Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Mikes R/C world -Bellingham- >

Mikes R/C world -Bellingham-

Mikes R/C world -Bellingham-

Old 06-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: pretty nice track

Originally posted by BatMan99
its a pretty nice track.there seems to be plenty of pit area.i will be going to bellingham in a day or so and i will stop by and take some pics so everyone can see what it looks like.

THANKS BATMAN.
It would be fun to go up to see saterday night racing but I am playing poker with you that night.
Friday night BTW I will be trying to make it to the cederdale circle, and cheer on crazy lue.
tam is working late friday.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default racing

I race every here every saturday so Ill try to answer some of your questions for you tires- bowties,holeshots,and stepins sometimes. The surface is dirt clay mix (very dark). So far the most popular classes are gas truck,mod truck (electric), and we're also trying to start a 4wheel mod class for all the xxx4 guys (Ill be wheeling an SBsport) haha. last saturdays mod truck race was very close A-main finish was 5 trucks 15 laps each 5 seconds separated 1st and last(very good racing) gas truck is also just as competative. So far this is one of the funnest venues Ive raced at and that comes with 15 years racing,(I also live in bellingham so my travel time is cut down now.everybody that races needs to come check this place out. (YOU WILL HAVE FUN).
Old 06-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post cool track

i stopped by today and took some pictures of the track and shop and pit areas.as soon as i figure out how to get them on here without having to click on a link ill get them on here.some turned out kind of dark but you can still see.

Last edited by BatMan99; 06-29-2004 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Post track pics

here are some pics of the track.sorry about the quality.it was kind of dark when i took them.
Attached Thumbnails Mikes R/C world -Bellingham--drivers-stand-1800x600.jpg  
Old 06-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Post more pics

this is the pit area.
Attached Thumbnails Mikes R/C world -Bellingham--pit-area800x600.jpg  
Old 06-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Post more pics

this is the parts shop up stairs.
Attached Thumbnails Mikes R/C world -Bellingham--parts-shop-1-800-x-600.jpg  
Old 06-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Post more pics

another pic of the track layout.
Attached Thumbnails Mikes R/C world -Bellingham--track-pic-1-800x600.jpg  
Old 06-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Post more pics

another pic from the drivers stand.sorry about the dark.
Attached Thumbnails Mikes R/C world -Bellingham--view-drivers-stand-800x-600-2.jpg  
Old 06-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Post another pic of more pit area

this is a pic of more pit area and the bathroom
Attached Thumbnails Mikes R/C world -Bellingham--pit-bathroom-area-800x600.jpg  
Old 06-30-2004, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post Dark Angel!

WOW! Brad you weren't lyin, those pics are dark man! I'll do the website if they want me to. We'll need better lighting for web pics for sure. Otherwise the place looks fun!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi everyone,

I am with Mike's R/C World. I just found out about this yesterday! This is awesome!!

It is really nice to read all the good things about the track. I'll start checking this frequently so I can answer any questions.

We are going to have a grand opeing on Saturday, August 7th. The entry fee will be higher, $25.00, but that includes a t-shirt, lunch, and a ticket for LOTS of drawings. Each additional class will be $8.00.

We are just getting going so we will be trying to have a lot of events up and coming. We race every Saturday. We open at 11am and racing starts at 2pm. We are looking at starting a point series race soon. Next year we plan on having a point series race each quarter and then also accumalte points for the year. (Mike really wants to hand out a "two-handed" trophy!!

I'll try to answer some of the questions I read. I know someone did already answer about the tires. He's right, bowties and lugnuts. The track is a little slippery when it is damp but it doesn't take long to dry.

We have electricty. We are adding more outlets and air will be available soon also. These things will be done by Grand opening. Pit space is ok but we expect to outgrow space soon. We are looking at different options to solve this up coming problem. We do have the big roll up doors and a huge fan. It has been to big of a problem, but we are going to install two more fans just to make sure.

We have a small store upstairs. We are increasing the inventory weekly. We have snacks and drinks available. In the future we will be going after our food permit for hot dogs and stuff. However, their is fast food around and we usually got someone around who makes a run for everyone.

I have to admit, r/c is new to me. Mike raced years ago, but Iam learing quickly. The amposhere at the track is awesome!! The guys there are great!! We've actually started to get new people into the hobby and also alot of people who havn't raced in 3 or more years.

Well, Here's a lot of stuff for you. Again, I'll be checking frequently to assist with any other questions!! Thanks so much for starting this! It is greatly appreciated and I look forward to meeting you all!!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default exhaust fans

Hi, its Penny from Mike's R/C World again.

I just read what I wrote!
When I wrote about the exhaust fans, i forgot the "n't" meaning it hasn't been that bad in there yet, but we want to prevent it from happening!

I can't wait to talk with you guys!
Old 07-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Default pic's + grand opening

hey bat man
That was cool of you to take those pics. Next time we can use some lighting. I like the pic of the drivers stand, it really shows how tall it is. I really liked driving from that high up. Some racing pics would be cool to really show the size of things. We have to make it up there again soon. I just wish i had an offroad electric car to run.
Did you find a cheepy yet batman?
Old 07-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Post not yet

i havent found one yet.there are quite a few used ones on ebay ive been looking at.i will buy an electric one.im looking for a buggie or a stadium truck.im definately going to get one so we can go and play up there on our off weekends. the pictures werent that great due to the lack of light when i was there but maybe i can take more when the lights are on one of these weekends.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey, went up to mike's today just to check out the track cause a few friends were there and they were having a great time, didnt have my gas truck but had my girlfriends rtr electric truck so i took that thing out and had a really fun time, i will be there next saturday with the NT. more people should come it is a really fun time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.