introduction thread!!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Suspended

You know me
Old 09-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi everybody, My name is Jerod, and I have just gotten back into the hobby after a 20+ year break. My first hobby grade RC car was a World Engines Rockbuster purchased for $30 around 1987. Fast foreward to 2010, I wandered into the local Hobbytown while shopping with my wife, when An Axial SCX10 triggered all of my "I want it!" impulses. It has all been downhill from there!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

robert hamilton AKA turtle AKA hamilton...been back into rc for a few years a
after a 10 break, now i hit everything full speed and break my cars!

i like big jumps.
i like tracks run wet.
i like big jumps.
i like talking smack.
i like big jumps.
i like talking smack.

I LOVE RC CARS
I LOVE HUGE JUMPS
I LOVE MUGENS
I LOVE OS ENGINES

RESPECT FEW FEAR NONE....DFS

-current points leader in "expert" truggy ORCNT-
Old 09-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DFS TURTLE

-current points leader in "expert" truggy ORCNT-
Uh huh FAST guy right there lol has been a hella fun season racing with you and Rev for sure makes the Expert mains a blast
Old 09-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hello,
My name is Jared Jones and I race toy cars and mostly fly toy planes. Been doing it as long as I can remember. Although I am a proponent of electric only racing, I do prefer nitro engines in my planes, but don't tell anyone My latest fad is racing BMX at our new sweet most awesome facility at Joe Albi Stadium. It's so sweet they have a fat old guy class.

I am a co-founder of Team Mt. Spokane, where anyone is welcome and you
don't need a VIP card (seriously?) to pit, and I'm also the co-founder of the Wild Cherry fan club.
I hold a B.A. in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing and Finance. I served as President of the PGM Club at U of I in 2002. I currently sit on the board of directors for Spokane Valley Partners, Downtown Exchange Club of Spokane and the clubs Foundation.
I support with my time and/or my money International Assistance Program, Mentoring Children of Promise, Union Gospel Mission, Transitions, Children's Home Society, Spokane Child Abuse Network and Vanessa Beehan Crisis Nursery. And, I'm also an advocate for Senior Long Term Care. If you're not giving, you're not living. If I'm holding up traffic at a light, I'm not giving the panhandler money, I'm telling him to find God and directing him to the mission-never give them money.
I used to be a Boy Scout but bailed at Webelow, something about the name...I have a lovely wife and two pugs and yes, there is truth in the statement that dogs and their owners bare a resemblance.
Who cares what toy car you drive or how long you've been doing it, post something about yourself.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Hi I'm David Swing or just Swing AKA (crashed) I don't post much but some times I wish I did lol like it would do any good.. so I lurk I'm also on rcsupercross I've bean around for some time!! I help out when I have time for the local track builds and prep some of you may have sean me out there lol..

I like hay rides, long naps, home cooked meals, red-heads, SyFi..... and my new puppy Jax..

Words to live by. work hard, play harder, eat when you can.

Last edited by crashed; 09-14-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Boo boo
Old 09-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rookie042
Uh huh FAST guy right there lol has been a hella fun season racing with you and Rev for sure makes the Expert mains a blast
that was a joke...i don't care about points. it has been a fun season,lots of hard work and spendy, but alot of fun. good luck this weekend fast guy!

almost forgot the stupid face.... ....there it is!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Jim Sharkey from Portland been runnin the orcnt series this year and its been more than i could ask for. THANK YOU & GREAT JOB. Chad Paris (medford 1st.rnd.), Rev Murry and the DFS crew (Bend 2nd&4th.rnd), Jhon D. and the Harrisburg Track for the 3 & Final round. Clint A. has done a great job MC'n & run'n the box.(pro race announcing & loop managment). Hope all of us as racers can make it worth everybodies while and keep the ORCNT going for years to come.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Hello,

My name is Paul Laird. I am new here but have been enjoying the orcnt both in bend and the "burg". I have a hpi blitz that has been deemed my starter truck. I look forward to racing more with this croud. Had a blast this weekend even though we didn't get to race. Hope to race in the future with all I have meet.

Big thanks to Jon Demings.
he's the one who hooked me on rc carz.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Most people call me boof. Been racing since 1991. i'm a proffesional motorcycle tech. I build race bikes for the pro privateer's in the n.w. ama supercross,ama nationals. ryan abrigo, tiger lacey , mike horban etc. Worked at amain raceway 2006-2009 sales ,r-d , r/c repair. Just another fella that likes to race when i can. Motocross performance at 503-761-6686. I build the best dirt scooters in the n.w.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am Legend, errr I mean Momo aka Chris.

I've been into RC for over 15 yrs. I am mainly an offroad guy, but haven't been in the competitive scene for some time. I did my early stints in a couple of hobby shops, St Helens Hobby Center, Tammies Hobbies and currently at Xtreme Toys and Hobbies located inside Clackamas Town Center.

My weapons of choice are the B44 and B4. However, as the distributor and US importer for the Amax line, I hope to assist in the R&D of the Amax line both 1/10 and 1/8th scale in Elec. and Nitro.

Many of the Portland Veterans likely know me or have heard of me.

If you are at the mall, stop in an say HI.

MOmo
Old 10-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Rookie

hey, my name is andrew buren and I got into r/c racing when my dad got me a rc10 buggy back in the late 80's. We raced alot at r/c plus in salem when they had the dirt track outside and also in dallas. Then I ended up trading my r/c car for my first dirtbike (rm50) and started riding with my dad and my brother and all my dads buddys. That lasted for about 15yrs and then pops got a little old and decided to get out of riding so i got back into r/c and of course i went all out and spent a grip of money to get this buggy (rc8b) and i have a blast racing it. I joined the orcnt tour and of course couldnt make it to all the races but had a blast at the ones that i did hit... thanks for the fun and thanks to all the people that had anything to do with helping to get the orcnt up and going.... GOOD JOB!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my name is Cory, i live out on the north oregon coast.
right now i mostly just play around at the beach. but just picked up a couple Losi Strikes. maybe ill get to race a few times. is there anybody in my area?

Originally Posted by MOmo
I am Legend, errr I mean Momo aka Chris.
you actually sold me my RC. couple weeks ago. got a Amax Maxiva and a Redcat Earthquake. gave me a pretty good deal.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thought I'd try this again, as my last post didn't show up...

My name is Michael, and I'm from Maple Valley, WA. I'm brand new to the sport, and I'm going to be just practicing for a bit - probably in Covington and Tacoma - possibly Bremerton once in a while.

Looking forward to meeting you guys
~m
Old 12-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi! My name is Bob and I've become a RC addict. I've been involed with many forms of racing though out my life and now I'm passing this on to my son whos going to be my wheel man. I love racing and a good laugh.
I hope to pass you all very soon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.