Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Old school Racer looking to get back into the game... >

Old school Racer looking to get back into the game...

Old school Racer looking to get back into the game...

Old 05-12-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Old school Racer looking to get back into the game...

I started RC racing way back when in '90 when I was like 12 years old, and did it off and on for about 8 years. I was pretty much all 1/10 scale electric Off-Road. After I graduated HS and started working full time I finally built up a competitive set-up, and then I sold it all off to go to school.

Now its 6 years later. Im out of college and working again, and just starting to make a decent livable wage. After surfing the web I come accross Fantasy World Hobbies Site, and reminiss about all the great times I had racing at the B&I track....I even saw a few old faces Id like to see again.....uh ohhh I think Im having a racing sickness relapse......

Anyways Ive realised everyone's moved on from off road and to these "parking lot" races....and I wanted to find out.."What's the deal?" What tracks still run around here (Seattle/Tacoma area) and when are the races? What the heck is everyone racing now?
What kind of platforms should I be looking in (I used to be an old team Associated fanatic....until the Losi XX came out...)

Well surfing the web I am realizing I have a lot of cathing up to do...but am also pleasently surprised that the price of the gear has come down a ton since I last raced....
Old 05-12-2004, 07:57 AM

lower on the northwest page is a thread titled, "so you want to race this weekend" it gives a listing of all the tracks and thier web sites and race dates.

but for a quicky,
fantasy world, has parking lot on road every sunday. located by mega foods in tacoma on hosmer.

trcr as off road indoor, gas and electric, different days of course.
located two blocks off south tacoma way on 48th

the rest you can look up have fun, welcome back, and break out the check book,
there is also a thread titled "northwest for sale" i know matt bailey just put some really good equipment up for sale at a real decent price.