Hey all,

I'm considering relocating to Seattle from the Austin area of Texas. I've been offered a few jobs out there and from the few times I visited, I really liked it (that and I'm tired of the Texas heat/dustbowl).

In spite of the heat, the racing scene here is pretty vibrant, there's national and state level series and a lot of local club racing, what's it like out there? Is it similar?

Thanks.
Well you found the Northwest Thread so thats a good start, as one of the biggest pot stirrers and general pain in asses let me welcome you to the Northwest. Don't let much of what you read here influence your racing in any way. There is a northwest track list thread posted at the top of this fourm, but a quick run down would be for on road would be 4seasons to the south in lacey, about a hour or so from seattle, great track, great guys, they have a indoor off road track and a outdoor pavement track, theres Fantasy World racing in Tacoma large outdoor pavement track, Fasttrac in Monroe outdoor pavement track, theres a track in lynnwood, (name escapes me at the moment) out door pavement track, all of these tracks are temp parking lot tracks, except for 4 seasons.
off road, again 4 seasons in lacey, bremerton (across the water) indoor super high bite clay track, slicks are a must there. TRCR in Tacoma indoor offroad, Area 52, extremly large outdoor off road track in carnation, J&S in Marysville is a outdoor off road track. they have Oval racing up north in Mt Veron, dirt and carpet, in the winter time when all the pavement tracks close up, theres the hanger 30 track in seattle. all good racing, all good tracks that offer different atompheres, classes, different paces of racing, some more laid back, some gotta go get er done.

hope that helps, what part of Texes you from, you know Andrew D.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:53 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
Well you found the Northwest Thread so thats a good start, as one of the biggest pot stirrers and general pain in asses let me welcome you to the Northwest. Don't let much of what you read here influence your racing in any way. There is a northwest track list thread posted at the top of this fourm, but a quick run down would be for on road would be 4seasons to the south in lacey, about a hour or so from seattle, great track, great guys, they have a indoor off road track and a outdoor pavement track, theres Fantasy World racing in Tacoma large outdoor pavement track, Fasttrac in Monroe outdoor pavement track, theres a track in lynnwood, (name escapes me at the moment) out door pavement track, all of these tracks are temp parking lot tracks, except for 4 seasons.
off road, again 4 seasons in lacey, bremerton (across the water) indoor super high bite clay track, slicks are a must there. TRCR in Tacoma indoor offroad, Area 52, extremly large outdoor off road track in carnation, J&S in Marysville is a outdoor off road track. they have Oval racing up north in Mt Veron, dirt and carpet, in the winter time when all the pavement tracks close up, theres the hanger 30 track in seattle. all good racing, all good tracks that offer different atompheres, classes, different paces of racing, some more laid back, some gotta go get er done.

hope that helps, what part of Texes you from, you know Andrew D.
I thought he stated he from Austin in Texas. just messing with you ....
btw welcome to NW.. Skypilot is a very helpful guy
Old 05-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

doesn't matter where hes from, he still might know Andrew, hell I'm from Washington and California and I know Andrew
Old 05-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm actually not from Texas, I moved here about 12 years ago as a result of a job offer. I'm originally from New Orleans.

Thanks for the run down. I did see the track list and actually went to the majority of the websites, although it seems like a fair number of the sites are down.

I primarily run 1/8th nitro and ebuggy, 4wd open SCT and various 1/10th classes (on indoor clay), 4wd buggy, 1/10th 4wd truck, 4wd SCT, etc.

So as long as I have a good place to race outdoor 1/8th nitro and indoor 1/10th, I'll be as happy as can be.

I used to race onroad years ago, if there's a big enough scene I may have to get back into that.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Area 52 probably suits your needs best.