Wiki Posts
Search

SANTIAM HOBBIES/RACEWAY THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA
Question I got about the race while I was at RCP last night and it applies to myself as well once I thought about it - can we use the indoor pit areas? I don't feel like deconstructing my workbench to haul that table out and not everyone has an easy-up, etc.
If you want to you can. I don't know how we could get race info relayed into the shop but that's something that I can work out tonight with Matt and Adam.

On a side note we have big orders coming in today and tomorrow so if you need parts or tires we should be set by Friday

Thanks for the support guys, let's have a fun weekend!!
Old 05-20-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes, you can use the indoor pits. We have no problem with that.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Tech Rookie

My wife (Lisa)is also racing in either sc or novice. We plan on camping friday night but not sat. But staying for BBQ and bonfire.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Default 5/23/2015 Results

Thanks to every one who came out yesterday!! Sorry to the two heats of classes that accidently got ran 5 minutes. I'm a bit rusty on the computer but i have fixed all the classes so we won't have any more issues.

good battles and lots of fun yesterday.

Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (22.6 KB, 68 views)
Round2.txt (22.0 KB, 50 views)
Round3.txt (33.7 KB, 107 views)
Old 05-24-2015, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Good battles in mod buggy and Way to go to little DeVoe...Didn't expect to see that happen!!
Old 10-25-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Curious what the nitro scene is like at Santiam. How many nitro cars typically show on a race day? Stopped racing about 3 years ago or so, when Rise in Canby closed anyway. Got some of my stuff running again (all nitro stuff) and was thinking I might try a few races there next year. Still have my same old stuff so it may be a little dated but so am I, lol. Anyone that used to race Rise around? Jamie? Had a lot of fun racing and would be fun to run some more. Its a bit of a drive to Lebanon from Vancouver but if its enough fun may try to make the drive a few times. Its hard to fathom Portland cannot support a facility that includes nitro racing but I guess if it could there would be one. Anyway chime in and let me know how the racing is at Santiam.
Thanks. Hans.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragracechief
Curious what the nitro scene is like at Santiam.
Nonexistant. They tried to run Nitro classes at the above mentioned Memorial day race but I don't believe enough showed up then or since then. The last place I'm aware of that races Nitro in OR is a "backyard" track down by Medford - I think it went by "Crown Raceway" or similar if you want to search them out.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the reply. Sucks, but I am not surprised. Medford is way too far for me to go run R/C cars. Lebanon was pushing it. Why is nitro racing so dead in northwest Or. / southwest Wa. ? It thrives in some parts of the country but virtually dead here. Its not really any more difficult than electric racing is it? Never raced electric so I cant say. But I myself just like vehicles with engines, full sized included so that's what I prefer, nothing against anyone racing electrics. Just sucks there is nowhere in the area to race.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:52 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Uhhm a 225 x 110 ft track with a 40ft drivers stand and a full sprinkler system
is a bit more than just a "backyard" track. Yes it is on private property but there
are advantages to that.

First race will prob be spring of next year.

https://www.facebook.com/CrownRaceway/?fref=ts

Old 10-29-2015, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Looks like a great facility. If it was closer I would definitely be there. I wish you lots of success, maybe it will spread north!
Old 10-30-2015, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dragracechief
Thanks for the reply. Sucks, but I am not surprised. Medford is way too far for me to go run R/C cars. Lebanon was pushing it. Why is nitro racing so dead in northwest Or. / southwest Wa. ? It thrives in some parts of the country but virtually dead here. Its not really any more difficult than electric racing is it? Never raced electric so I cant say. But I myself just like vehicles with engines, full sized included so that's what I prefer, nothing against anyone racing electrics. Just sucks there is nowhere in the area to race.
I feel your pain! It absolutely blows my mind that the portland area can only support one offroad track. And it's carpet so not really "offroad". I'm really hoping the banks track works out next spring and people get into 1/8 racing! I don't own a nitro buggy purely due to the fact that we have no track within a reasonable distance. Just e buggy and e truggy for me.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JsK
Uhhm a 225 x 110 ft track with a 40ft drivers stand and a full sprinkler system
is a bit more than just a "backyard" track. Yes it is on private property but there
are advantages to that.

First race will prob be spring of next year.

https://www.facebook.com/CrownRaceway/?fref=ts

Man, if only you weren't 6 hours from me! Haha folks down there probably don't know how lucky they are to have an actual offroad track to run on! I will make it down there to run someday!
Old 05-17-2016, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just info sharing:

I called Santiam Hobbies for info on their outdoor track. It's not open yet, but track repairs from winter have begun.

Facebook is the best way to stay informed and I was told it would be posted once the outdoor track is ready for the season.
https://www.facebook.com/SantiamHobbiesLLC/