Wiki Posts
Search

Eugene's new track (pics).

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 06:54 PM
RMG
Tech Adept

Default Eugene's new track (pics).

Here is a link to a post I made today about the new track at Eugene. Have a look, this track will be another option for portland area racers.

http://www.savage-central.com/ftopic23749.html
Old 06-28-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Eugene's new track (pics).

dang, I was hoping that somebody would build a on road course that people could run on any time during the week. too many off road tracks in the area.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Eugene.......how is that in realtionship to the track Richard Tunnell was running?? Is it the same place? How far is it from Portland?
Old 06-28-2004, 07:35 PM
RMG
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Mike Dana
Eugene.......how is that in realtionship to the track Richard Tunnell was running?? Is it the same place? How far is it from Portland?
Mr. Dana, I am only six months into cars/trucks (ex-airplanes), and new to off-road R/C racing (ex-mx racer). I am just starting to learn local people, and places in the hobby and I don't know Mr. Tunnell.

The track is a solid 2- 2-1/2hours from Portland once you are on the Freeway.

The track facility could handle 300 NWCT racers as an adjacent field to the property could be used for parking.

Maybe an addition to the series for next year???
Old 06-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

that's a loooooooonng drive.

power available? water? what is nearby? address?
Old 06-28-2004, 10:01 PM
RMG
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TeamTazman
that's a loooooooonng drive.

power available? water? what is nearby? address?
Power is just being finished up, and water is the next project. Don't know it it has an official address, but it's easy to find. Just past Eugene on I-5 you turn east onto Hwy 58 (willamette pass) toward Oakridge. Just a few miles up 58 you cross the river then you take the first left (1/4 mile) and the track is on the left 1/4 mile.

Yes, it's a ways down to Eugene, but for many of us living South of Portland it's the second closest outdoor track (Canby closest).
Old 06-28-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Mike - It's the same place. Last I heard, Richard was just doing the race-directing. From what he said, the club itself is really motivated and pretty much takes care of everything else.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

I dont think its the same place...
regionals were at the rc/plus track last year and i was there and the pics on this tread do not look like that track
richard said he called the races normally there...but there was word of a new track opening and this must be it..but its further south than the rc/plus track that is located right next to a huge motocross track
the race track is the same property as the r/c track both owned by the same person...met the owners last year there were really nice
the same bathrooms and showers are shared by the r/c and motocross guys..thats how close they are together...

TURBO JOHNNY
Old 06-29-2004, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

Turbo, you are correct, these are not the same tracks. The Albany track you are referring to, which Richard also ran, is no longer in operation. My understanding was, since Richard lives in Springfield it was too far for him to drive and so he became interested in opening a track in the Eugene/Springfield area. From talking to him at March Madness, the idea really took off down there, and the club pretty much took over to the point that all he does is show up on raceday and run the races. Sorry for the confusion....

Last edited by Tall Can; 06-29-2004 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:22 AM
RMG
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TURBO JOHNNY
I dont think its the same place...
regionals were at the rc/plus track last year and i was there and the pics on this tread do not look like that track
richard said he called the races normally there...but there was word of a new track opening and this must be it..but its further south than the rc/plus track that is located right next to a huge motocross track
the race track is the same property as the r/c track both owned by the same person...met the owners last year there were really nice
the same bathrooms and showers are shared by the r/c and motocross guys..thats how close they are together...

TURBO JOHNNY
You are correct about the location of the track that use to be run through R/C Plus. It is (was) located in the corner of the parking area inside Albany Supercross. That property is owned by Bob Leach (MX racer from the 70's, and long time MX track builder). I didn't know why that R/C track shut down, thanks for the info.

I use to look over at the R/C cars going around their track just as I was approaching the hugh 100' gap/jump on my CRF450

The Eugene area track is another hour South of the Albany Supercross. The club President is a fellow named Jason (I didn't get his last name). He will be the club's contact regarding future racing plans. He mentioned some conversation he has already had with someone regarding future plans to hold a round of the NWCT. Sorry, I don't have more specific information, and names.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

RMG, are you the gentleman that's opening the indoor MX track in Hillsboro?? And sorry for being kinda harsh on you before.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:42 PM
RMG
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Tall Can
RMG, are you the gentleman that's opening the indoor MX track in Hillsboro?? And sorry for being kinda harsh on you before.
Nope, that would be the guy who ran "The Barn" track in his barn North of Hillsboro. He is the guy opening the track in town Hillsboro. I don't know his name either One of these days I'll learn who is who in the area just like you do

I'm just a fairly new guy to this sport who is highly motivated to become a good R/C racer I'm kinda obcessive, compulsive about my hobbies, I get into it deep

Looks like yourself, and others here on this forum are pretty well informed about what's going on in R/C around the area. I'll keep reading post and catching-up.

See ya.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey 40oz'r

email me [email protected] or call me
Old 06-29-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

who remembers "Leach's lump"?
Old 06-29-2004, 05:13 PM
RMG
Tech Adept

Originally posted by dblaze
who remembers "Leach's lump"?
"Leach's lump" still famous at Washougal nearly three decades after it was built

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.