Wiki Posts
Search

SARCAR - Revisited - Revived

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 08:27 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Seem funny how everybody always have an Ideal ,HOW and WHAT and WHERE,But never say count me in for voluntary support this hobby....
Old 07-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

I guess setting up a meeting to determine interest and those that would be willing to make a commitment of financial or help, and or both, is probably the next step. I'm willing to help out in any capacity that is needed.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
Just south of the old Georgetown Brewery, across the street from Jules Maes Saloon is a HUGE, unsealed, new, champagne smooth asphalt lot. HUGE. On Saturdays they have the Georgetown farmer's market. Nothing on Sundays. The lot is owned by Sabey Corporation. Did I mention it's HUGE...and really really nice??? And there are good restaurants across the street with lots and lots of beer.

PS...I'm more interested in electric, but whatever...
Bill; you hang out at the coolest places. Could you just imagine a Georgetown Showdown? Manny's could sponsor a main. Kody and I would be on the sidelines working out who going to be TQ and who's winning.

Just so everyone is clear, I am simply stirring a pot, not starting a club. If the pot boils over, then we can start something.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I've been told the Georgetown locals are generally friendly towards fast noisy gas powered...pretty much anything.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Cool Some "Random Thoughts" from a "Madman"!

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Does my RS4 Super Nitro that's been collecting dust count as 1/8 scale?

-Mike
Actually Mike, it does not....however, there used to be a 5 to 10 car showing @ FWR a few years ago. I still have one sitting as well as a Tamiya TGR. These were raced @ FW and considered "Safe'n Sane" compared to the .21 ci "Full-On" 8th scale "Land Missles"!

Never meaning to "Diss" the FWR program, But, the less than warm regard that I have gotten the "Sense of", leaves me wanting a better option for my Nitro Powered Obsession. I believe SARCAR used to have, (along with ROAR requirements) 15' wide lanes to accomodate 5th scale cars. And as Brian points out, the Track barriers and such were "Way Overbuilt". So maybe with 5th scale being the lone casuality, a "Not-so-Wide", less wear'n tear, easier to setup/tear down track system could be "Invented".

So far, all of the "Chatter", sounds real positive. Please all, continue....
Old 07-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

"The pot" will boil over this weekend at TZ Raceway Park fer sure. As Chris Berman would say "it could go all the way" to Seattle.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Hey 8th On Road racing fans. I have been having several conversations with drivers that really seem to be interested in getting 8th scale gas on road active again the greater Seattle area. Sarcar had been that club for 35 years. Looking back, it built itself up as so complex, that the membership struggled to assemble the track and conduct racing, eventually retiring in 2006.

Is the time right now to resurrect and restore fuel on road to the NW? Before you chime in, several conditions have to be considered:
No track material currently exists.
No scoring system exists.
No club or leadership exists.
No location exists.
Basically there is nothing but desire.

Is there really that much desire to overcome everything and to restart the Sarcar Club?
I think it would be awsome and will help in any way I can. I still have all my stuff too.

Boy Brian, I couldn't agree more that there's nothing like the feel of 1/8 on-road. Been gettin my fill of buggy, but you know thats not the same. I'll bet Dave S and some of the old SARCAR'ers will come out of mothball for this. I too believe it was the thought of setup/teardown that eventually took it's toll.

I'll keep my eye of the thread and will help. I also can spread the word-Maybell, Shreven ,Thompson, Barns, Behzad? Come on guys...
Old 07-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

You know, it's the RS4 Super Nitro types that need to have some class identity if things were to restart. Those are great cars that need a little stretch out in the yard once in a while. I don't know if they are still produced, but that would be a perfect "sportsman" type gas car. Lets face it, the 200mm gas sedan and 4wd open 8th scale cars are going to be at the top of the pile thorough-bred race cars. There needs to be something slightly more affordable for drivers to test the world of gas racing.

Yes, Sarcar had to contain 5th scale cars which meant we had to be Roar compliant with track containment. As the 5th scale cars diminished, the club was left with the physical burden of fabricated sheet metal track. It was a fully lane divided course with poly corners and half round concrete blocks with 10" high sheet metal perimeter. The club was actually quite proficient at assembly and tear down, but it was well orchestrated work that required a substantial tow vehicle to be on hand. As members left, it quickly spun out of delicate balance and ceased.

Anything new would have to be contained in a Wells Cargo style trailer that an average vehicle could handle. It would have to be easy to assemble, light weight, poly hoops connected by simple lane dividers and a readily available perimeter material that the novice handyman could maintain/build. Drivers stands could be merely the size and height of a common folding table with a railing. Race Central could be built into the trailer to minimize set up. Accommodations would have to grass roots once again instead of lavish.

Anyway.... random though spilled onto the keyboard.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

The HPI RS4 super nitro was Mark and mine first nitro car. We installed every purple bling hop up part man could conceive, thinking it would make it go faster and handle better. Boy was that a rookie mistake, but the car looked great $2000.00 later! The car was fun and there was a large class at FW and at Stan's Redman Hobby track. I think it reached it's pinnacle of popularity around the time of the HPI Challenge. Lot of fond memories with that car.
We could kick this around at the local Battle Ground watering hole Friday night. We should be at TZ about 8pm to set up our pit etc. See you there. Is Paul going to make it?
Old 07-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Paul's gotta work Fri and may ride the Ducati down Sat. We were supposed to have diner this week with Behzad, but it didn't work. He's flying jets right now, but I bet with a little shove, we could get him back. Marty has a local painting business going and I have bumped into him a few times at H30. I have his number should this get rolling. Stanton! Thanks for chiming in. Always glad to see you're still turning wheels. Is Will still kicking your butt? The last I heard from Dave Steen is his reaction timing and vision is not what it used to be, so he's doing sail boats. I think that would be like what Crosier said: like walking the park with a metal detector. I want some something fast, dangerous and exhilarating. Just got off the phone with Ehrlich. He said build it, he'll come.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

For those not in the know, where does one start looking for 1/8 scale onroad gear? Heard of 1/8 offroad plenty, not onroad though.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the internet of course...

google serpent rc cars
Old 07-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
For those not in the know, where does one start looking for 1/8 scale onroad gear? Heard of 1/8 offroad plenty, not onroad though.
Bill you might just sell your bikes if you get into racing 8th on road! Its that DIALED.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kody
Bill you might just sell your bikes if you get into racing 8th on road! Its that DIALED.
Ain't never gonna happen!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jtveten
The HPI RS4 super nitro was Mark and mine first nitro car. We installed every purple bling hop up part man could conceive, thinking it would make it go faster and handle better. Boy was that a rookie mistake, but the car looked great $2000.00 later!
Sorry...but this picture is just too good not to post here.
Attached Thumbnails SARCAR - Revisited - Revived-yeah-purple-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.