Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NWIC 2010/11

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here's my thing: I would gladly compete in novice/sportsman only, to keep out of the way of the better drivers, but it wasn't really an option. I tried it one season, but not all the tracks offered that class. If I'm going to invest the time, money, and effort into attending every race, I'd like to see my race results all be counted at the end of the series, even if I am just in it for the fun.

TTFN,
Grem
Old 06-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default NWIC 2010/2011 Classes?

Stock 17.5 Rubber Tire Sedan Limited Profile ESC (NO Sponsored drivers)
Super Stock 17.5 Rubber Tire Sedan Open ESC
Modified Rubber Tire Sedan Open ESC

13.5 1/12 Scale Open ESC
Modified 1/12 Scale Open ESC

World GT 13.5 Limited Profile ESC
Expert World GT 10.5 Open or Mod World GT Open

That would eliminate Foam Sedan from last year but add 1 more 1/12th scale and one more World GT. Total 7 classes with a pretty good mix of beginner, Intermediate, and Expert classes. The mod sedan class seemed to be optional last year based on if Dave, Kody, and Darren showed up. This year it may have more of a following with Devin, Tim, and others since there is no 13.5.

Troy
Old 06-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kody
Thanks Jacko for getting the ball rolling!

Here is what I would love to see,

Stock Rubber TC & Mod Rubber TC

Stock 12th & Mod 12th

WGT & possible a mod WGT

Call me crazy but thats my thought! I will be running Mod Rubber and Mod 12th if possible.

Kody
Your suggested classes make too much sense. Let the complaining begin.
The WGT class would have easily been the largest class last year and would be this year if it had 13.5 and mod, or at the very least dumping the 13.5 for a 10.5, if it's going to be just one class. It seems that all the angst comes from the spec stock classes. IMHO there should only be one stock class for each chassis class with no esc boost etc. The huge jump from stock to mod doesn't mean much unless your a mid pack stock spec racer and you think you expect to podium in mod. I expect there would be more racers that would want to try a mod class, if there were just the two classes. A fuller mod class would be more fun and made up of the new slower mod guys the intermediate faster guys and the top elite guys. Right now it seems like the mod class has just the intimidated "what the hell am I doing in this class guys" and the few top elite guys, there is not enough mod racers for the new and intermediate guys to compete against and improve, so they don't get discouraged and drop back down in class, or don't want to give it a try in the first place. Building a good group of mod racers is a big part of a successful track, with their experience and knowledge they share with other racers is invaluable, plus they are pretty fun to watch race.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune

13.5 1/12 Scale Open ESC

That would eliminate Foam Sedan from last year but add 1 more 1/12th scale and one more World GT. Total 7 classes with a pretty good mix of beginner, Intermediate, and Expert classes. The mod sedan class seemed to be optional last year based on if Dave, Kody, and Darren showed up. This year it may have more of a following with Devin, Tim, and others since there is no 13.5.

Troy
+1
Old 06-17-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I like the purposed classes. Somebody posted a list of last years class entrants, and stock had the most, super stock had the 2nd most, and mod had the least. If you take out 13.5, they will motor up or motor down. So that will split and grow stock and mod into bigger class numbers. Heck, rename mod to "open" and people will run there 17.5s in the class. The mayhem that causes passing people outdoors is bad enough, let alone RCPlus type smaller lanes. But they will get punted (without cause) into the lower mains by cars that can't help but punch out of corners.

Another suggestion, open tire the series. I know some of you hate blues as much as I do. And with Sweep getting big in the NW, and how much I like SJR premounts, it be a positive for a lot of people.

