Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW Backyard Tracks

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by snowbeaverking
That looks sweet man how did you get the boss to OK that. I need some pointers as i am trying to get my boss to let build a mini halfpipe in my back yard.
I had to build a bunch of flower beds and a raised garden bed in order for my boss to let me build one. Well worth it though. Even went as far as taking a chainsaw to make a "door" in the back of the garage or should I say pit area. That didn't go over so well....
Old 05-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well now that the nw short course nats is over. im still recovering from that weekend. decided to take a week or two off from racing. kinda burnt out. i decided that the track wasnt going to build itself. so i got to moving more clay today. got about 10 or so wheelbarrows moved, rakes and got the first roll on the clay. will got more done tomorrow. i think i just might have enough but barely. will look into getting more good sticky clay! on to the pics.
Attached Thumbnails NW Backyard Tracks-0522001615.jpg   NW Backyard Tracks-0522001633.jpg   NW Backyard Tracks-0522001634.jpg   NW Backyard Tracks-0522001635a.jpg   NW Backyard Tracks-0522001635b.jpg  

Old 05-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

more!
Attached Thumbnails NW Backyard Tracks-0522001636.jpg   NW Backyard Tracks-0522001649.jpg  
Old 05-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

you will notice a 2x4 buried in the rolled clay. that is the start finish line. it wont be a 2x4. it will be the blue clay i have been separating from the pile. i have a big bucket full that im drying out so i can screen it. once dry and screened i can carefully lay it down in the groove. should look preety cool since the clay when dried out is light brown.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Maybell
What I want to know is, whos having a kegger bbq race this summer???
OK so here is the latest scoop, I talked to my old man, and he said that if I can find someone with a dozer, he would let me build an RC track at his house, i just need to find someone with a dozer to clear some areas for him, and WHAMMO!!!! You could be seeing a new track in the making. Anyway if any of you know of someone who has a bulldozer.......LET ME KNOW.....I wanna build a massive track like the one in Pasco. I have all the plywood to build the drivers stand etc......I just need the ground cleared. Let me know please. And yes Sean, if I can get this done this summer............I will be holding a Kegger/BBq at the track I build........just like in the movie field of dreams, If I build it they will come.....................
Old 05-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

here mine under construction..

i tried to add as link but got an error "only allowed to post URL's after a certain number of posts....blah blah blah" so i attached it.
Attached Thumbnails NW Backyard Tracks-sta_6774panorama.jpg  
Old 05-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snowninja
here mine under construction..

i tried to add as link but got an error "only allowed to post URL's after a certain number of posts....blah blah blah" so i attached it.
wow thats really big`
Old 05-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zanernator
wow thats really big`
i hope you're joking about the picture and not the track.

Last edited by snowninja; 05-28-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JSM Racing
OK so here is the latest scoop, I talked to my old man, and he said that if I can find someone with a dozer, he would let me build an RC track at his house, i just need to find someone with a dozer to clear some areas for him, and WHAMMO!!!! You could be seeing a new track in the making. Anyway if any of you know of someone who has a bulldozer.......LET ME KNOW.....I wanna build a massive track like the one in Pasco. I have all the plywood to build the drivers stand etc......I just need the ground cleared. Let me know please. And yes Sean, if I can get this done this summer............I will be holding a Kegger/BBq at the track I build........just like in the movie field of dreams, If I build it they will come.....................
im new to this whole thing. but for a local off road track to play at i would help out. and i got quite a few friends who would help as well. if you need muscle, send me a pm...
Old 05-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snowninja
i hope you're joking about the picture and not the track.
i Race indoor so it looks big ha
Old 06-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Sequiim and Port Angeles R/C Track

Here's a pic of the recent layout. It's not the best dirt, but it works well.

Edit: sorry about the HUGE pic. I'll resize if its annoying...lol

Last edited by makaluch; 06-04-2010 at 03:47 PM.