New NCT Director........

Old 05-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default New NCT Director........

Hey everyone,

If you're interested in directing the NCT in 2005 and on, please find me at the Hank and we'll figure out a time to talk.

I'm picky about who is going to it take over. I'm interested in what you have to offer the series and where you want it to go and how you're going to get it there. I most likey won't make a decision there but will shortly.

I have big commitments coming up and I need to be replaced. But, I didn't get it this far to have it fall into obscurity either. Hope you understand.......

Thanks.......
Mike
Old 05-26-2004, 02:53 PM
TSB
Tech Master

you have mail...
Old 05-26-2004, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ;-)

Old 05-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Brian, i got it

Corey, i didn't
Old 05-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Arrow

hOORAY!!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Now this sounds like a topic that needs attention. Was there any thought put into that Zodiac or do you have some personal issues with the current NCT director? I've seen this series go from a few clubs talking about getting together to race, to 6 tracks almost 1000 entries and factory sponsored drivers showing up to race. No matter what you think of the NCT director, you have to admit this is quite an acomplishment. These are not going to be easy shoes to fill. Especially with only a handful of people helping and cooperation (sometimes) from track owners/directors. As an NCT regular racer I am concerned with this issue. And if you attend all the races and look forward to it all winter like some of us you should be concerned also. So what happens with a new director? Do they maintain what is in place? We hope at least this much. Do they change things for the better? Maybe. Or does it all go up in smoke within a year or two? Uh-OH. Who are the candidates for next year? Do all the loyal NCT racer have a say in this? Is this going to be a popularity contest? Or is there someone qualified that cares enough to make this a positive change? Speak up guys. Comments, concerns, questions, suggestions.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Warlock, Zodiac and all of the other NCT racers reading this thread:

No matter your opinions of me, I TRUELY appreciate you supporting the NCT and it's hosts with your entries, purchasing series gear and providing feedback either positive or negative in nature.

I put this thing together with the help of Westcoast Hobbies, RCCCW and RCCCS last year and, as you've all seen it's pretty much blown up into (litterally) the largest Off-Road RC Series in the world this year. You should ALL be proud of that!! You have 6 GREAT events in which you get to race the best in the Northwest. I organized it the best I could, but YOU made it successful. I truely mean that. I am proud of the series and pretty emotionally attached to it. I've dedicated a HUGE amount of the last almost 2 years to it. And it's really nice to see that all of you wanted to see an RC racing series happen as much as I did.

The plan going into 2005 is to continue the best 4 of 6 race NCT format. I will still be involved. However, I will probably handle the marketing and promotions end of the series, as well as helping to organize the series during the winter months (primarily coordinating with the hosts, etc.). The contacts I've made this year and my travels next year, lend it's self to that pretty well and in my opinion that's my strong point anyway.

Brian Phillips and I have spoken about Brian handling the race day program and most of the NCT issues that arise once the series gets rolling. He will also be involved to pre-season coordinating with the hosts as well. At least that is the thought currently. I think Brian will do an excellent job.

We are just in the beginning stages of planning for next year and I would recommend posting here what you would like to see implemented next year. However, please don't turn this into a bitch session. I know, just as well as you all know, the series is FAR from perfect. There are lots of changes I would like to see made myself. However, not all changes benefit everyone. That is the challenge when trying to evolve the NCT into a better series for 2005. But please, I would like to hear what you have to say. Actually, I don't hear enough or when I do it's to late! Post away........

We are planning on involving the hosts more in the planning stages of the NCT for 2005. Last year we attempted to have a NCT Host meeting but it didn't happen. This year it will and host attendence will be required. Whether we have that meeting in person or via teleconference....we'll see. Most importantly EVERY ONE of the hosts needs to be involved in the decision making stage and needs to be on that same page as far as event formats, rules, etc.

Otherwise, I've written WAY to much here and for those of you that know me I'm up way to late.........

Thanks again for your support,
Mike
Old 06-25-2004, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Ideas

The only thing I would consider changing is splitting the electric and nitro races. It would have some draw back doing so, but I think the advantages would out weigh the bad. I know there are several other people that have also mentioned this idea. But if it doesn't split, it won't make much difference to me, I will still do my best to attend all of next years events. I give Mike Dana all the props he is do for even creating the series. This should have been done long ago.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Mike, you've got it pointed in the right direction. Like we've talked before, every track has to step up and take part of the work load off of the director. And we can't split it up. Do you know how many 2 day races are there already? Six more would make it way to many races in the area now. If we could make some the electric races we have already it would work. Gold Cup and Winter Rage would be two good ones to start with.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Don't get it wrong Mike, I think you are doing a great job. That's why the concern about your replacement. I'm glad to hear that you will be involved/overseeing next year. I just felt as though the subject was being ignored by the racers. Brian would make a good choice for running the race day program. I think it would be a good idea to have a single RD for all the races. That would cut down on some of the delays we have seen in the race progams this year.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:19 PM
TSB
Tech Master

Everyone- ANY IDEAS for 2005 would be appreciated. Including tracks to go to next season.

RCBlu- Splitting gas and electric would be a bad idea. However something else may be in the works... It may not be at the same time. Time will tell. I know that the NCT will have very Minor changes next year. The classes should stay the same and some rules may be readressed.

Warlock- We are working on that. Part of the reason for me taking over is that I am a very open minded and not afraid to get behind the microphone at any race. As some of you may have noticed during Gas Truck qualifying at West Coast. I would love for it to be that way but the tracks all have to be open to that. The series is linking together existing races with their owne diferences. Case in point is Wenatchee. Carey Bennet who is a great anouncer has had that race from day one. The RCCCW may want to keep it that way. We just have to convince the tracks that it is for the best for the series and see it we can work something out with them. I have personaly talked to two tracks allready and they both seem to be ok with it. I have talked to a thrid track that wnats us to do everything from t-shirts to tropheys. Wether we can do that or not is still to be decided.

Last edited by TSB; 06-27-2004 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

hey can i put sumthin in...well i think...nvm...i dont think thats legal!!!!
Old 06-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Post your rules requests here, thanks.