Wiki Posts
Search

NWIC 2010/11

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
nothing fancy, just plain ole roar classes, if using a spec tire, use one brand for all tracks.

grand prix should NOT be part of series.
+1
Old 06-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I say keep it simple also....I also suggested to Darren at Nats that we should think about cutting out friday practice. Just have an early Saturday morning practice and 3 or 4 quals on Saturday and possibly a last chance on Sunday morning then triple a's.

I think it might help increase attendance for people to travel because they wont feel like they have to be there all day friday to practice. With a 6 race series I burned up 6 vacation days just to race the NWIC. That doesn't leave much to do anything time to do anything else.

I also think that 1 drop is more than enough, not 3 like last year.

Just my two cents.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
I say keep it simple also....I also suggested to Darren at Nats that we should think about cutting out friday practice. Just have an early Saturday morning practice and 3 or 4 quals on Saturday and possibly a last chance on Sunday morning then triple a's.

I think it might help increase attendance for people to travel because they wont feel like they have to be there all day friday to practice. With a 6 race series I burned up 6 vacation days just to race the NWIC. That doesn't leave much to do anything time to do anything else.

I also think that 1 drop is more than enough, not 3 like last year.

Just my two cents.
+1, but the tracks might want to have Friday practice as well.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default 2011/2012 NWIC

1. I agree ROAR classes.

2. 5 Events (TZ, H30, RCPlus, Skagit, and Tri-Cities) with 1 drop. Last years 3 out of 6 saw attendance drop. Do not include TZGP.

3. I personally like the Friday practice and love the fact we have 3 day events. Maybe we standardize the schedule for all events to have Saturday morning practice from 8:00am until 12:00pm followed by 3 rounds of quals. Then Sunday 1 round of quals followed by the mains. If an event can offer Friday practice as well then great. I can tell you that any longer travel events such as Tri-Cities I would arrive on Friday anyway.

4. Suggestion for greater attendance: For the points series classes go small on plaques and big on CASH. Top 3 paid: 1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%. Take $5 or $10 of every entry in a class towards the final cash prizes. If a class has an average of 20 or 30 entries (17.5 blinky sedan) maybe you pay out to top 5 or top 10. Money could add up quick in the higher attended classes: 5 events X 20 drivers X $10 = $1000. Pay the top 5 and you have some motivated drivers. Just a thought.

Troy
Old 06-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

I know the couple of the 1 day events last year at the Hanger worked well, and I know that I may not have been able to attend if they were multi day events because of schdule issues. Also I know how cool it is to travel and have a 3 day fix of RC so it's tough, if you shorten the events it may help it may hurt thats a tough one to call.

Troy I'm not sure racing for money is a good thing...... I think it could bring out some issues...

The TZGP Will NOT be part of the Series.... We had been pressured to add it to the series the last two years and don't want to this year. It will allow us the class structure, controlled products, and sponsor freedom, without the hassle of trying to comply with the series rules....

Last edited by MAD916; 06-21-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I agree with one standard tire for all the races.

Pick a tire where traction rolling won't be an issue. Don't know if it's the new carpets or the new tires but I've never had traction rolling issues until last year.