Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Why won't electric racers travel as much as gas racers? >

Why won't electric racers travel as much as gas racers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why won't electric racers travel as much as gas racers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default HMMMMMM

ok, lets see,
Back in the so call good -o-days Hank Perry was 300+ racer`s ! Not entry`s....
ok, is 300 racers better than 300 entries????? i think not.
The Stock Nats back in 2000...That waz a big one...
. 200 entries including junior, and masters.. most racers ran 2 classes...... thats not big....... 300+ entries 3 weeks prior to the race.....THATS BIG....
A Big differents compared to today....
yEP YOU are correct..... it is a big difference...... The biggest difference is the series races are not NATs, REGIONALS< or WORLDS. it is 90% N.W. racers, out to havea good time. This is also the First Year of THE NORTHWEST CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES....

WOW......... now thats BIG....... think of next year.......

oh yeah, there are already alot of entries for round #4 , and we are still 3 weeks away from round 3.....thats BIG

You should come check it out George......
Old 05-12-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Legend

Default Re: HMMMMMM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by crashin73
[B]ok, lets see,
1. ok, is 300 racers better than 300 entry`s ?

Well ,yes.... thats 150 more check books writing checks to support the hobby shops & tracks, hotels ect...
And if we had those 300 + racers today, would`nt we have 600 + entry`s ?

Corry > when you guys decide to groove the track out like in 2000 nats> you would get me to go.... That was fun !
Old 05-12-2004, 11:40 AM
TSB
Tech Master

for once I agree with George what is the world coming to? Maybe that is all it is. Maybe the tracks rightnow cater to gas. Electrics are way more precise at least mine are ( my gas stuff allways sucks) so maybe WILD CHERRY should olive up to his words and hit up the Columbia Cup... Treated Surface baby!!! The racers are out there to make a race once again with that many numbers... It is just no one rce can be decided that everyone will go to... I beleive Phelps is the one who gets the credit for that quote.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Legend

Tsb I will try to discuss the Columbia cup with John w & C if we can go.... Blue groove rules....
Old 05-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Regional Moderator

Maybe it's because Electic racers don't have gas.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: i agree

Originally posted by crashin73
i think there is a lot of discrimination towards electrics. I for one have been at trcr, trying to practice with my stock buggy, then comes along a monster truck, and thump thump........ your day is done...
thats what happens when you run your electric speed bump on NITRO day, we get 2 days and you guys get 5 and you still have to run during our time.

get in the way and your done.

I'd like to throw my 1/8 scale on the track during electric day and see how many people like it.....
Old 05-14-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default wow,,,,

actually josh k, some of us dont live accross the street, and have to travel 3.5 hours to get there. so ANY practice time we get, we use. I happen to run both, gas and electric. i also run 1/8th and Monster truck. Crazy idea, but i still have respect for others on the track. funny thing about racing, if you drive around someone, instead of through them, it makes for racing, not bashing!!!!
so Actually, YOU get 2 days of practice, i get 1, so get the hell outa my way.....
Old 05-14-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

LOL...
I try to aviod the electrics but some guys think the track is like a playground and stop on the straight, go backwards and just generally act like idiots causing wrecks, this should be limited, if you can't drive then don't get on the track.

I do try to avoid the speed bumps as much as possible but when you have a gas truck screaming up on your tail I would suggest you move or you might get squashed
Old 05-14-2004, 11:16 AM
TSB
Tech Master

Josh k and all but a few of those idiots that just play drive Savages or T maxxes and ummm wait those are umm yeah they are gas cars... or do they just have a baseball card in thir spoke?

there should never ever be the atitude of move or get ran over learn to pass
Old 05-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

2wd stock should be faster than a monster truck. Avoid the truck
Old 05-15-2004, 12:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Someone opened a can of worms here. Maybe we should re-name this thread "which is better, or which has more track rights : gas or electric?" Like tsb said "learn how to pass". Keep the bashing for your backyard.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

I think we ALL have jumped the pipe onto the straight away (going the wrong way) at one point or another. But most of us have lungs and can be vocal... yelling out STRAIGHTAWAY gives most people a heads up that there is something very wrong going on.
--- Some --- of the time a crash can be avoided...
It's part of the learning process to "line up" then grab the throttle...

The part about learning to drive before hitting the track, is pretty short sided. Breaking suck especially when someone is going the wrong way....

Old 05-15-2004, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

you obviously haven't seen some of the drivers I have, they need to find a parking lot and learn how to turn before jumping on the track with 1/8 scales and monster trucks.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

I have seen em.. I agree they shouldn't start with 1/8 scale or Monster trucks, but monster trucks are very popular and people think they are great. In the hands of a skilled driver they are.
Part of the deal is as a hobbyshop or r/c club you sell whatever the customer want's to buy. You definatly do not down sell them, even though the other racer's would like them to start out in Stock Truck or 1/10 scale gas truck like most of us.
As a skilled driver, I am sure you can find a way to drive around them even though they are way outta control

I would have a tougher time corning for them then racing with them. (dangerous having an outta control monster truck coming your way)

-- Back on topic here --
The reason there are more nitro then electric:
When they run good, there is nothing better then the sound of a two stroke engine hooked up and going like a bat outta hell!
(even if the actual lap times are slower then electric..)
Basicly there is a certain rush with the nitro engines that electric just doesn't have.