Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I signed up on line, at least I think I did, but it didn't take the paypal,

did the entry come through?
Old 09-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Mmmmmmm mod 12th. Sean, you up for this? There are a bunch of guys from the teams coming. Book your room now or sleep with Tonka. I will book with BW in Battle Ground. Saddly the Grill closed around the corner, so we'll have to find a new watering hole. I was told I earned a comp entry, but I heard it was under the stand next to the fridge next to Russ. Mark; I'll call you. BTW: Mark's 17.5 motor tq'ed 12th at IIC. Thanks again buddy! Did I give it back?
thats right Brian i'll be there next to the fridge with hopefully lots of beer !
some might say i drive faster that way you know after a few!!!
see you guys there!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Will anybody have some extra space, or wanna split rooming fees for this race?Really looking forward to it, just gotta make it happen.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I have a bit of inside info that many should be arriving to toss their name in the mod hat. This should be fun. This will be the biggest thing in the NW for the rest of the year. There could be another big surprise coming....
Brian, how did you find out I'm running mod 1/12th at this event? Geez, I was trying to keep it a secret.

Actually, since I was in Vegas for a week, I gotta give payback to Lori. She has a rare 4-day weekend coming up and it just happens to be the same weekend GP. So, I'm gonna be somewhere on the California coast that weekend, thinking about all the fun I'm missing and all the great people I usually get to race with.

Geez, ain't payback a bitch?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Well we are back from the IIC and ready to get things rolling for the TZGP. We had great success from Scotty and the Team in promoting the event while down there all week. it is looking good, and with their input and comments we have made some slight changes to the class and tire situation. we have made the Solaris tire the spec tire for both of the touring car classes, and will include (1) set with your $60.00 entry, and up to (4) additional set will be available for purchase at the track for $26.00 each.

We have also added a Mod 12th Scale class to the event by request of many of the team drivers.

Speaking of Team Drivers as it stands now this is just a small list of some of the fast guys planning on attending:

Speed Merchant
Tekin
RC America/Xray
Top USA
Team Associated
Team CRC
Team CEFX
Team Corally
Old 09-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

How many actual bodies can be at this race (pit space)? I have yet to come down and race at your fine facility but that will change soon enough.

Is Rick Hohwart of AE considering coming to the TZ GP?

Steve
Old 09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I find it funny you felt the need to add...."of AE" to the that post.

just messing.

Mark, did my entry come thru?????
Old 09-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I'm in! This will be my first BIG race, so go easy fellas.

--Bill
Old 09-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info on the tires. Could you put me down for two sets. I will send the payment for the sign up (with tires) and one extra set by Friday If I remember LOL!!!!! Looking forward to a big race!! You might need a bigger fridge BTW.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

So I read Jack teh Gripper for traction compound... is this all that's allowed or just what is preferred?

Mod is open tire it seems, what is the good tire setup? Don't have to give away that secrets but at least clue me in as to what I need to start ordering up.

thanks!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
So I read Jack teh Gripper for traction compound... is this all that's allowed or just what is preferred?

Mod is open tire it seems, what is the good tire setup? Don't have to give away that secrets but at least clue me in as to what I need to start ordering up.

thanks!
Solaris Spec tire for mod now..
Old 09-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

thanks!
Jack is all they allow and I'd look into it but it appears from the post above there is a spec tire for open sedan as well?

Originally Posted by MAD
and with their input and comments we have made some slight changes to the class and tire situation. we have made the Solaris tire the spec tire for both of the touring car classes, and will include (1) set with your $60.00 entry, and up to (4) additional set will be available for purchase at the track for $26.00 each.
I'm confused. I sent in my entry via the website and it was $50.00, so I wrote a check for $50.00. It's $60 now? Its not a big deal I'll give you $10 when I get there.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

thanks!
When we started using paragon on the old Jack saturated SIR carpet, it took a while for tires to stop getting gummed up.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Last time I looked at the numbers on the pit spaces in the main area, the highest number I saw was 65. I think about 5 of those are reserved for team members.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Pete; I assume you are asking about mod tc? Those in charge will have to answer that tire question. Mod 12th; that's open tire, always has been, hopefully always will be. Jack is the only sauce at TZ2. They had plenty on the shelf a few weeks ago. Steve: heard the pit spot under the stairs next to fridge and Russ is available..... you just gotta play hostess. Bill; dive in buddy... you wont regret this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.