Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New track(s) in Aurora Oregon (pics.)!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 09:31 AM
RMG
Tech Adept

Default New track(s) in Aurora Oregon (pics.)!

There is a new track just opened outside Aurora Oregon (just a few miles south of Canby). The property is named, Lazy M Farms Off-Road R/C. The tracks (there are two) are located on private farm property in a rural setting.

The owner/operator of the track(s) is an off-road enthusiast himself, and is very dedicated to the continuation, and advacement of the his new facility.

There are currently two tracks on the property. Track #1 is the smaller of the two, but is still larger than many existing tracks. Track #1 has a drivers stand, and is in full operation. Track #2 is fully complete, but the driver's stand is due to be built this coming weekend. Track #2 is arguably the best track in the area! It is large, has many challenging sections as well as elevation changes!

There is unlimited parking, and pit space adjacent to both tracks. This facility is large enough to host 1000 racers who could all camp onsite!

Currently the track is only being managed as a practice facility. If the property becomes well attended, the owner will put together a race schedule for next summer.

You can contact Lazy M Farms for more information, or directions to the track.

Phone: 503-651-3326
e-mail: [email protected]

Following are the pics. of both tracks. Each set of photos start on the right side of the track, and continue in sequence to the left. Enjoy!

This is Track#1 (4-pics.)

This is Track #2 (6-pics)

Old 07-08-2004, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

thanks for the info,
I have to go into Newberg in a couple weeks and might check it out..
Old 07-08-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Looks very nice, we'll have to come down and check it out. I'm just over in Oregon City, so it's not too far.
What are your personal rigs? Primarily 1/8th scale and monster trucks?
Old 07-08-2004, 07:45 AM
RMG
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Sorcerer001
Looks very nice, we'll have to come down and check it out. I'm just over in Oregon City, so it's not too far.
What are your personal rigs? Primarily 1/8th scale and monster trucks?
I'm only into Monster Trucks. I'm new to this sport and haven't been in it long enough to have the "built in" prejudice that many long-time R/C racers seem to have regarding MTs Juuussst kiddin' around, not trying to ruffle anyones feathers
Old 07-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Just wanted to know if I should start growing the mullet now or not .
I've been racing for the better part of 20 years, and yeah, I initially had a pretty strong prejudice against anything other than buggies and stadium trucks out on the track. Now that I'm not taking racing quite as seriously, and with the introduction of some huge local tracks, I dig the heck out of them. Not to mention, the larger trucks are easier for me to see .
I'm looking at picking up a Revo or the new Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium soon, but currently just have a Mugen MST-1 (2wd stadium truck).
Old 07-08-2004, 03:58 PM
RMG
Tech Adept

Sorcerer001, that new Hot Bodies Lightening Stadium has caught my eye also! Enough so that I called Hot Bodies about the release date. They told me it would probably be out in October.

However, I will only go the "truggy" route if the local tracks (and the national sanctioning bodies) do the right thing and seperate the true monster trucks from the truggies. Having a true MT truck now, I will not appreciate being smoked by a truggy because the track director won't seperate the classes. On the other hand, I don't want to own a truggy, and put that same burden on the guy next me who is racing a stock Savage

Personally, I would be satisfied if they just seperated the classes by whether the truck has a transmission, or a center diff. Also keep a minimum tire diameter of like 5.75". That's it, no big deal, the track directors, and race organizers just need to do it!
Old 07-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

I agree that the classes really need to be separated. That Stadium just looks flat serious.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

So, anyone going to be around at the track this weekend. My friend Dan and I were looking at heading down on Saturday.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

So I headed out to this place on Saturday with my Revo. I've been racing for around 20 years locally, and I'm struggling to remember a track anywhere that I'd had this much fun on. If the owner gets the support, this could easily be a national caliber track. Great dirt, and the owner put a lot of thought in to the design, particularly on the larger nitro track. It's a little ways out, but really only a few more miles than the A-Main track at Pat's Acres. And it's just a far better surface, well worth the slightly longer drive.
Huge area for parking, as well as a great location to break out the park flyers.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:00 AM
RMG
Tech Adept

Sorcerer001, I told ya so

You know, the track owner has no experinece with racing and has limited monitary resource to do anymore with the track(s). I would like to see Tim (A-Main) get a hold of the track owner and strike some kind of a deal with him to move Tim's program out to these tracks and facility. There is more room than at Pat's Acres, and unlimited possibilities for improvement.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

The owner of Lazy M just needs some people to kick in some help every now and then. He's got the tractors, the dirt, the driver's stands, and the motivation. The only thing he's really lacking is an AMB system, which he's talking about getting his hands on next year.
I personally think he should do his own thing, rather than associate himself with an existing track and hobby shop. If A-Main wants to hold a race or two out there, great. But the last thing Tim needs is another satelite track.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Uh... Woops.

Last edited by Sorcerer001; 08-17-2004 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Very Nice
Do you have power and a watering system?
Richard and Ray V
Old 08-17-2004, 05:28 PM
RMG
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Old Dog
Very Nice
Do you have power and a watering system?
Richard and Ray V
When I was there to take these photos a few weeks back he did have power, and watering was available via standard garden hose.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:10 AM

I think the fact that he has no experience is a bonus. Why have the same old burned out race format that we’ve been subjected to for years with race announcers who thrive on being an uninspired smart-ass, why spoil it? I was out there myself and I have to say this is the best track that I've been on to date. Both tracks are the best in the northwest. The Pat's track isn't even close in comparison, its crap compared to these tracks. This track has great clay based soil as well as something we rarely see around here, outstanding track design!
There are burms and elevation as well as huge jumps. But the coolest thing is the huge Daytona style banked oval on both the big track and smaller one. I say keep the hobby shops out of it leave it to the owner and the people that do the work to keep the track going. All he needs is an AMB system and this will be The premier off-road facility in Oregon. The owner is a great guy who listens to your suggestions, and is genuinely interested in your input on track ideas and changes. So go there and support it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.