Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Hey, how about Seattle area indoor offroad? >

Hey, how about Seattle area indoor offroad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hey, how about Seattle area indoor offroad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Hey, how about Seattle area indoor offroad?

TRCR, 4 Seasons, and Bremerton have south Puget Sound and the peninsula covered. Is anyone considering an indoor offroad facility in the Seattle area?

Thinking about it, we have healthy onroad programs up here but we're seriously lacking a great indoor offroad facility/program.

Just thinking out loud here...
Old 12-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
TRCR, 4 Seasons, and Bremerton have south Puget Sound and the peninsula covered. Is anyone considering an indoor offroad facility in the Seattle area?

Thinking about it, we have healthy onroad programs up here but we're seriously lacking a great indoor offroad facility/program.

Really? After reading the carpet thread, you think anyone would be interested in opening a track in the seattle area??
Old 12-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default I like it

In door off road track around seattle to lynnwood would be awesome!! I would go there frequently. I would actually like to be an owner, but anyways.....
Old 12-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
Really? After reading the carpet thread, you think anyone would be interested in opening a track in the seattle area??
Offroad is a different animal. It's simpler, cheaper to get into, and attracts more people.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Offroad is a different animal. It's simpler, cheaper to get into, and attracts more people.
That is a valid point Bill. I do race off-road on occasion when on-road can't be done. My opinion ( for what's it's worth) would be to concentrate on a indoor permanant on-road track. Carpet or asphalt. Granted TRCR, BRCR and 4S is a commute, but not nearly as long as it is for us on-roaders that want lots of track time. That trip being TZ2. Just thoughts.

Grant
Old 12-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

"If you build it they will come"
Old 12-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

really?

the space for carpet can just as easily be made into dirt, except theres already a huge dirt lot that come with the property

Last edited by skypilot; 12-02-2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: someone called and yelled at me so i edited my post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Only problem I have with track rats is I can't be one of them!

Just need that rich uncle to leave me an inheritance or a winning powerball and Seattle will have its track.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I know what bill is thinking here, non-permanent club track every thee week like the hangar. No track rats, cheap and convenient location for the greater Seattle area. Like I have said before, I'm for it if we can do euro style multiple surface racing and leave the dirt out of it. Whether you find an indoor space, or heck even a grassy lot. I'll bring the mower and help build some potable jumps!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
I know what bill is thinking here, non-permanent club track every thee week like the hangar. No track rats, cheap and convenient location for the greater Seattle area. Like I have said before, I'm for it if we can do euro style multiple surface racing and leave the dirt out of it. Whether you find an indoor space, or heck even a grassy lot. I'll bring the mower and help build some potable jumps!
Hurry up and build the thing so I can come up and show what a little cheese can do .....
Old 12-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

the closer you can get it to everett the better!!!! euro style tracks are sick !! but have fun getting the shuie mini spike tires. im down ill pick up a losi 22 buggy and play with some off-road again .
Old 12-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Hurry up and build the thing so I can come up and show what a little cheese can do .....
Shuffle around mumbling to yourself and not corner marshal?
Old 12-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Legend

After the race , FAIL will be all over your faces ....
Old 12-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Typical

Shuffle around mumbling to yourself and not corner marshal?
Hillarious

After the race , FAIL will be all over your faces ....

Delusions of grandeur.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
the closer you can get it to everett the better!!!! euro style tracks are sick !! but have fun getting the shuie mini spike tires. im down ill pick up a losi 22 buggy and play with some off-road again .
I doubt that the Schumacher or Tamiya tires would be a necessity. Proline calibers
, Losi IFMAR pins, IFMAR studs, and Step Pins are readily available.

Plenty of Ribbed and Mini Pin front available too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.