R/C Tech Forums

Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers

Old 04-09-2015, 07:04 AM   #121
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Back at it!

Hey Guys and Gals. My name is Matt and I have recently jumped back into the world of RC racing. With the addition of the SCT class I have gained lots of interest in competitive racing. I currently live in the Marysville wa and have been joining a small group of racers at the J&s track in marysville. I hope to meet a lot of you in the future and trade some ideas and tips to improve our racing.
neverfixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:03 AM   #122
Tech Rookie

Default still the lonely nitro guy.

I've been doing nitro RC off and on for 9 years. Owned a TC3, T-Maxx, a nitro boat, and currently a Nitro Slash, and a RS4 3 Evo. EVERYONE told me that if I wanted people to run with I would need electric, but I honestly can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on something that just doesn't do it for me. I'm happier running nitro solo than running electric. so hopefully nitro revamps and I'll have some classes to race in this summer.
lonelynitroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:15 PM   #123
Tech Apprentice

Hello everybody, my name is Roger. Just getting back into the hobby after a 10 year hiatus. Was bummed to see what was my local track/shop 4 seasons in Lacey is now closed. i live in Seattle now. Any Seattle area off-road tracks and shops?
roger206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:31 PM   #124
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi my name is Dan, I'm trying to get back to racing after a 5 year hiatus. I live in the Olympia area so looks like I'll be driving up to TRCR to race. I've got a SC10 that I picked up on craigslist a few weeks ago and my old RC10T4, hopefully I'll be able to find a race class to fit into. I don't think I ever got out of novice before but it'll be interesting to see where I fit in.

Look for the bright green cars
SuperBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #125
Tech Adept

Just saw this thread after a few weeks of being here.

My name's Joshua. I just got back into the hobby last year, and started racing in Lynnwood, WA this summer. So far, having a blast, and excited to drive more!
JoshuaRC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:39 PM   #126
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My name is Taylor Sizemore, I live in Seattle. I have been reading all sorts of threads the past week and am pretty sure I'll be racing at TRCR again after a 12 year(?) break. If you have been around a while, I was the kid who could never finish a race and was trying to race a Losi Rally Weapon for a while. :/
I go into RC racing youtube spirals every 6 months or so.

Still need to check out the dirt track at seatac. Any other Seattle off roaders? I'd love to race at Hanger 20 too, but right now I am craving some clay and jumps.
taylorsizemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:41 PM   #127
Tech Initiate

Default Hey all

Been into this hobby off and on since I was like 12, now nearing 40. Been more into planes and helis the last 5 years since moving to Oregon, but now getting back into land RC. Trying to find out where good bash sites are around Hillsboro OR. There are some BMX tracks and skate parks but most of them officially ban RC's, especially nitro. I just put together an HPI savage and really need to find somewhere good to play with some varied terrain and not too many people (or cops)
seeingeyegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:02 PM   #128

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
Been into this hobby off and on since I was like 12, now nearing 40. Been more into planes and helis the last 5 years since moving to Oregon, but now getting back into land RC. Trying to find out where good bash sites are around Hillsboro OR. There are some BMX tracks and skate parks but most of them officially ban RC's, especially nitro. I just put together an HPI savage and really need to find somewhere good to play with some varied terrain and not too many people (or cops)
You could ask if there was any update to this: 1/8th scale track near Hillsboro, Or? but otherwise, very little remaining interest in Nitro in OR. Among recent attempts, there was a track by Lebanon at Santiam, nobody showed, one in Prineville, nobody showed, might be a nice looking one by Medford still running a race every now and then. For bash spots, there used to be this place Meldrum Bar Park Gladstone/Portland, OR but I dunno if they ever allowed Nitro.

The better news is that there is a thriving indoor OffRoad scene in Salem and Albany that many racers regularly come down from your area to race at.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:54 PM   #129
Tech Rookie

My name's Fritz, and I got into the hobby by actually working at a shop for about a year now. I was hesitant at first, but I really wanted to get into racing. My first racing experience was down in Lynnwood during the summer races and TCS. It was fun to race and meet new people, and just the overall feeling about being competitive while having fun really made me enjoy it. While I do still have a lot to work on racing wise as I also still have my academics as a priority, I just do my best to balance it all out while never forgetting the fact that I took upon this hobby to enjoy it.

I plan on running scale spec this winter, and carpet's a totally different challenge. I still stumble here and there, but I do want to keep on improving.