Rise R/C Raceway 2011 Summer Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rise R/C Raceway 2011 Summer Series

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

1/10 is fine at RISE. It is actually funny to listen to people bitch that it's only a 1/8 scale track. Has everyone lost the ability to set up a car? Do most people just copy a pro's setup from the internet and expect it to work magic on every track? A lot of the fun of this is setting up the car for the given track condition (at least for me).

PS: count me in for some 1/10 scale racing.
Is 2wd mod the class that everyone is going to run?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey mike,
yeah just need to break in the truggy. I have been sick so haven't had the time. I cant wait for the first race! gonna be fun for sure.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 2WD

Haggard: Joe and I will run 2WD , I will bring mine with me at each race when ever some one wants to run we will. Its gonna be fun getting the 2wd setup.

Chris: Definitly wanting to get the track rolling beginning in may. Have hours of testing to do mind.

Haggard: are you going to Hank Perry with us? Gonna be allot of fun with everyone going.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Any ideas on how long till the track is ready for practice? I'd like to put a few packs down on the track before the start of the series.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

If we can I would like to have a Practice day on April 30th, But it depends on how much gets finished this weekend and the weather next week. Our first race is May 7th and we will have a good few hours of practice early that morning. Then after that the track will be open for the summer. I will keep ya posted on our accomplishments this weekend and about next weekend.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Dgee,

You are not alone, everyone has new buggys/truggys to break in, new motors etc. We are all itching to get racing. We are all in the same boat. Luckily we will have an extended practice session at the first round so no worries, plenty of track time that day just in case we don't get to run before then.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the first round.

Keep and eye on this thread and mainly the Rise website for an up to date schedule.

Joseph
Old 04-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool cool, I'm just hoping to get the new buggy running well. I'm new to 1/8th scale but not new to RC.

But, first 1/8th buggy and a new car means lots of work so I'm hoping to get as much track time as possible before the first race so I can find a setup I'm happy with.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Dgee......,what kind of chassis are you running this year?
Old 04-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'll be running a HB Ve8, with the HHH chassis.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Cool....we all need some tune time as well...,glad to hear your gonna be out there with us....i think a couple other guys are running the same chassis as you so you guys can bounce different setups off each other
Old 04-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dgee
I'll be running a HB Ve8, with the HHH chassis.
Sweet! I'll practice on a stock chassis Ve8 on 6S and a 2.0 Losi truggy. Sounds like there are lots of others running similar stuff. Can I buy parts out of other people's toolboxes? Wish I had a phone number or two. Wanna see if I can run out for a quick hour and handle that internet stuff. Ain't happening tomorrow with the family stuff.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Initiate

That makes four ve8's running the series that i know of, so parts wont be a problem.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Default Track update

Well we got allot completed today, the track is awesome! Thanks to guys for helping out so much, would not have been able to complete so much with out your help.

We still a have to layout pipe and some odds and ends clean cleaned. Track is was under allot of water so its extra squishy right at the moment in some spots. Lots of air time, I say 50% of the track you will be in air and the other 50% hauling balls. The rythem section is gonna be very technical for sure, its awesome when you get right though.

We do still have some more thing to do, so I will keep you posted if are having a pratice session or not this next weekend.

Try to get some pics up once everything is complete.

mike
Old 04-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its a really great layout, gonna be a lot of fun. Will be a test of driving abilities and setup skills, geat job guys.

Last edited by dragracechief; 04-24-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (97%+)

me and my brother cant wait to race. we have been running some on our track but wood jumps can only get your set up so far. we cant wait til the 7th we well both be running 2 classes. ill be running nitro and elec buggy and my brother well be running the same in the truggy class. we both run losi. hope there are some losi guys out there in case we need a helping hand. still alittle new to 1/8 but not new to racing. cant wait to see some pics and see everyone once racing starts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.