Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Behind the scenes of the 2011-2012 "RC Exposed" Calendar Shoot

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow thanks monty I like how you say to leave it alone then offer your opinion right behind it...who's pissed.... just think the panty dropping thing is stoopid... but then again its probably coming from the land of arm band tattos, bad boy club stickers and driving fromt the track and not the stand...so i will go back to yelling at newb kids and throwing fits on the local level.....

So in the same right as dont like dont read... then i guess it would also characterize dont like my opinion, dont ask publicly for one...
Old 04-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monty c
everyone just needs to mellow out, its a stupid calendar, there is no nudity, heck i would say do a nude version, a PG13 version, and a G version for little johnny........

Don't forget the all-male version for Wild Cherry.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (97%+)

Originally Posted by JROCK4224
Wow thanks monty I like how you say to leave it alone then offer your opinion right behind it...who's pissed.... just think the panty dropping thing is stoopid... but then again its probably coming from the land of arm band tattos, bad boy club stickers and driving fromt the track and not the stand...so i will go back to yelling at newb kids and throwing fits on the local level.....

So in the same right as dont like dont read... then i guess it would also characterize dont like my opinion, dont ask publicly for one...

No worries you have voiced your openion over and over, every one understand where it is you stand or at least I do.

Monty C if this goes like we hope it does, next year we may very well do a "adult" version if there is enough request for it (my wife and business partner did not think it would sell as well) we will be doing more market research as we sell this version. We are already in the planning stages to shoot a PG version (no girls, just cars) for little timmy or the grown guys that dont like to look at girls.... Make sure to check out our facebook page for up to date info on the release date and launch party.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

I think what your doing is ok...,so what if you some panties and ankles with a grown mans rc car...,if ya don't like it don't buy it....even better don't look then you wont have anything to complain about....if your worried about kids getting their hands on it.....then keep it away from them....that is the supervising adults job... ,i say keep going with the calendar and do what ya want to....that's just my opinion... .now get back to something more serious like driving toy cars....haha
Old 04-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by totld1
I think what your doing is ok...,so what if you some panties and ankles with a grown mans rc car...,if ya don't like it don't buy it....even better don't look then you wont have anything to complain about....if your worried about kids getting their hands on it.....then keep it away from them....that is the supervising adults job... ,i say keep going with the calendar and do what ya want to....that's just my opinion... .now get back to something more serious like driving toy cars....haha
Will the rain ever stop around here, we get a few days of sun, I get everything ready to go practice and then it starts raining again. Thinking I need a boat.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Robs Pics
Don't forget the all-male version for Wild Cherry.
For your information , your tasteless
photographs show no talent or creativity ..

Just saying ....
Old 04-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

I hope this rain stops soon...,i think if track work and weather go good we might have a good day of practice....i hope
Old 04-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Just put up the 4 images to be voted on for the cover on our facebook page, while your there make sure to like the page for your chance to win a free calendar and get the latest updates.

www.facebook.com/littlejohndesign
Old 04-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Wanted to take the chance to post up a few of the shots that did not make the cut for the calendar, again these have had no post processing done to them (no need they will not be used).

Also we have selected the final four images that are contenders for the cover image, if you would please take a second and vote for which number is your favorite.

Cover shot images to vote on
Old 04-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

yeah tasteless on the cover is my vote so just pick one...anyone they all qualify...(To self under breath....why o why would you ever put that on the cover when you have decent images..)
Old 04-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

All of them are pretty bad IMO... put up 8 more. #3 is the only one I would even consider a keeper... the others would be right in the bin.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
All of them are pretty bad IMO... put up 8 more. #3 is the only one I would even consider a keeper... the others would be right in the bin.
#3 it is..... My short version of your answer would look like this .... My vote is for #3 Just messing around.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tq_racing
#3 it is..... My short version of your answer would look like this .... My vote is for #3 Just messing around.
Then Ill rephrase my answer... if i had to pick 1 picture for some kind of final product, the answer would be "none of the above"... The cover needs to be your best shot.. and if #3 is your best shot, then you're in trouble. Post 8 more, maybe there is a keeper in there.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like #3 and #4 (adjust the white balance a bit)

You might want to consider combining a number of images for the cover...including some face shots of the models...maybe 3 or 4 face shots to gain the interest of the viewer. A good set of eyes on a model can really draw in the interest of the viewer.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Rob, will take that into consideration, our original plan was to have all the models and RC's on site for one BIG shot, however we had to shoot over several days and with the models schedules and the owners of the RC's we just could not make it happen, so we decided to have fun with the cover.