Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Port Orchard Hobby Outlet Track

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Port Orchard Hobby Outlet Track

Gary at Hobby Outlet was nice enough to put up over $6,000 to build a new track and buy a brand new AMB system.

Its a work in progress but should be a good place to race for the locals.

The tracks surface is packing really nicely and should make for some fast action.

I'll post the first race day.

Old 05-31-2004, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post What scoring software?

Did the track also purchase the Sparc 2 scoring software? That is the program we went with and has taken a little getting used to but is very nice! Let me know, I can help if need be on that system. Track looks awesome by the way.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

I'll ask Gary, I believe it cost a total of around $4,000 for the system.

Thanks for the offer, we might just need some help, nobody here has ran a system like this
Old 05-31-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post Contact email

Josh, you can email me at [email protected] if you need help. Let me know and I will try to be any help I can. It may be more that he spent....we spent around $4400.00 upgrading to the new stuff this year.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Wow... the track looks awesome. Edwin had been telling me about this track for some time. Can someone post the address? When is the track open for practice and when are races schedule?

Thanks...
Old 05-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Allan, the track is always open for practice.

Here's a map http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...type=GenSearch its the far right side of the shaded area, the hobby shop is inside Rose Crafts on the left side of the shaded area.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:04 PM
TSB
Tech Master

Josh K-
I am willing to help run your first race if you want. I am a very well known RD and have ran wome of the bigger NW off road races last year... including NCT race 4 and % last year and the Mapston...

I would hope and pray that they bought B and B autoscor or J Lap they are the two best and easiest to run...

Brian

[email protected]
Old 06-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

I talked to Brandon today, he's the kid in charge of learing the system and running the races, he's young and knows nothing about the AMB or races in general, he would love any help offered and is looking forward to getting started.

Please contact Brandon or Gary if you are available and would like to help, it looks like this Saturday Brandon will be trying to learn the system and we will be there to do a mock race.

let's make this a great community track, its great seeing all the kids (and adults) show up that have never seen these things run, it's a real positive hobby and we need to promote that aspect so new people won't be intimidated.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Josh K.; 06-02-2004 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

I can't make it this Saturday, but definitely plan to make it next Saturday. I'd love to help out any way I can. I hope Brian can make it over there to give them some instruction.

You've got it right, Josh. We want to create a positive atmosphere and help new folks out to promote the hobby.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:44 AM
TSB
Tech Master

so how owuld I get ahold of these people to help them out?
Old 06-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default pic

I didnt know anyone was taking pictures.LOL
Old 06-03-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

I just took a couple real quick

TSB, just email Brandon @ [email protected]
Old 06-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

FYI, I heard from the Hobbyoutlet today. Racing at the track is on hold while they install a sprinkler system. The next race might be on July 10, but stay tuned...
Old 07-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default hobby outlet

It sounds like it will be a sure thing for the 10th I see they have a sprikler system now.Unfortunately my grandsons first birthday is on that date . I still may show up for a quick run.That is if there are other buggys out there to race against. I'm still working on getting my savage race worthy.I'm in a union and right now our contract is up and Im a little unsure of the finances right now . I have the rims and wheels I need just need to get a 200 oz steering servo . I still may run it though. will see.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

I doubt I'll be racing there, I heard Gary wants to have 5 different people alternately running the race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.