Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Does Portland Need a NEW FUN Outdoor Onroad Rc Club?? >

Does Portland Need a NEW FUN Outdoor Onroad Rc Club??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Portland Need a NEW FUN Outdoor Onroad Rc Club??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 09:13 PM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Does Portland Need a NEW FUN Outdoor Onroad Rc Club??

I love Everyone! Happy Happy Happy

Last edited by gregthecarguy; 11-01-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yes Greg you are way off. i personally never had a bad experience racing at a rose city event (the few times i raced outdoors). to me it sounds like you have a "grudge" with that organization or a few members from that organization from reading your posts on the RCSR threads
Old 10-31-2010, 09:59 PM

Happy Happy Happy

Last edited by gregthecarguy; 11-01-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

OMG are you kidding me? It costs $1500-$2000 to get into onroad!?!?

No wonder I haven't tried it yet!
Old 10-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default ????????????????

NAAAHH!!!!.....100.00 plastic TC3 and you're racin'......
Old 10-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Greg

You are way off here. We had a sportsman class last year that usually had a pretty good turn out. It was a run what you brung class for new people to get their feet wet with. You have to remember this is a club and not a hobby shop/track. We are here to let people decide what they want to race and purchase cars based on what they are interested in based on the classes we already offer. Why should we start new classes? There is a class for everyone already. I am sorry but if you don't like how we run our club or what we do. You do have other options. Don't come on here and bad mouth what we already have. Just because you are not getting your way and don't have a class you want to run is not our problem. As the saying goes. If you don't like it build your own track.

Last edited by DaredevilD; 11-01-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gregthecarguy
The Current offerings for Outdoor Onroad Racing is Skewed to the "Elite" Racers and leaves out, in my opinion, a large group o people who would like to race, but dont want, or simply cant afford to pay the 1500 to 2000 dollar price tag to get in. The Powers that control the Current Club say, "too bad, dont like it dont race." I dont think thats the only answer, so the Question I have is, do we need another option?

A place where non Elite spec and entry level classes are not just permitted to race (as long as you dont make eye contact with the real racers) but are promoted and encouraged. A place where a driver in an electric class is a racer and not just a track setup and corner marshal for the Nitro guys. Maybe Im way off here but Im sure there are others interested in having FUN too?
Originally Posted by DaredevilD
Greg

You are way off here. We had a sportsman class last year that usually had a pretty good turn out. It was a run what you brung class for new people to get their feet wet with. You have to remember this is a club and not a hobby shop/track. We are here to let people decide what they want to race and purchase cars based on what they are interested in based on the classes we already offer. Why should we start new classes? There is a class for everyone already. I am sorry but if you don't like how we run our club or what we do. You do have other options. Don't come on here and bad mouth what we already have. Just because you are not getting your way and don't have a class you want to run is not our problem. As the saying goes. If you don't like it build your own track.
Sounds like the answer to your question is YES

YES
Old 11-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Elite racers are SO mean. Here's a picture of me and Bodine at the last race. I'm on the left.
Attached Thumbnails Does Portland Need a NEW FUN Outdoor Onroad Rc Club??-noob.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

you could always get SC truck and Race at RC plus they are only a couple hundred $$$$... just a thought...
Old 11-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
Elite racers are SO mean. Here's a picture of me and Bodine at the last race. I'm on the left.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I for got to say you can always buy used... I personally cannot afford to go buy everything new.. It is very expensive..

I got a Photon ready to run with a RS PRO, Motor(new), and bat together for around $400. I already had a servo and a reciever.

Just check on the forsale threads and you can find some really good deals...
Old 11-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.A Morris
I for got to say you can always buy used... I personally cannot afford to go buy everything new.. It is very expensive..

I got a Photon ready to run with a RS PRO, Motor(new), and bat together for around $400. I already had a servo and a reciever.

Just check on the forsale threads and you can find some really good deals...
and you can buy a used 8th scale on road car for that amount as well... but that’s not the point what Greg is trying to explain or get across to everyone

that he does not like a few the people at Rose City Scale Racing thus making his on road racing experience not fun for him (from all your posts it clearly read into that)

when I go out to eat.. like a fancy place .... McDonalds.. I don’t order California rolls because that’s what I want.. I order from the menu like everyone else! (there’s a message in that statement if you couldn’t follow)
Old 11-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Greg you have officially stirred the pot..........again!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:31 PM

Sorry Its my way lol Ill stick to Short course and leave on road to the Dinosaurs Well at least for awhile.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
we love you jb that is a great pic, yes at the level we race at it brings out the best the worst in all of us the key is to keep it in check and remember the race only last a few mins and then you can be mad for a few more but hopefully we all leave with the same amount of friends we started with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.