Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
What Truck for Portland Area? >

What Truck for Portland Area?

What Truck for Portland Area?

Old 06-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default What Truck for Portland Area?

Hello,
I'm itching to get an electric 1/10 truck (probably ST, actually) an would like to know which has the most local support when it comes to spares and user know-how.
So far I've looking at SC10 or Blitz. I tried Slash 2WD, since many people claim that it's built like a tank, and it felt "sloppy" (diclaimer: I'm a noob, especially i 1/10, so I migh have unrealistic expectations from ST).
I'm not planning on racing, but I will likely runt the truck at the track...

Oh, and I have RC10GT, which shares "some" parts, I think. I generally go to Tammy's, but they had very few parts for RC10. Not sure if its because the truck is so old or they just don't stock AE parts.

Thank you
Yuriy
Old 06-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Initiate

If you are planning to drive at Portland RC Raceway in Clackamas, they have a good parts inventory for Kyosho & Associated, maybe HPI too. Kyosho is extremely well represented and the race director (Joe Pillars) is the Kyosho factory team manager. He works with some of the best drivers in the world, so for technical support its the best available, anywhere. It is no coincidence that Kyosho holds most of the PRCR track records.

Dave's RC Tracks in Hubbard is also a Kyosho dealer and stocks some parts.

Both tracks are commonly frequented by drivers with Kyosho support and some drive SC trucks. They are all willing to share their knowledge and if the track doesn't have the part you need, they might. The Kyosho Ultima SC is outstanding!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

If your interested in the Kyosho SC truck Ive got one for sale
Old 06-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default RC Hobbies Portland

My Son Nick works at RC Hobbies in Portland 123rd and Halsey street . He is there Wednesday and Friday afternoons. (the store is open all week but I am trying to help my son out) He can hook you up with what you need.
503-477-8011