I'll be turning 18 in November, so my parents can't hold me from winter racing anymore like last season. Haha.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The classes sound ok to me too. One change i would like to see is 12th 1s 13.5 and a spec tire. The spec wgt class was more fun for me as it had a level playing field . I don't want to have a huge box of tires for 12th anymore. 12th with no speedo limits and spec tires would have a better draw for guys like me that can't handle mod so well.
ME
Old 06-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaredevilD
I can't believe we are starting this again. TC sportsman 17.5 no advanced timing,17.5 open, and mod. WGT and 1/12th stay the same. I am not sure why speed controls are becoming a issue again.
Why would you say 12th scale stay the same? If a chunk of guys want to start running mod why not let them. Maybe instead of running two 17.5 rubber classes you run a 12th or WGT.......
Old 06-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
Once you get a baseline setup for the Tekin there is no need to change it. Once you get the gearing and rpm's set you really dont need to touch it. That's my opinion of course. Having the option of tuning you esc is much easier/cheaper than carrying 14 different motors to figure out what combo you want to run that weekend.
I see you guys changing stuff every dang run on the comp... The fastest motor will always be the fastest with boost or without... Thats a Duo 1!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks you...
Old 06-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Why would you say 12th scale stay the same? If a chunk of guys want to start running mod why not let them. Maybe instead of running two 17.5 rubber classes you run a 12th or WGT.......
After some thinking and mod 1/12th and WGT class would would be good too. I have thought about WGT as a second class. 1/12th if like Mike said had a spec tire.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bruce Grembowski
Here's my thing: I would gladly compete in novice/sportsman only, to keep out of the way of the better drivers, but it wasn't really an option. I tried it one season, but not all the tracks offered that class. If I'm going to invest the time, money, and effort into attending every race, I'd like to see my race results all be counted at the end of the series, even if I am just in it for the fun.

TTFN,
Grem
Part of the problem I see is that we need to stop calling 17.5 with no timing sportsman... Its what stock should be so we should call it STOCK so people don't get turned off by the name. Number one problem here in the US is instant satisfaction. We must go faster, faster and faster.

I do see a need for possible a third rubber class. ONLY IF ITS NOT THERE FOR PEOPLE TO RUN TWO 17.5 CLASSES. Run 12th scale guys and you will get better driving skills from it. I know this wont work as the third class will be put into place just to get the entry numbers up.....
Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Default That was Easy! LOL

Spec Tire for rubber classes TBD maybe Sweep

13.5 1/12 Scale Open ESC with Spec Tire TBD
Modified 1/12 Scale Open ESC open tires

World GT 13.5 Limited Profile ESC WGT Spec Tire
Mod World GT Open ESC WGT Spec Tire
Old 06-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

13.5 1/12 Scale Open ESC

Troy
I'll roll with this.

I agree with the stock class... Let this be a good place with a good pace for the newer racers getting into the NWIC. 17.5 with turbo boost is just to fast for a stock class...
Old 06-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Stock 17.5 goes back pretty much to where it was at the beginning of last Season. Fast enough to be fun but slow enough for the sponsored/super fast guys to avoid.

Super Stock 17.5 is faster than 13.5 was a year ago.

WGT goes back to no timing adv and is the class that it was intended to be.

I personally would like to run 13.5 Super stock 1/12 and Mod GT. Maybe a little Super stock 17.5 sedan here and there.

Mike, I like the idea of a spec tire for super stock 1/12th.

Troy
Old 06-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
I like the purposed classes. Somebody posted a list of last years class entrants, and stock had the most, super stock had the 2nd most, and mod had the least. If you take out 13.5, they will motor up or motor down. So that will split and grow stock and mod into bigger class numbers. Heck, rename mod to "open" and people will run there 17.5s in the class. The mayhem that causes passing people outdoors is bad enough, let alone RCPlus type smaller lanes. But they will get punted (without cause) into the lower mains by cars that can't help but punch out of corners.

Another suggestion, open tire the series. I know some of you hate blues as much as I do. And with Sweep getting big in the NW, and how much I like SJR premounts, it be a positive for a lot of people.

I'll be turning 18 in November, so my parents can't hold me from winter racing anymore like last season. Haha.
Having a spec tire for rubber is a good thing IMO. We have to look at the fact that this is not IIC and we get fresh carpet thats clean and builds up a super groove. Having a tire that grips well and has decent tire life is a MUST IMO. Running Jaco blues in Mod is not my definition of fun.

This is just another aspect of the NWIC that needs to be worked out...
Old 06-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Stock 17.5 goes back pretty much to where it was at the beginning of last Season. Fast enough to be fun but slow enough for the sponsored/super fast guys to avoid.

Super Stock 17.5 is faster than 13.5 was a year ago.

WGT goes back to no timing adv and is the class that it was intended to be.

I personally would like to run 13.5 Super stock 1/12 and Mod GT. Maybe a little Super stock 17.5 sedan here and there.

Mike, I like the idea of a spec tire for super stock 1/12th.

Troy
We've been talking about WGT single cell and no boost. When 13.5 WGT was racing with 4cell Nmih that was about perfect. You take out that battery and add single cell and the question is then what do you get? Might be to slow. We are looking at 10.5 no timing. That might be more on track of the old 4cell 13.5 no boost.

I will check the KV's and do the math and post up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.